How Are You Using Health Natura Simply Progesterone?

livesimply

I've been using Progest-E on and off for a couple of years. Honestly, I don't remember starting out with high dosing the way it's recommended now at longnaturallhealth.com, and perhaps that's why I don't feel some really positive effects like others. Anyway, I just ordered 2 bottles of Simply Progesterone and am curious how people take it, transdermally or orally? Do you think it's as effective as Progest-E? According to the company it doesn't have to be refrigerated so I am hoping it's not so thick and will be easier to use. Thanks!

M

marikay

I've been using Progest-E on and off for a couple of years. Honestly, I don't remember starting out with high dosing the way it's recommended now at longnaturallhealth.com, and perhaps that's why I don't feel some really positive effects like others. Anyway, I just ordered 2 bottles of Simply Progesterone and am curious how people take it, transdermally or orally? Do you think it's as effective as Progest-E? According to the company it doesn't have to be refrigerated so I am hoping it's not so thick and will be easier to use. Thanks!

Hi. I use Simply Progesterone the same way I use ProgestE. Three drops twice a day twelve hours apart for two weeks and then two weeks off. ProgestE contains vitamin E and that is about the only difference I have noticed. You might want to use some vitamin E if you use the Simply Progesterone. Hope this helps.

OP
livesimply

livesimply

Hi. I use Simply Progesterone the same way I use ProgestE. Three drops twice a day twelve hours apart for two weeks and then two weeks off. ProgestE contains vitamin E and that is about the only difference I have noticed. You might want to use some vitamin E if you use the Simply Progesterone. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Do you use it on your gums/wrists, stomach or take orally?

Terma

I never used Progest-E but I keep stocked on HN progesterone because it's worked better than I expected. I put a few drops on my chest and rub it around with the back of my hand and it doesn't take long before it hits. I only use in the evening, never morning. I sometimes take a drop or two oral together with topical, but topical is nicer. 3-9mg (1-3 drops) topical should be enough to be noticeable, but I did up to 50mg topical on tough days and it knocks you out good.

OP
livesimply

livesimply

I never used Progest-E but I keep stocked on HN progesterone because it's worked better than I expected. I put a few drops on my chest and rub it around with the back of my hand and it doesn't take long before it hits. I only use in the evening, never morning. I sometimes take a drop or two oral together with topical, but topical is nicer. 3-9mg (1-3 drops) topical should be enough to be noticeable, but I did up to 50mg topical on tough days and it knocks you out good.
Thanks, that helps!

Stevie

I'm using Health Natura's Simply Progesterone and my bottle says it contains vitamin E oil.
I take it orally. I also I never started with the high doses at first, perhaps I should have.

BelovedGal

I bought Simply Progesterone Clear AND Simply Progesterone with the oil. I'm almost 66, female, 90lbs overweight and can't lose it (just some background). I've been using various progesterone creams since menopause in 2001 with varying successes. Anyway, this Progesterone Serum seemed better so I'm trying both. I began with one drop on the wrist, then one drop on each wrist and last night started one drop on each wrist and one drop inside my arm. (Not too many places on me without fat! Ha) Since I'm using the Clear first I wanted to just do it topically. I plan to use the one with oil orally.

Some questions:

Do I just keep adding doses until I get results or wait for days/weeks/months at one dosage before adding more? I have not felt any drowsiness from it and only use it at night. Since I have insomnia, I'd love to feel the drowsy! (I'm thinking since I'm such a 'big girl' perhaps I'll need bigger dosages? Is that a possibility?)

Also, when I start the oily serum do I put the drop(s) under the tongue or put the drop(s) onto the gums, then rub it in? Do I NEED to rub it into the gums or is that optionally? (My gums could sure use the help as my teeth are beginning to fall out too!) Can I use both types at the same time, i.e., the Clear topically and the oily orally?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this!

M

marikay

I bought Simply Progesterone Clear AND Simply Progesterone with the oil. I'm almost 66, female, 90lbs overweight and can't lose it (just some background). I've been using various progesterone creams since menopause in 2001 with varying successes. Anyway, this Progesterone Serum seemed better so I'm trying both. I began with one drop on the wrist, then one drop on each wrist and last night started one drop on each wrist and one drop inside my arm. (Not too many places on me without fat! Ha) Since I'm using the Clear first I wanted to just do it topically. I plan to use the one with oil orally.

Some questions:

Do I just keep adding doses until I get results or wait for days/weeks/months at one dosage before adding more? I have not felt any drowsiness from it and only use it at night. Since I have insomnia, I'd love to feel the drowsy! (I'm thinking since I'm such a 'big girl' perhaps I'll need bigger dosages? Is that a possibility?)

Also, when I start the oily serum do I put the drop(s) under the tongue or put the drop(s) onto the gums, then rub it in? Do I NEED to rub it into the gums or is that optionally? (My gums could sure use the help as my teeth are beginning to fall out too!) Can I use both types at the same time, i.e., the Clear topically and the oily orally?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this!

Hi.

I'm not sure that this will answer your questions, but here is how I use Simply Progesterone from Health Natura:

I'm using the type of Health Natura progesterone that has 3 mgs of progesterone per drop. I'm fairly sure it's mixed with MCT oil (not Vitamin E) but I can say for sure as the label on the bottle came off long ago.

I use two or three drops twice a day (12 hours apart) for two weeks and then take two weeks off. I've been doing this regimen for six years or so and have found it very useful for a variety of symptoms connected to menopause.

Occasionally, I will take three drops every ten minutes for relief from a specific symptom (like arthritis). But I haven't needed to do this in over four years, that's how much following Ray's suggestions has helped me.

I do not need progesterone for sleep. Salty OJ will put me to sleep very quickly if I need help in that area. I have suffered from GERD from time to time (which the OJ makes worse at night). But I solved that problem with a round of antibiotics which I was taking for another purpose. I understand activated charcoal can help as well. And the carrot salad (which I should take daily but don't for one reason or another) also helps with sleep and GERD.

In my experience the progesterone is only one part of the solution (albeit a very big one). Getting enough protein and doing the bag breathing and the carrot salad are the best way to solve most of the most vexing problems facing us as we age. Of course, these three things are the three things I let slide the most often. Go figure:)

Hope this helps a little.

M

BelovedGal

Thanks for responding, marikay. I haven't started it twice a day yet but I imagine I will soon enough. I'm now on four drops, one on each wrist and last night I did one on the top of each foot (seemed like a good non-fatty area to try!).

It's only been about three weeks since I started. Sleep has been better overall, but I'm also taking inositol at night too, which is also supposed to help with insomnia so I'm not sure what is helping, if either.

I am hoping this will help with many things sooner or later and I'm hoping it'll work better than those creams! Wish I could find more information. (Yes, I'm searching all over online reading articles, including here and Ray's page.) I'm not doing any diet changes because my diet's been fine tuned pretty well over the years, but I love learning more.

schultz

According to Ray, topical progesterone in vitamin e has about a 20% absorption rate when applied to the skin. He tells people to take it orally if they want to save money. I would recommend rubbing it into the gums.

I'm using the type of Health Natura progesterone that has 3 mgs of progesterone per drop. I'm fairly sure it's mixed with MCT oil (not Vitamin E) but I can say for sure as the label on the bottle came off long ago.

It has vitamin e in it as well as MCT.

This is from the site: Simply Progesterone serum

"Now only available in glass. A cleaner alternative to Progest E, Simply Progesterone is a very simple blend of 3 ingredients, progesterone (3 mg/drop), mixed tocopherols (from our Whole E product) and MCT oil."

M

marikay

According to Ray, topical progesterone in vitamin e has about a 20% absorption rate when applied to the skin. He tells people to take it orally if they want to save money. I would recommend rubbing it into the gums.

It has vitamin e in it as well as MCT.

This is from the site: Simply Progesterone serum

"Now only available in glass. A cleaner alternative to Progest E, Simply Progesterone is a very simple blend of 3 ingredients, progesterone (3 mg/drop), mixed tocopherols (from our Whole E product) and MCT oil."

Thanks but I bought mine before the new products were introduced, and mine came in a plastic bottle. It has lasted a very long time. It is clear with maybe a very slight yellow cast. Cheers. M

schultz

Thanks but I bought mine before the new products were introduced, and mine came in a plastic bottle. It has lasted a very long time. It is clear with maybe a very slight yellow cast. Cheers. M

Oh so they used to make it differently?

M

marikay

Oh so they used to make it differently?

I'm not entirely sure. I'm just reporting what I remember buying and what it looks like. Could be that it has always had vitamin E in it and I am just mistaken. But it definately is lighter than the ProgestE. It works though and I can recommend it as an alternative to ProfestE. It's cheaper. Or at least it was when I bought it. And it was called Simply Progesterone when I bought it.

BelovedGal

I'm wondering if using it daily, or twice a day, is accumulative over time like taking Vitamin D3? I guess I'm wondering if I'll be taking it for the rest of my life? I think the answer is "probably!" lol

M

marikay

I'm wondering if using it daily, or twice a day, is accumulative over time like taking Vitamin D3? I guess I'm wondering if I'll be taking it for the rest of my life? I think the answer is "probably!" lol

As I understand it, the progesterone stays in your system for 12 hours or so. And taking the progesterone will encourage your body to make some more of its own somehow (but I forget how). So you may not need to take it every day. I take it for two weeks and then take two weeks off to mimic the cycle of a younger woman who is not in menopause. ProgestE was the first Ray Peat type thing I did for myself. In fact, that is how I found Ray in the first place. I've never come across anything in Ray writing's or other posts anywhere to suggest that the is a cumulative or permanent effect though, so I am like to take progesterone for the rest of my life. I look at it now as part of my diet.

Arnold Grape

One drop of Progest-E here daily under the tongue and it catches up to me after a couple of weeks: fatigue, sweatiness, near-anesthesia variety effects. My anecdotal evidence points toward it building up in the system and might take a few days - at that dosage - to dissipate. It would be nice if there was clearer cut information regarding this, but it's probably all relative. (I cannot imagine taking some of the dosages people talk about here and being able to get out of bed and my diet is fairly high in calcium.)

Xisca

You get both routes when you take it orally! If you just keep it! I try to reach under my tongue with the dropper and make it go everywhere.
If needed, you do not have to stop, or 1 week is enough.
Mine is progest-e

BelovedGal

Ok, I'm almost out of the Simple Progesterone Clear and have not noticed anything definitive, at all. I did notice when I grabbed the Progesterone with the oil (accidentally), that the dropper drips! I couldn't even get it to my mouth. Makers of the product (Health Natura or something?) might look into fixing that issue.

Meanwhile, unless the oily one does something, I have to decide whether to keep on with these products or go back to the creams (they didn't do anything much either!). Wouldn't mind trying the Progest-E but a lot of the posts here complain about it being a pain to use ... too thick and needing refrigeration, etc.?