I Am Noticing Benefits From Using Aspirin

stsfut

I am taking 162mg daily with breakfast. I am not diagnosed but I often feel like I fall in the ADD spectrum. This has improved my concentration and helped clear up brain fog. I also feel like I am not having blood sugar pits and valleys. Much less anxiety. I can talk to people without any issue, tripping over my words. Lastly, I feel more appetite with it.

It has been about 10 days.

Is it possible I am feeling these things thanks to its opposition to serotonin and anti-inflammation properties? I was honestly not expecting to feel any of these benefits so I don’t think it’s placebo. I started taking it to nurse a hangover while on a business trip after getting 3 hours of sleep (lol).

I guess I am especially interested in the serotonin aspect, as I have dabbled with taking cypro.

From a medical background, I am a 27 M with a history of endocrine issues. I take thyroid and am on TRT. I have low shbg and chronically high prolactin as a sidenote.

Frankdee20

Honestly, that dose is pretty low, except if you’re just starting. There’s some studies linking Aspirin to Dopamine protection. This may help with ADD. It is an acid though, and can elicit hunger via increased metabolism or just acid churning the stomach.

Frankdee20

I think it can act as a Thyroid surrogate but some studies link it to lower testosterone. I’m not sure if this was shown in humans or just rats

OP
S

stsfut

I am just starting. Yea, it is pretty low. Two baby aspirins. Figured I’d start low and increase if necessary. I just get this very calm, relaxed feeling. Being on TRT maybe that wouldn’t effect me so much? Although the fact that it does make men hypogonadal (potentially) worries me. Does it lower LH?

Frankdee20

I am just starting. Yea, it is pretty low. Two baby aspirins. Figured I’d start low and increase if necessary. I just get this very calm, relaxed feeling. Being on TRT maybe that wouldn’t effect me so much? Although the fact that it does make men hypogonadal (potentially) worries me. Does it lower LH?

There was a whole thread on this potential, but it’s really unclear. Sometimes it makes me feel hypogonadal. That can just be the anti stress response mellowing me out. I wish I knew honestly. I’ll tell ya, in the year apart I tested my T, I started using Aspirin and it was unchanged. 460 one year and 450 another year. I’ve always been low T, so Aspirin didn’t lower it more. The question is would it have been higher from not using it while taking other supps.

OP
S

stsfut

There was a whole thread on this potential, but it’s really unclear. Sometimes it makes me feel hypogonadal. That can just be the anti stress response mellowing me out. I wish I knew honestly. I’ll tell ya, in the year apart I tested my T, I started using Aspirin and it was unchanged. 460 one year and 450 another year. I’ve always been low T, so Aspirin didn’t lower it more. The question is would it have been higher from not using it while taking other supps.
Interesting...how much do you take? Daily? Your testosterone is not terrible. I would say nowadays that is actually very average (testosterone levels are lower than they were say 50 years ago). What is your shbg? That is what controls your free T. But with that said I do enjoy having testosterone in the mid 700’s. Mine was 200 at age 21.

Frankdee20

Interesting...how much do you take? Daily? Your testosterone is not terrible. I would say nowadays that is actually very average (testosterone levels are lower than they were say 50 years ago). What is your shbg? That is what controls your free T. But with that said I do enjoy having testosterone in the mid 700’s. Mine was 200 at age 21.

Lol, at 21 mine was 298, and these ***holes sent me home

Frankdee20

I took two months off Aspirin, I just resumed the last 3 weeks at 1 pill daily, sometimes 2, the standard dose pill that is.

OP
S

stsfut

Lol, at 21 mine was 298, and these ***holes sent me home
That’s low! How did you manage to increase it? Through Peat? Going back to original post, I am feeling less benefit from the daily 162mg aspirin. Still no negatives but just more subtle effects.

Frankdee20

That’s low! How did you manage to increase it? Through Peat? Going back to original post, I am feeling less benefit from the daily 162mg aspirin. Still no negatives but just more subtle effects.

I think I basically optimized my own baseline via supplements, which I wasn’t taking at that low stage

Frankdee20

I’m getting a little ear ringing from it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals