Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

800mRepeats

My pansterone fell out of solution and I don't know how to get it back in. Before I got some crystals in the refrigerator, but this time I left it outside of there and got precipitation that I haven't been able to reverse by shaking and/or running under warm water. I'm about to take it to my lab and throw a stir bar into it. Suggestions?

Had a similar problem with DMSO Stressnon (pregnenalone) and it took more than "warm" water.
I wound up getting a mug of water up to coffee-making temp (shy of boiling) and immersing the bottle for several-many minutes, shaking periodically and reheating the water at least once. It took persistence, but I was eventually able to get it back into solution.
It has since fallen out a bit; but, I'm over it - as I've moved on to the SFA version (which comes in a white bottle so I'm blissfully ignorant to its status).

BTW, I wasn't too happy about having the plastic bottle in hot water ...

jaakkima

I've only read a small portion of this thread but I would also chime in that any supplement with further special utility for hair regeneration or stopping hair loss would be particularly of interest.

Jman

Hey haidut,

Just an idea Ive been thinking about; It would be cool if you used your capabilities to find a manufacturer who can produce a very clean pregnenolone powder. Ray has quite often said he has little confidence in the pregnenolone being produced these days, and recently said that he thinks most of it is likely contaminated with something estrogenic. Over the years reading peoples experiences online, and my own experiences, that would seem to be true.

I have no idea what would actually go into something like that, the finacial implications and what not. But I figured you have done a similar venture before with your wheat germ vitamin e, so It might be worth throwing the idea out there.

Anyway, I would love to here your thoughts on that. Kind regards.

Wagner83

Hey haidut,

Just an idea Ive been thinking about; It would be cool if you used your capabilities to find a manufacturer who can produce a very clean pregnenolone powder. Ray has quite often said he has little confidence in the pregnenolone being produced these days, and recently said that he thinks most of it is likely contaminated with something estrogenic. Over the years reading peoples experiences online, and my own experiences, that would seem to be true.

I have no idea what would actually go into something like that, the finacial implications and what not. But I figured you have done a similar venture before with your wheat germ vitamin e, so It might be worth throwing the idea out there.

Anyway, I would love to here your thoughts on that. Kind regards.
He has a pregnenolone product (solution) and does not sell powders so far healthnatura carries a pregnenolone powder, also haidut posted studies showing there is a right dose for pregnenolone and too much will be anti androgenic.

Dave Clark

Regarding Mitolipin: I read that Peat said if he would use it he would take it with dinner. I have always seen that phos-choline supplements are usually recommended to be taken on an empty stomach, and was wondering if that would be a better way to take Mitolipin. Any thoughts on dosing time, etc.? I have been doing the dinner thing as Ray mentioned.

docall18

Many find normal Dhea converts to estrogen at even low doses. A non estrogenic Dhea product would be good.

I find 7-Keto Dhea very good at lowering cortisol/balancing Progesterone. There may also be some other Dhea metabolites that cant convert to estrogen.

mirc12354

Since a lot of people have gastric issues with taking creatine orally is there a way to take it topically? What solvent would be suitable? If any.

Jsaute21

Has anyone not reacted well to the new SFA ester in the idealabs products? I am not close to being sure that it is to blame for some gastric distress my body has been under the past two weeks - just wanted to see if anybody else has experienced some discomfort when administering orally. Chances are that these are unrelated issues, but i am a bit perplexed by them.

Dave Clark

Has anyone not reacted well to the new SFA ester in the idealabs products? I am not close to being sure that it is to blame for some gastric distress my body has been under the past two weeks - just wanted to see if anybody else has experienced some discomfort when administering orally. Chances are that these are unrelated issues, but i am a bit perplexed by them.
I haven't noticed a problem. I know the DMSO gets irritating sometimes. No issues with the SFA, but now I will pay more attention to what's happening after I apply it.

LukeL

@haidut I want to order several things but I would like to know which products are still with DMSO and which are with SFA

Is Tyronene and lisuride in MCT now?

Thanks!

Jsaute21

I haven't noticed a problem. I know the DMSO gets irritating sometimes. No issues with the SFA, but now I will pay more attention to what's happening after I apply it.

I think it was an excess serotonin load from alcohol & other endotoxin. I also did notice the nausea symptom from lisuride though it was minimized at a smaller dose.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you so much for cypro, andro and pansterone without DMSO. Could I use tocopherol versions together with SFA ester version of pansterone? And what about kuinone? Thank you so much again.

Yes, you should be able to use the SFA version with the tocopherol version but applying on the same spot at the same time will not help absorption. Kuinone should not be used at the same time as tocopherol containing supplement.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I want to order several things but I would like to know which products are still with DMSO and which are with SFA

Is Tyronene and lisuride in MCT now?

Thanks!

Not in tocopherol/MCT but in SFA ester + ethanol.

MCF

@haidut, my partner really like the DMSO version of Pansterone and Tyronene. If I request that version in the instructions of the order page, can you make that version?

Terma

Have not see much in terms of studies showing beneficial effects of these. I don't want to add stuff in just because. There has to be a specific reason like the saturated PC affecting cardiolipin for example.
I would be interested in saturated phosphatidylserine, maybe you already know it is one of the most advertised for reducing cortisol, but mainly it had drastic albeit temporary mood effects on me. I don't buy it anymore because of:
Phosphatidylserine - Wikipedia
Early studies of phosphatidylserine on memory and cognition used a supplement which isolated the molecule from the bovine brain. Currently, most commercially available products are made from cabbage or soybeans because of concerns about mad cow disease in bovine brain tissue.[12] These plant-based products have a similar, but not identical chemical structure to the bovine derived supplements; for example, the FDA notes "the phosphatidylserine molecule from soy lecithin contains mainly polyunsaturated acids, while the phosphatidylserine molecule from bovine brain cortex contains mainly saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids".[10]
It's that case where the available supplements probably don't match those used in original studies.

I did eat some of those foods they list above that (which incidentally were helpful but with downsides) but I didn't find documentation on the composition for animal non bovine brain sources (if someone finds these please post them).

Anyhow personally I had stronger effects from phosphatidylserine than any phosphatidylcholine (incl mitolipin) so that's from my n=1. (sorry for lack of good research links maybe I will try to find some again when less rundown)

Last edited:

Terma

I couldn't dig deep enough today, the articles I'm trying to get don't look to be on sci-hub. But anyway this guy made a specific claim that interested me, beyond the usual "PS lowers cortisol response after exercise" trials: Phosphatidyl Serine, Memory and Cortisol: A Primer
This system works fine until the hippocampus and hypothalamus lose their sensitivity to the cortisol; when this happens, they need a significantly higher level to feel satisfied and the adrenals are co-opted into overworking. The end result is chronically-elevated cortisol levels.
The introduction of Phosphatidyl Serine reverse the insensitivity at these brain neurons, meaning that these specific areas of the brain are satisfied with much less cortisol. The end result: the hypothalamus no longer stimulates the adrenals in the same way, the cortisol levels fall. As such, phosphatidyl serine is not a ‘cortisol blocker’, it simply reverses the factors that would otherwise push cortisol up too high.
But sci-hub won't load his sources for me. [another useful summary Phosphatidylserine ]

Here's a passing quote that suggests the bovine PS was mostly saturated+monounsaturated (as opposed to omega-3 rich), so it was probably a good substance: Oral Administration of Soybean Lecithin Transphosphatidylated Phosphatidylserine Improves Memory Impairment in Aged Rats
BC-PS, whose structure is primarily confined to a 1-stearoyl-2-oleoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphoserine
I also noticed this Effect of Phosphatidic Acid and Phosphatidylserine on Lipid Oxidation in Beef Homogenate During Storage and in Emulsified Sardine Oil :
Meanwhile, the addition of dipalmitoyl PA and bovine brain PS to emulsions of fish oil suppressed the nonheme iron ion-induced lipid oxidation.

Sort of a work in progress, but obviously the odds of finding stuff on dipalmitoylphosphatidylserine are pretty low.

mercutio

i wonder if larger bottles with cheaper pricing may be available for some things in the future, like 90 days worth of dosing for the higher dosing side rather than 30.

Back
Top Bottom