How To Transition Back After A Stress-heavy, Adrenaline/noradrenaline Dependent Week?

lvysaur

I just had an intense week of studying/working to meet deadlines, and all my usual hallmarks of stress showed up: hair falling out, acromegaly-like calcification along my skull, lactose intolerance, etc.

Now that I'm done, is there a quick way to transition back from adrenaline dependency to thyroid dependency?

Pointless

What helps for me is tons of sugar and making sure my insulin sensitivity is up with the right amounts of B vitamins. B1, B6, and B7/biotin can be critical. Also, topical magnesium seems to help. The supplements are secondary to sugar, though.

OP
lvysaur

lvysaur

What helps for me is tons of sugar and making sure my insulin sensitivity is up with the right amounts of B vitamins. B1, B6, and B7/biotin can be critical. Also, topical magnesium seems to help. The supplements are secondary to sugar, though.

I'll keep that in mind. Do you take K2 by any chance?

Pointless

Yeah, why do you ask? I didn't think of it as affecting adrenaline, but maybe it does.

Elephanto

acromegaly induces scalp calcification ? Ive searched in the past for pictures of acromegalic men and they all seemed to have a full head of hair.

I think just calming down will do your whole system a lot of good and let the thyroid function. Next time you have one of those weeks, fill up on glycine, taurine and zinc, you might be surprised at how much pressure you can handle without hitting adrenaline.

OP
lvysaur

lvysaur

acromegaly induces scalp calcification ?

I didn't say that, what I meant was that I get calcification along my jaw and back of my head that resembles acromegaly. The chin grows vertically, the head grows backwards.

Gelatin definitely helps, so that's probably the glycine. Have yet to try taurine.

lindsay

Pregnenolone is really amazing for getting through the stress, along with lots of sugar and coffee with cream. I've discovered this recently. I can live for a couple days off sugar and coffee and cream and some fruit and pregnenolone (with a bit of protein in the mix - which isn't always an option on busy days when I literally cannot cook and bring food with me). Then I need to rest and nourish myself afterwards. Like really good sleep. Let your body have some down time and feed it what it's craving afterwards. And get some fresh air :):

Elephanto

I didn't say that, what I meant was that I get calcification along my jaw and back of my head that resembles acromegaly. The chin grows vertically, the head grows backwards.

Gelatin definitely helps, so that's probably the glycine. Have yet to try taurine.

Zinc is also super protective against hair loss, especially that induced by stress. The cytokine il-6, increased by stress, is potently inhibited by zinc. Protects against estrogen, prolactin and cortisol. To be honest if I'd take only one supp, it would be zinc picolinate (about 75mg daily). On zinc I often feel like it's almost impossible to feel anxious. It was a game changer for me.

tara

It grows so fast you can tell in a week? Wow.

To be honest if I'd take only one supp, it would be zinc picolinate (about 75mg daily).
I think you mean 75mg zinc picolinate, not 75mg zinc from the picolinate, right? The latter would be a higher dose than Peat would recommend.

Now that I'm done, is there a quick way to transition back from adrenaline dependency to thyroid dependency?
If it were me, and the weather and all were right, I'd be heading for the beach. Sunshine, sea air, paddle or swim if warm enough, or at least walk barefoot on the wet sand, gaze at the far horizon, relaxed walk. Preferably with enjoyable company. Along with eating enough and sleeping and remembering to relax breathing, etc.

Frankdee20

Zinc is also super protective against hair loss, especially that induced by stress. The cytokine il-6, increased by stress, is potently inhibited by zinc. Protects against estrogen, prolactin and cortisol. To be honest if I'd take only one supp, it would be zinc picolinate (about 75mg daily). On zinc I often feel like it's almost impossible to feel anxious. It was a game changer for me.

When we take Zinc Picolinate, is that elemental or total zinc listed ? That's got to be elemental

Elephanto

When we take Zinc Picolinate, is that elemental or total zinc listed ? That's got to be elemental

Yes, elemental. 40-50mg does the job too. I ran into back issues from supplementing zinc for too long (months), which was quickly fixed by supplementation of copper and discontinuation of zinc. There should be a replenishment phase for a month or two, and then maintenance (5-10 mg a day, or simply from food), because the returns are diminishing and then you run into the issue of copper depletion which affects the bones and tissues. Nails are a good indicator of zinc status, when they have this thick white line at the top and they feel very solid, you're full of zinc. When ridges appear and the white disappears/yellows you're running low.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals