How To Take Taurine

adw

Forum Supporter
How to most on the forum supplement with Taurine?
Do you take it by itself ? with other Amino's at the same time ?
or
with other supplements or certain foods?

Jon

How to most on the forum supplement with Taurine?
Do you take it by itself ? with other Amino's at the same time ?
or
with other supplements or certain foods?

I don't really think there's a best way to take it but I guess it could depend on what sort of effect you're looking for from it.

For instance taking it with coffee might enhance transit activity being that coffee stimulates bile secretion, and gal bladder/colonic contractions. Since taurine increase bile synthesis this might work synergistically.

Or you could take it with fattier foods in your diet to perhaps better utilize cholesterols and triglycerides.

Some say it has a calming effect like Gelatin so perhaps taking the two together before bed could be a sleep aid.

Elephanto

With meals should be a good idea, based on this :
Taurine Dramatically Improves Protein Utilization From Food

As far as dosage, this has been found regarding anti-cancer effects of Taurine (significantly lower oncogenic biomarkers but also significantly higher excretion of bacteria, viruses, fungi, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals) :
The most effective dose for taurine was 175mg and it apparently it worked better than the 500mg dose. The optimal protocol for taurine was 175mg three times daily.

Jon

With meals should be a good idea, based on this :
Taurine Dramatically Improves Protein Utilization From Food

As far as dosage, this has been found regarding anti-cancer effects of Taurine (significantly lower oncogenic biomarkers but also significantly higher excretion of bacteria, viruses, fungi, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals) :

Wow! 175mg x 3?? That's nothing!

Taurine is more profound that I thought!

Side note, cottage and farmers cheese are very high in taurine.

Mossy

Wow! 175mg x 3?? That's nothing!

Taurine is more profound that I thought!

Side note, cottage and farmers cheese are very high in taurine.
Intersting. Maybe that is why I crave cottage cheese so much. As I’ve noted elsewhere, taurine is my most successful supplement—good to know another food source of it.

BigChad

Intersting. Maybe that is why I crave cottage cheese so much. As I’ve noted elsewhere, taurine is my most successful supplement—good to know another food source of it.
what brand of taurine do you use, and dosage?

Mossy

what brand of taurine do you use, and dosage?
I use BulkSupplements brand on a short-term, very occasional basis, low dose, 25mg-100mg. I can’t take any supplements long-term.

Grapelander

How many grams of sugar to take with Taurine?
The amount will vary from person to person depending on liver function.
Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context "Insulin release is also stimulated by amino acids such as leucine, and insulin stimulates cells to absorb amino acids and to synthesize proteins. Since insulin lowers blood sugar as it disposes of amino acids, eating a large amount of protein without carbohydrate can cause a sharp decrease in blood sugar. This leads to the release of adrenalin and cortisol, which raise the blood sugar. Adrenalin causes fatty acids to be drawn into the blood from fat stores, especially if the liver's glycogen stores are depleted, and cortisol causes tissue protein to be broken down into amino acids, some of which are used in place of carbohydrate. Unsaturated fatty acids, adrenaline, and cortisol cause insulin resistance."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals