Ibuprofen Alters Human Testicular Physiology To Produce A State Of Compensated Hypogonadism

Mito

Significance
Concern has been raised over declining male reproductive health in humans. Our study addresses this issue by extending data showing antiandrogen effects of analgesics and suggests that such compounds may be involved in adult male reproductive problems. Using a unique combination of a randomized, controlled clinical trial and ex vivo and in vitro approaches, we report a univocal depression of important aspects of testicular function, including testosterone production, after use of over-the-counter ibuprofen. The study shows that ibuprofen use results in selective transcriptional repression of endocrine cells in the human testis. This repression results in the elevation of the stimulatory pituitary hormones, resulting in a state of compensated hypogonadism, a disorder associated with adverse reproductive and physical health disorders.

Ibuprofen alters human testicular physiology to produce a state of compensated hypogonadism

opson123

Could explain why my libido is absolute zero. I usually take 400mg pill of ibuprofen every morning to ease my gut issues. Probably have for a year now. I can easily last 2 months nofap without any urges, no wet dreams either. My overall health situation ofc has a big impact, but the chronic ibuprofen use doesn't really help.

Douglas Ek

Could explain why my libido is absolute zero. I usually take 400mg pill of ibuprofen every morning to ease my gut issues. Probably have for a year now. I can easily last 2 months nofap without any urges, no wet dreams either. My overall health situation ofc has a big impact, but the chronic ibuprofen use doesn't really help.

You cant use aspirin?

A.R

I haven't tried it for a while, but when I did, it made my gut worse.
I'm sure if you search this forum you will find much better options! E.g. Antihistamines/isolated amino acids etc

opson123

I've tried many things, I live in a country where you can't get almost anythings without a prescription. I've gotten some stuff illegally.

A.R

I've tried many things, I live in a country where you can't get almost anythings without a prescription. I've gotten some stuff illegally.
What country do you live in?
Have you tried gelatin/glycine/BCAA's /consistent bone broth

opson123

Finland.

Yes I've tried those. Gelatin made me feel horrible, which I guess was undigested protein related. The BCAA combo from haidut's thread just made me feel off. It's the same kind of "off" feeling and gut issues as I get from magnesium, honey and coconut oil. Bone broth I'm not that sure, because I've only made it three times and it just didn't come out well. Too much effort and stress for no benefits as far I can tell. :/

milk_lover

Finland.

Yes I've tried those. Gelatin made me feel horrible, which I guess was undigested protein related. The BCAA combo from haidut's thread just made me feel off. It's the same kind of "off" feeling and gut issues as I get from magnesium, honey and coconut oil. Bone broth I'm not that sure, because I've only made it three times and it just didn't come out well. Too much effort and stress for no benefits as far I can tell. :/
Do you take vit D? I find that it makes my mood off and bloats me even when I apply it on the skin.

milk_lover

No, it does the same to me. Synthetic stuff generally make me feel bad.
Ok since aspirin is not that much tolerated in general, I would advise to take taurine or Red Bull with your food to solve your gut issues.

opson123

I've tried taurine, but not Red Bull. I'll buy some on my next shopping trip. Though it also has lots of synthetic stuff, citric acid too, which I know irritates my gut.

milk_lover

I've tried taurine, but not Red Bull. I'll buy some on my next shopping trip. Though it also has lots of synthetic stuff, citric acid too, which I know irritates my gut.
How did you feel about taurine? Did you take a small dose like 500mg? Larger dose could cause bloating.

Makrosky

There are a lot of natural herbs for dealing with stomach issues. One of them is chamomille.

opson123

Bloating, gut pain, it was pretty much like magnesium. I started with 1g spread out, but was just too much, dropped to 500mg, still too much. Going lower and didn't notice any benefits, even though the symptoms were milder and tolerable.

I'm beginning to think that all my issues are stress related. I'm in fight or flight mode pretty much 24/7, have been for 5 years. What is considered a panic attack in normal people is my baseline. So no matter how perfect my diet is, it won't help unless I can somehow get the parasymphatetic mode running.

I've tried different teas, but with no success.

opson123

One thing about my libido I find interesting is that even though it's zero from ibuprofen and/or other factors, I still get normal morning wood every morning and before I completely awake I actually feel pretty normal down there. After a minute or two when the daze wears off the libido also completely disappears. By daze, I mean that half asleep half awake state when you're waking up.

Gone Peating

I had a bad shoulder/neck injury and took ibuprofen daily for a year or two. This could explain why my T levels have been bad the past couple years. ****!

Kray

Significance
Concern has been raised over declining male reproductive health in humans. Our study addresses this issue by extending data showing antiandrogen effects of analgesics and suggests that such compounds may be involved in adult male reproductive problems. Using a unique combination of a randomized, controlled clinical trial and ex vivo and in vitro approaches, we report a univocal depression of important aspects of testicular function, including testosterone production, after use of over-the-counter ibuprofen. The study shows that ibuprofen use results in selective transcriptional repression of endocrine cells in the human testis. This repression results in the elevation of the stimulatory pituitary hormones, resulting in a state of compensated hypogonadism, a disorder associated with adverse reproductive and physical health disorders.

Ibuprofen alters human testicular physiology to produce a state of compensated hypogonadism
@Mito
Do you know if this condition in men is reversible, assuming infertility was caused by ibuprofen (over)use, and discontinuing use of same? I am asking for a friend who may have infertility issue, as of yet cause unclear.

Thank you-

OP
Mito

Mito

@Mito
Do you know if this condition in men is reversible, assuming infertility was caused by ibuprofen (over)use, and discontinuing use of same? I am asking for a friend who may have infertility issue, as of yet cause unclear.

Thank you-
It probably is reversible.

Georgi answers someone’s infertility question in this video at 1:15:01