How To Reverse Soft Tissue Calcification

x-ray peat

I never thought much of the water pH/mineralization debate until I found the work of L.C. Vincent cited in one of Ray Peat's articles. Are you familiar with it? Here's the relevant paper:

http://www.vieetaction.org/images/fougerousse/Presentation-BEV-anglais.pdf

It's quite elegant. Anyways, you will see from his reference table, where he compares the chemical properties of blood, urine, and saliva, that the electrical resistance of bodily fluids, and hence water, can vary dramatically. It's a function not just of dissolved minerals, but of total dissolved solids. He is saying that even municipal water supplies have dissolved solids in sufficient concentrations to cause disease. Not sure how it was in early 20ce Europe, but here in the United States, whenever I test a glass of tap water with my TDS meter, it usually contains somewhere between 50 and 300 parts per million of solids. By comparison, San Pellegrino is usually about 850. My well water growing up was somewhere in the middle, 500-600.
Thanks, very interesting paper. Ive gone back and forth on the importance of minerals in water. It's amazing how these scientists can have such strongly opposing views on something you'd think they would have figured out a long time ago.

Im curious if Ray also thinks that inorganic minerals in water are dangerous and unusable.

Last edited:

Ulysses

Another interesting thing to note, in connection with this, is that distilled water becomes acidic by accumulating CO2 from the air. So, if you buy RP's ideas on CO2, you suddenly realize that acidity in food and drink could be quite a good thing indeed.

x-ray peat

Another interesting thing to note, in connection with this, is that distilled water becomes acidic by accumulating CO2 from the air. So, if you buy RP's ideas on CO2, you suddenly realize that acidity in food and drink could be quite a good thing indeed.
I agree. Ray would probably approve of the added CO2.
In doing a little more digging I found a WHO article that makes me a bit wary of distilled water. I posted it to an existing thread on distilled water so I dont hijack this thread anymore. Distilled Water
Im curious what your take on it is.

OP
T

topdog82

So because mk4 in supplement form gives me issues I was thinking about going for natural k2 via emu oil.

Is this a possibility?

Does anyone have a proposal for a natural mk4 heavy source? emu oil can be supplemented with which makes it easy. It is also low in calcium unlike grass fed brie cheese etc.

thoughts?

mmb82

So because mk4 in supplement form gives me issues I was thinking about going for natural k2 via emu oil.

Is this a possibility?

Does anyone have a proposal for a natural mk4 heavy source? emu oil can be supplemented with which makes it easy. It is also low in calcium unlike grass fed brie cheese etc.

thoughts?

What mk4 supplements have you tried? Emu oil is a good source of mk4, but depending on how high of a dose you are looking to get, it can get very expensive. Here is an article and the updates to that article by Chris Masterjohn that talk all about vitamin K2 and give a ton of K2 supplement recommendations in case you are willing to try a different one. He also talks a bit about emu oil.

OP
T

topdog82

LOL that was actually the article that inspired me to look into it all. I think I will go with the brand he suggested and shoot for 20 mcg mk4 per day. The artificial mk4 supplements seem to give me side effects so that was my reasoning for natural sources. I checked the amazon reviews for high dose mk4 supplements and the reviews state pretty clearly that some people seem to be sensitive to it. It's not just me

My concern with the emu oil is the potential GI issues. also, does emu oil have vitamin A in it? I will have to look into both of these. Vitamin A caused the original issue so I wanna steer clear. but taurine worked wonders on my vitamin A toxicity so maybe I'll do 1 gram taurine and 5 capsules emu oil. 20 uq mk4 total per day. I am curious if it is an oil like olive oil. in which case drinking/eating tons of it would cause GI potentially

Let's see

Any thoughts welcome

Syncopated

You are mistaken thinking 10,000iu of vitamin a caused your problems. That is actually a low dose and vitamin a has no history of calcium problems.

OP
T

topdog82

i think because I am asian, I genetically may have genetic predisposition to not process retinol as well as others

additionally, I took taurine and felt a huge difference in a day so I don't see it as an extreme reaction

and I am going to start taking 50mcg of k2 mk4 form and up the dose. I took just 600mcg of it yesterday and I felt ill. I am going to start with 50mcg once in the morning then bump it up to twice daily then thrice

anyone have any clear numbers on ancestral mk4 intake? its hard to say but masterjohn's article gives the ball park of 200mcg while others say ancestral diets had as much as 500-1000mcg. I also get mixed numbers on the mk4 in chicken thighs, deer meat etc. based on the sources. its frustrating

Arrade

also curious what amounts you were taking of each.

as far as decalcification, Ive heard distilled water can pull out excess minerals but come to think about it, that doesnt make too much sense as water doesnt have a high mineral solubility to begin with. K2 and Magnesium sounds good. Serrapeptase has been used to reverse arterial plaque.
Nattokinase is better for arteries than Serra.
I want to try Serra, anecdotally I haven’t heard people feeling different

5000 iu Vit D
And 100 mcg Mk7 is being researched to reverse heart valve calcification

I would take 10,000 Vit D
And 300 mcg Mk7 at each meal

Arrade

Can you elaborate on what you mean here by "balanced", and why you think this?
I don’t think food will decaclfiy. There are specific vitamins and minerals that deal with calcium metabolism

Ron J

@Arrade
Just wondering if you've read what haidut wrote about Mk7. It seems to be the opposite of what it's commonly advertised.

Arrade

@Arrade
Just wondering if you've read what haidut wrote about Mk7. It seems to be the opposite of what it's commonly advertised.
I actually argue with Haidut.
There are several studies showing its effective at reversing atherosclerosis and continuous studies for the arteries and aortic valve

Just because they artificially raise the cost of Mk7 doesn’t mean it won’t work, the body of evidence I’ve read leads me to think for cardiovascular health it’s better than Mk4

Haidut also happens to sell mk4 only

Luckytype

He never got back to us. I don’t think he even knew what it meant. But it sounded absolutely brilliant

If I know him well enough to speculate until he replies its more than likely(and I agree fully) the salt and mineral balance combined with an appropriate blood sugar supply and utilization allows the body to "believe" it can maintain a better homestasis. Thus better cellular energy and greater inherent stability and then the tissue can and will remodel. Obviously depending on how much it has changed some outside mechanical influence of appropriate magnitude and frequency may or could be used

Arrade

If I know him well enough to speculate until he replies its more than likely(and I agree fully) the salt and mineral balance combined with an appropriate blood sugar supply and utilization allows the body to "believe" it can maintain a better homestasis. Thus better cellular energy and greater inherent stability and then the tissue can and will remodel. Obviously depending on how much it has changed some outside mechanical influence of appropriate magnitude and frequency may or could be used
I’ve never heard of people reversing atherosclerosis after any amount of time with just a healthy diet

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals