Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

JoeKool

Nothing is irreparable. It is now known that thing like peripheral neuropathy and demyelination are quite reversible, and progesterone is one tool that can do it. Any progesterone will do. Pregnenolone is also a myelin booster, so taking a 100mg on a daily basis will probably help as well. Thyroid should also help if cholesterol levels are adequate.

Thank you very much Haidut... I've seen some improvements...

However, I have an ask for Idealabs... iodine in DMSO? Is that safe? I have found on another forum the use case of that on the penis and additional area for nerve and tissue repair... Do you feel iodine is helpful for thyroid or is T3 a better direction??

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you very much Haidut... I've seen some improvements...

However, I have an ask for Idealabs... iodine in DMSO? Is that safe? I have found on another forum the use case of that on the penis and additional area for nerve and tissue repair... Do you feel iodine is helpful for thyroid or is T3 a better direction??

I don't think most people need extra iodine and it can suppress the thyroid pretty strongly when used outside of deficiency cases.

haidut

Forum Supporter
How about topical cetirizine?

A preliminary study on topical cetirizine in the therapeutic management of androgenetic alopecia. - PubMed - NCBI

"Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is a common form of scalp hair loss that affects up to 50% of males between 18-40 years old. Several molecules are commonly used for the treatment of AGA, acting on different steps of its pathogenesis (Minoxidil, Finasteride, Serenoa repens) and show some side effects. In literature, on the basis of hypertrichosis observed in patients treated with analogues of prostaglandin PGF2α, was supposed that prostaglandins would have an important role in the hair growth: PGE and PGF2α play a positive role, while PGD2 a negative one. We carried out a pilot study to evaluate the efficacy of topical cetirizine versus placebo in patients with androgenetic alopecia. We found that the main effect of cetirizine was an increase of total hair density, terminal hair density and diameter variation from T0 to T1, while the vellus hair density shown an evident decrease. The use of a molecule as cetirizine, with no notable side effects, make possible a good compliance by patients. Our results have shown that topical cetirizine 1% is responsible for a significant improvement of the initial framework of androgenetic alopecia."

Cetirizine is hepatotoxic so I would not use it if possible.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this imminent? Just ordered Gonadin

Not for another month or so. I need to get the lanosterol and test it first.

800mRepeats

I understand a new solvent is in use with some of the supplements ...
Have the product descriptions provided here in the forums been updated to reflect the current status? (In the first post in each thread?)
Have the photos of the products on the IdeaLabs website been updated as well?

With such a wide variety on offer and a steady stream of new releases and updates, it seems like it's getting harder to tell what's what and to confidently know what one will receive when a purchase is made.
For example: Post 722 in this thread mentions that Stressnon now uses the new SFA solvent, but there is nothing in the current Stressnon description or photo that indicates such. (And maybe that's because there's still a backlog of DMSO-based Stressnon to be sold first?)

Last edited:
OP
Ras

Ras

haidut

Would there be any benefit to reformulating MitoLipin with saturated versions of the other "membrane lipids:" phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylinositol, and phosphatidylserine?

Pointless

haidut

Would there be any benefit to reformulating MitoLipin with saturated versions of the other "membrane lipids:" phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylinositol, and phosphatidylserine?

My God! That would be amazing!!! :emoji_grinning::emoji_grinning::emoji_grinning:

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut

Have not see much in terms of studies showing beneficial effects of these. I don't want to add stuff in just because. There has to be a specific reason like the saturated PC affecting cardiolipin for example.

Lucenzo01

I understand a new solvent is in use with some of the supplements ...
Have the product descriptions provided here in the forums been updated to reflect the current status? (In the first post in each thread?)
Have the photos of the products on the IdeaLabs website been updated as well?

With such a wide variety on offer and a steady stream of new releases and updates, it seems like it's getting harder to tell what's what and to confidently know what one will receive when a purchase is made.
For example: Post 722 in this thread mentions that Stressnon now uses the new SFA solvent, but there is nothing in the current Stressnon description or photo that indicates such. (And maybe that's because there's still a backlog of DMSO-based Stressnon to be sold first?)

I think haidut should put the description directly in his website, it would save him a lot of work editing posts.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think haidut should put the description directly in his website, it would save him a lot of work editing posts.

There is a legal reason there are no descriptions on the website. The less you say on the page where people buy it, the safer it is legally.

Owen B

Haidut...My interest is in trauma and I have read with interest your commentary in many places on the "dreaded brain fog" especially in connection with serotonin excess.

My rat has tried Ritanserin and Cypro with little luck. The Cypro was an excellent for a while - tremendous exhilaration - but as you point out it is a dopamine antagonist at very low doses (1 mg. I think). So the subject picked up that antagonism pretty quick. I'm still interested in applying Lisuride and/or Metergoline at some point to lab subject.

So, Naltrexone. This substance is more intriguing from a "strict" trauma point of view because most of the research on the core effects of traumatic "brain fog" focusses on enkephalins and the mu opioide receptor. The problem with that is that - based on my very unscientific research - is that there are 3 different kinds of mu receptors.

This kind of chemical response is associated with massively, non-adaptive parasympathetic responses called "freezes". They're immobility responses, "playing possum", feigned death, hugely anesthetic and unconnected to the dopamine system.

Is serotonin associated with these kinds of responses? Probably. Serotonin is the chemical mediator in tonic immobility in sharks.

But these non-adaptive (dorsal vagal) responses (as opposed to adaptive and ventral vagal) look to be predominantly about enkephalins.

I've tried Naltrexone with mixed results but it's a substance that looks to be in the right church but wrong pew. (Three different receptors).

Ever had any thoughts on this subject, one way or another? Theoretically or in connection to a new item at the lab?

(By the by, thanks for your reply to my DHEA issue).

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut...My interest is in trauma and I have read with interest your commentary in many places on the "dreaded brain fog" especially in connection with serotonin excess.

My rat has tried Ritanserin and Cypro with little luck. The Cypro was an excellent for a while - tremendous exhilaration - but as you point out it is a dopamine antagonist at very low doses (1 mg. I think). So the subject picked up that antagonism pretty quick. I'm still interested in applying Lisuride and/or Metergoline at some point to lab subject.

So, Naltrexone. This substance is more intriguing from a "strict" trauma point of view because most of the research on the core effects of traumatic "brain fog" focusses on enkephalins and the mu opioide receptor. The problem with that is that - based on my very unscientific research - is that there are 3 different kinds of mu receptors.

This kind of chemical response is associated with massively, non-adaptive parasympathetic responses called "freezes". They're immobility responses, "playing possum", feigned death, hugely anesthetic and unconnected to the dopamine system.

Is serotonin associated with these kinds of responses? Probably. Serotonin is the chemical mediator in tonic immobility in sharks.

But these non-adaptive (dorsal vagal) responses (as opposed to adaptive and ventral vagal) look to be predominantly about enkephalins.

I've tried Naltrexone with mixed results but it's a substance that looks to be in the right church but wrong pew. (Three different receptors).

Ever had any thoughts on this subject, one way or another? Theoretically or in connection to a new item at the lab?

(By the by, thanks for your reply to my DHEA issue).

As an opioid antagonist, I thing pregnenolone is also pretty good as is plain sodium.
Sodium (Salt, Soda, Etc) Acts Like Naltrexone

Jsaute21

Have there been any reviews on the new DMSO replacement? The fatty acid ester. In the one supplement I use, I feel pretty good on it. @haidut have you noticed a difference?

Below is an interesting implication.

Elsevier: Article Locator

"Sensorineural hearing loss has long been the subject of experimental and clinical research for many years. The recently identified novel mutation of the Cadherin23 (Cdh23) gene, Cdh23erl/erl, was proven to be a mouse model of human autosomal recessive nonsyndromic deafness (DFNB12). Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA), a taurine-conjugated bile acid, has been used in experimental research and clinical applications related to liver disease, diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases, and other diseases associated with apoptosis. Because hair cell apoptosis was implied to be the cellular mechanism leading to hearing loss in Cdh23erl/erl mice (erl mice), this study investigated TUDCA’s otoprotective effects in erl mice: preventing hearing impairment and protecting against hair cell death. Our results showed that systemic treatment with TUDCA significantly alleviated hearing loss and suppressed hair cell death in erl mice. Additionally, TUDCA inhibited apoptotic genes and caspase-3 activation in erl mouse cochleae. The data suggest that TUDCA could be a potential therapeutic agent for human DFNB12".
Hair cells are the sensory receptors of both the auditory system and the vestibular system in the ears of all vertebrates.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Have there been any reviews on the new DMSO replacement? The fatty acid ester. In the one supplement I use, I feel pretty good on it. @haidut have you noticed a difference?

I like it, but my opinion is biased so hopefully others will chime in. Definitely less irritation than DMSO. It actually makes my skin at the application site quite smooth since that SFA ester acts acts as an emollient.

Broken man

Thank you so much for cypro, andro and pansterone without DMSO. Could I use tocopherol versions together with SFA ester version of pansterone? And what about kuinone? Thank you so much again.

jyb

I like it, but my opinion is biased so hopefully others will chime in. Definitely less irritation than DMSO. It actually makes my skin at the application site quite smooth since that SFA ester acts acts as an emollient.

Something that would be interesting to know is roughly the absorption rates, for example how well does Pansterone and other non-DMSO products absorb in the SFA vs MCT vs ethanol solvents when applied on the skin vs oral vs rectal. That's important information to know whether it makes sense to apply on hair/wounds/scars/etc. Idealabs supplements have a lot of potential for skin application unlike the common dry powder supps with fillers. It's a shame DMSO can be so extremely inflammatory for some people (I'm included).

I'm sure you already commented on absorption rates here and then, but the information is lost over the threads and a centralised page would help.

There's a few more products I would order if they had non-DMSO option. But I do notice there's more choice now than a few months ago.

Last edited:

superhuman

@haidut will you replace the DMSO in most supplements? like the T3 and TyroMix and the K2, DHEA/Pregnenolone one etc? im gonna buy from you so i really want without DMSO to see if it makes a difference if this change is right around the corner

encerent

@haidut will you replace the DMSO in most supplements? like the T3 and TyroMix and the K2, DHEA/Pregnenolone one etc? im gonna buy from you so i really want without DMSO to see if it makes a difference if this change is right around the corner

He's changed most (or all?) of them to a SFA ester vehicle now. The descriptions have not been updated though.

superhuman

He's changed most (or all?) of them to a SFA ester vehicle now. The descriptions have not been updated though.

ohh really? then im gonna make an order for sure, i just need to know which one so i can try the ones without DMSO.

Back
Top Bottom