How Can I UNDERMETHYLATE Myself?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I have been playing around with excessive betaine (From beetroot powder), and I have other choline sources in my diet. Right now I display the exact symptoms of being overmethylated.

Is there a supplement/vitamin that is able to quickly reduce this overmethylation?

Thanks

High_Prob

I have been playing around with excessive betaine (From beetroot powder), and I have other choline sources in my diet. Right now I display the exact symptoms of being overmethylated.

Is there a supplement/vitamin that is able to quickly reduce this overmethylation?

Thanks

Niacinamide/Niacin

lampofred

Increase CO2 and make gelatin a major source of your daily protein (so you can avoid methionine, which is what donates the methyl groups to cause methylation).

ddjd

Thanks
Regular niacin

ddjd

I thought that the methyl groups were used when Niacin breaks down to Nicotinamide (Niacinamide) to create Methylnicotinamide so that it can then be excreted...
I've tried both. Only Niacin works

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Yeah, the Niacin has worked marvelously for me. I can now use the Beetroot Powder before my workout, without feeling highly anxious/overmethylated. I am also stacking it with L-histidine (200mg), and feeling super alert, but calm at the same time.

ddjd

Yeah, the Niacin has worked marvelously for me. I can now use the Beetroot Powder before my workout, without feeling highly anxious/overmethylated. I am also stacking it with L-histidine (200mg), and feeling super alert, but calm at the same time.
did you ever test niacinamide to reduce methylation?

zewe

Apparantly in another group someone posted saying Chris Masterjohn just did an article claiming Niacinamide also works. She didnt post a link though!

@Joeyd , Chris Masterjohn is comparatively new on the methylation bandwagon.

I think pioneers such as Dr. Lynch use niacin due to its quick effect. Which would be most welcomed when one is dealing with head & neck pain, intense anxiety and possible paranoia symptoms of overmethlyation.

The niacin flush [vasodilation] happens a few minutes after it's taken. Niacin increases blood flow, hence a rapid delivery of the desired effect.

Last edited:

ddjd

Thanks
out of interest why were you experimenting with betaine? and why beetroot powder and not TMG?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals