Help With Blood Work

Am attaching my lab results.

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts. A doctor said they looked fine but wanted to get your opinion.

Parathyroid Hormone was 36 pg/mL with a reference range of 14 - 64 pg/mL

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.55.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.55.41 AM.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 15

CaliforniaKat

Hi,

I am new here too, so can't speak to everything. Reverse T3 seem awful high. Do you have symptoms of low thyroid-cold hands/feet, edema, thinning or brittle hair, etc? Did you have Free T3 run as well? Are you taking thyroid meds at this time? Do you track morning or daytime temps?

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Hi,

I am new here too, so can't speak to everything. Reverse T3 seem awful high. Do you have symptoms of low thyroid-cold hands/feet, edema, thinning or brittle hair, etc? Did you have Free T3 run as well? Are you taking thyroid meds at this time? Do you track morning or daytime temps?

Yeah dry thinning hair and brittle toenails are killing me. I started taking thyroid per some of the recommendations (danny roddy's site). If anything, I feel a nootropic effect from the meds (a lot more sharp on my feet, higher energy) but I definitely don't like the hair loss.

CaliforniaKat

Higher energy is good.

What kind of thyroid sup are you taking-t4 or t3 or NT? How much and when/how often?

The hair and nails could be related to Reverse T3, but could be related to other things too. It is your body's way of down-regulating metabolism (other folks can probably speak to this much more scientifically and thoroughly). Did you have salivary cortisol tested? High or low cortisol can also negatively impact thyroid function.