How To Make Hair Grow Back

Velve921

I have been following the below regimen for 9 months and hair is still receeding..anyone seen any results with specific remedies for baldness? Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Current Diet:

Thyroid - 2 grains of dessicated a day
Pregenenolone - 1-2 pinches a week
Progest e - rarily at all anymore
Niacinamide - 1000mg a day
Red Light Therapy - 60 minutes a day
Epsom salt baths - 2x a week - 5lbs each bath
20grams of amino acids mixed in with my shake during workout (milk, oj, gelatin, salt)
2 tbsp of baking soda a day..1 pre workout and 1 post workout

1/2 gallon of fat free milk a day
1 pint of ice cream a day
1/2 gallon of OJ a day
1 carrot a day
1 potato a day
35 grams of gelatin a day
2 eggs a day
1-2 oz of cheese a day
5oz of Liver once a week
5 oz of shrimp 2x a week
5oz of scallops once a week
8oz of pasteur raised pork a week
8oz of grassfed beef a week
8oz of chicken a week
1 oz of butter a day
Only using coconut oil when I cook now..no more tbsp
1 cantalope a week

johns74

If it's a calcification issue, maybe vitamin E and K2 will help.

Just a quick note on something: don't listen to the anti-potato nazis, unless you have an intolerance.

I noticed you do red light therapy. Member Peater I think does UV light therapy for vitamin D.

messtafarian

I actually bought a copy of Danny Roddy's Hair Like a Fox once because I thought seeing a diet laid out in a simple format would help me understand Peat Reality. What's on that protocol is a diet of eggs, cottage cheese, oysters, some beef ( I think) -- milk, coffee, OJ, gelatin and simple syrup. In addition he used aspirin and I think progesterone. So given your diet is super_Peat and so is his...maybe more sugar, less fat ( ex. ice cream), more glycine/collagen and aspirin?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I love potatoes!! I think 1 a day won't kill me...thanks for the support johns74!

What is a good vitamin k2 Peat source? Why UV light therapy? Thought UV is what we do not want from a light spectrum?

messtafarian...right now I'm only taking in 6 grams of polys a day (according to conometer.com)..I'm doing upto 550grams carbs a day..500g of sugar roughly..I use 600mg of aspirin sometimes for brain fog in the in mornings....I used Progest e for about 6 months to help with sleep...now I use occassionally (after a late night out usually)...if I go above 6 tbsp a day of gelatin I start having major loose stools. Not being combative just want to give you all my info. Any more thoughts? Has Danny Roddy actually seen regrowth? Does anyone by chance have Danny's contact info?

johns74

Thorne I think is the best vitamin K2. 5 mg a day I think is a good amount. The Thorne bottle would last 8 months using that amount.

Good vitamin E products are 4spectrum and Carlson E-Gems Plus. 100 mg daily is a good amount, but people who have depleted stores can use more. If you take too much you'll get some symptoms, such as unusual and excessive salt cravings.

The rationale for these two vitamins helping hair is that vitamin E improves circulation and vitamin K2 reverses arterial calcification in rats. One theory of hair loss is that it's caused by calcification.

johns74

If you have good vitamin D levels, you don't need UV lights. That's an alternative for people without sunlight who don't want to use supplements.

johns74

Vitamin E, all the high PUFA foods. Vitamin K2 beef liver, pancreas, tripe, tongue, dairy fat from grass fed animals.

I don't know whether the effect would be as strong from foods.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hmm interesting...I''m trying to avoid supplements as my metabolism normalizes. I'll consider the K2 over time. Have you met any people who started K2 and hair started growing back?

johns74

Such_Saturation said:
Try no potatoes. Just try.

Considering that it takes at least months to see results, and the likelihood that it won't have any effect, I suspect it will be a big waste of time, possibly counterproductive if he doesn't replace the nutrients of the potato in an optimal way.

fyo

This sounds really good. How do you feel and such?

Peat once mentioned a guy who fell into a fireplace, scorched his head, and then his hair started growing back.

There was also another guy somewhere writing about using ultraviolet/blue light to re-stimulate hairgrowth, as part of an overall dietary protocol as well.

Peat has also written how damage is the initial stimulus for repair. For example, puncturing a scar can serve as the initial stimulus for more full skin regeneration, so long as health is otherwise capable.

In other words, maybe the scalp needs some stimulating. Maybe try some vigorous massaging and rubbing baking soda into there.

loess

He has also mentioned topical use of caffeine, which could be dissolved in water or alcohol (probably much more soluble in alcohol). I imagine one would want to approach that with similar principles as you would approach coffee: carefully consider the dosage, the importance of ensuring adequate stores of glycogen before application, and appropriate nutrient intake to support the metabolic boost.

PeatMonster

My girlfriend commented the other day that my hair looks thicker. It's been receding for like 3 years. It wasn't my goal to regrow hair with this non-diet so I take it as a bonus. One thing I do is wear a warm hat when I'm studying (which is basically all the time) to help blood flow in my brain or some shenanigans. But your post made me wonder if that was related - just keeping the scalp warmer. Hypo people probably have colder domes whether there's hair insulating it or not. Other than that I also think I get a lot more calcium than you assuming you didn't leave out any supplements - I get something like 5-7 grams/day.

fyo

PeatMonster said:
My girlfriend commented the other day that my hair looks thicker. It's been receding for like 3 years. It wasn't my goal to regrow hair with this non-diet so I take it as a bonus. One thing I do is wear a warm hat when I'm studying (which is basically all the time) to help blood flow in my brain or some shenanigans. But your post made me wonder if that was related - just keeping the scalp warmer. Hypo people probably have colder domes whether there's hair insulating it or not. Other than that I also think I get a lot more calcium than you assuming you didn't leave out any supplements - I get something like 5-7 grams/day.
I forget where but Peat did mention wearing socks and keeping the head warm with a cap keeping the temperature up, improving cognition and mood, probably especially for hypothyroid people.

pboy said:
what is a potato Nazi? do they put potatoes in labor camps?

No, they eat their poor bodies after burning them. Potato Holocaust.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals