High Anxiety Out Of Nowhere

nostalgic

About a week ago I started getting anxiety and I've had it continuously since then. I feel very close to a panic attack constantly and I have no idea why. I don't have low serotonin so that's not a culprit. Any idea what could be causing this?

Since I don't have low serotonin, none of the cofactors should be responsible, right? Like the B vitamins etc. Very thankful for advice.

raypeatclips

How are you so certain about what your serotonin level is?

In my experience anxiety can be caused by many, many different things. Poor sleep, too much work, not enough light, not enough exercise, nutrient deficiencies, gut irritation, stressful work arrangements, beer, too much masturbation and probably many other things I'm missing result in me getting some sort of anxiety.

theLaw

Probably best to post a full Cronometer.com to give a better picture of your current situation.

Based on your past posts, you might be chasing ghosts. Without starting with the basics, your brain could just be running a con on you, trying to convince you that the problem is:

Seratonin
Iron
Prolactin
Tryptophan
Histamine
etc............

Basics:

Diet (Macros/Micros)
Thyroid
Antibiotics (carrot salad/AC/tetracycline/etc)

OP
N

nostalgic

How are you so certain about what your serotonin level is?

In my experience anxiety can be caused by many, many different things. Poor sleep, too much work, not enough light, not enough exercise, nutrient deficiencies, gut irritation, stressful work arrangements, beer, too much masturbation and probably many other things I'm missing result in me getting some sort of anxiety.
I've had serotonin syndrome and been sensitive to anything that raises serotonin ever since. I get minor symptoms again if I ingest something that raises it too much.

According to my chronometer I should get enough of all vitamins.

OP
N

nostalgic

Probably best to post a full Cronometer.com to give a better picture of your current situation.

Based on your past posts, you might be chasing ghosts. Without starting with the basics, your brain could just be running a con on you, trying to convince you that the problem is:

Seratonin
Iron
Prolactin
Tryptophan
Histamine
etc............

Basics:

Diet (Macros/Micros)
Thyroid
Antibiotics (carrot salad/AC/tetracycline/etc)
I'm gonna check my thyroid again tomorrow to rule it out, and my diet is fine according to my chronometer, and I eat a daily carrot salad.

Last edited:

theLaw

I'm gonna check my thyroid again tomorrow to rule it out, and my diet is fine according to my chronometer, and I eat a daily carrot salad.

Just a heads up man, refusing to post your diet doesn't inspire confidence in those who might want to help you as it looks like trolling behaviour, and might cause people to "ignore" your posts.

Imagine what chaos this forum would be if everyone just said "my diet is fine".:eek:o_O:banghead:

raypeatclips

Just a heads up man, refusing to post your diet doesn't inspire confidence in those who might want to help you as it looks like trolling behaviour, and might cause people to "ignore" your posts.

Imagine what chaos this forum would be if everyone just said "my diet is fine".:eek:o_O:banghead:

+1 People on the forum are becoming increasingly more technical about their health (looking for X supplement to lower/raise Y in the body) and resorting to supplements and pharmaceuticals at the expense of diet.

OP
N

nostalgic

Ok, sorry, here it is:

Milk
Orange juice
Basmati rice
Potatoes
Cheese
Butter
Mache salad
Salt with added iodine
Vitamin E supplement

According to the chronometer I get everything I need except for iron, only 35% each day. Should I take a supplement for it?

Aaron

If I were you, I'd add a carrot/fruit/leafy greens smoothie (or more of those foods), some gelatin, and in terms of supplements, magnesium, vitamin D3, and creatine. Also do some heavy lifting and handstand push-ups. I've found that when my facial skin and hands maintain a slight pinkish-golden glow, I feel healthier and more relaxed. That glow goes away when I'm not getting plenty of whole fruit and health tonic veg/herbs.

OP
N

nostalgic

If I were you, I'd add a carrot/fruit/leafy greens smoothie (or more of those foods), some gelatin, and in terms of supplements, magnesium, vitamin D3, and creatine. Also do some heavy lifting and handstand push-ups. I've found that when my facial skin and hands maintain a slight pinkish-golden glow, I feel healthier and more relaxed. That glow goes away when I'm not getting plenty of whole fruit and health tonic veg/herbs.
I'll add some fruits and veggies, but magnesium gives me an awfully low blood pressure and pulse I almost faint so I don't take any in supplement form. I make sure to get plenty of sun everyday and the milk in my country is fortified with vitamin D so I get plenty of it. Creatine? Could you please explain that choice? I do lift weights a few times a week to prevent headaches.

Cheers.

Vinero

Ok, sorry, here it is:

Milk
Orange juice
Basmati rice
Potatoes
Cheese
Butter
Mache salad
Salt with added iodine
Vitamin E supplement

According to the chronometer I get everything I need except for iron, only 35% each day. Should I take a supplement for it?
Iron is really bad, it feeds endotoxin and causes age spots. You need some iron but I wouldn't eat red meat daily for example. Your diet seems fine and provides the minimum amount of iron needed. Maybe some eggs here and there and some meat/fish once weekly will provide enough iron.

raypeatclips

Ok, sorry, here it is:

Milk
Orange juice
Basmati rice
Potatoes
Cheese
Butter
Mache salad
Salt with added iodine
Vitamin E supplement

So the only foods you have are rice, potatoes and cheese. The rest are drinks or "extras". That sounds a depressing diet. Try to eat something more fun and enjoyable, cook delicious meals. You should be excited about your next meal. I did a potato and cheese diet myself a while ago and it didn't work, mentally, emotionally or physically.

OP
N

nostalgic

So the only foods you have are rice, potatoes and cheese. The rest are drinks or "extras". That sounds a depressing diet. Try to eat something more fun and enjoyable, cook delicious meals. You should be excited about your next meal. I did a potato and cheese diet myself a while ago and it didn't work, mentally, emotionally or physically.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah the meals are not all that exciting, I'll spice it up a bit.

My thyroid is fine according to my doctor, but I had a low ferritin level - 21mcg (range 20-375). Dunno if it could cause my issues though.

ddjd

Pregnenolone and progesterone solved all my anxiety issues.

Progest-e and life extensions 100mg

EIRE24

Iron is really bad, it feeds endotoxin and causes age spots. You need some iron but I wouldn't eat red meat daily for example. Your diet seems fine and provides the minimum amount of iron needed. Maybe some eggs here and there and some meat/fish once weekly will provide enough iron.
Red meat daily is fine. Drink coffee with it. It's stupid statements like this that make people neurotic about food.

OP
N

nostalgic

Red meat daily is fine. Drink coffee with it. It's stupid statements like this that make people neurotic about food.
I've added some black pudding to get some iron, and it made me feel good so I was obviously deficient in it. Time will tell if it helps with my anxiety.

Vinero

Coffee only inhibits non-heme iron absorption, not the heme-iron in meat.
You need calcium to inhibit heme iron. So a glass of milk or serving of cheese with the red meat.
Also, after a period of a few months eating beef daily, I got little "age spots" or lipofuscin on my face and body.
This was a few years ago and I have partly reversed the age spots by lowering my iron intake and supplementing vitamin E.

Vinero

Also you should be neurotic about certain things like PUFA and Iron.
Ray has repeatedly written how damaging these things are and contribute to chronic diseases and are best kept to a minimum.