rw39

Does anyone know of a good Supplement for Muscle Gain that does NOT cause:

Hairloss
Acne
Bloated Face
Suppress T

Androsterone messes with my hairline
Creatine causes acne and messes with hairline, as well as bloats face
SARMS suppress Testosterone, otherwise I would take it. And for whatever reason, SARMS cause me to bloat in my face which is not supposed to happen.
HGH obviously a no no.

Anyone know of anything? I take 5mg's of K, calcium, A, E, D, taurine, zinc.

Hans

Forum Supporter
First off you need a good diet. Enough protein and fats and high carbs. Food should be from whole foods preferably. You'll have to eat a good diet consistently for about a month to adapt and improve and then you can consider supplements. If your diet is on point you can make gains supplements can't give you.

Just because you are getting hair loss from creatine indicates that your metabolism and hormones ain't optimal.

Supplements that can help you adapt to your diet and improve the metabolism is B-vits, especially B1, B2 and B3 and also glycine.

Risingfire

I somehow doubt creatine is causing hair loss and bloating. The best way to build muscle is to eat beef

ShotTrue

First off you need a good diet. Enough protein and fats and high carbs. Food should be from whole foods preferably. You'll have to eat a good diet consistently for about a month to adapt and improve and then you can consider supplements. If your diet is on point you can make gains supplements can't give you.

Just because you are getting hair loss from creatine indicates that your metabolism and hormones ain't optimal.

Supplements that can help you adapt to your diet and improve the metabolism is B-vits, especially B1, B2 and B3 and also glycine.
I agree, creatine simply increases DHT but something is wrong if DHT is causing inflammation in the scalp. IF you're healthy creatine wouldn't make hairloss worse
Or it's the phosopruous aspect of creatine but still something is off
Creatine does add water retention but that's part of its anabolic action

ShotTrue

You need to take magnesium with the other vitamins.
Why is HGH a no-no?
Also it may help to run a test/dht panel and a stress hormone panel

redsun

Does anyone know of a good Supplement for Muscle Gain that does NOT cause:

Hairloss
Acne
Bloated Face
Suppress T

Androsterone messes with my hairline
Creatine causes acne and messes with hairline, as well as bloats face
SARMS suppress Testosterone, otherwise I would take it. And for whatever reason, SARMS cause me to bloat in my face which is not supposed to happen.
HGH obviously a no no.

Anyone know of anything? I take 5mg's of K, calcium, A, E, D, taurine, zinc.

Im surprised you have a bad experience with creatine of all things. That is the most popular and recommended supplement for bodybuilders, raises DHT quite well. Of course artificial hormones to build muscle is not a good idea and explains your bad side effects. You're asking for a supplement that would increase muscle building without side effects. Such a thing does not exist. Closest thing would be creatine, but you even have side effects with creatine.

If you want a muscle building approach that maximizes growth with out the side effects of supplements consider beef as your sole protein source and high glycemic index easily digestible carbs like rice to fuel muscles with glucose and increase insulin and therefore IGF-1 and androgens, anabolic hormones, etc. Decent nutrition will get you incredibly far if you are putting in the work.

Im not sure how big you could want to get unless your a competing bodybuilder. If you are already built to your genetic limit you will need to rely on external hormones to push even farther. If you are far from that limit, there's no sense in any pill, you need the fundamentals in diet which is good protein source(red meat over white meat) and high glucose foods(for insulin anabolism, think rice/starches) and good overall micronutrient intake and the muscle will pack on fast.

To answer your original question if you are really adamant for an anabolic supplement, consider NDT(natural dessicated thyroid) or ashwaganda(supposed to be pretty anabolic).

Luckytype

I agree, creatine simply increases DHT but something is wrong if DHT is causing inflammation in the scalp. IF you're healthy creatine wouldn't make hairloss worse
Or it's the phosopruous aspect of creatine but still something is off
Creatine does add water retention but that's part of its anabolic action

Im surprised you have a bad experience with creatine of all things. That is the most popular and recommended supplement for bodybuilders, raises DHT quite well. Of course artificial hormones to build muscle is not a good idea and explains your bad side effects. You're asking for a supplement that would increase muscle building without side effects. Such a thing does not exist. Closest thing would be creatine, but you even have side effects with creatine.

If you want a muscle building approach that maximizes growth with out the side effects of supplements consider beef as your sole protein source and high glycemic index easily digestible carbs like rice to fuel muscles with glucose and increase insulin and therefore IGF-1 and androgens, anabolic hormones, etc. Decent nutrition will get you incredibly far if you are putting in the work.

Im not sure how big you could want to get unless your a competing bodybuilder. If you are already built to your genetic limit you will need to rely on external hormones to push even farther. If you are far from that limit, there's no sense in any pill, you need the fundamentals in diet which is good protein source(red meat over white meat) and high glucose foods(for insulin anabolism, think rice/starches) and good overall micronutrient intake and the muscle will pack on fast.

To answer your original question if you are really adamant for an anabolic supplement, consider NDT(natural dessicated thyroid) or ashwaganda(supposed to be pretty anabolic).

No. No. No.

No. Creatine for the quadrillionth time does not increase DHT.

It increases work capacity with illicits a greater response but untrained/nontraining people taking creatine do not increase their DHT. Please for the love of this forum do not reference a study in response to this that doesnt have a control group of non training people taking this.

I somehow doubt creatine is causing hair loss and bloating. The best way to build muscle is to eat beef
Beef really is very anabolic. I don't even exercise very intensely and my arms and legs are pretty muscular.

LiveWire

Beef really is very anabolic. I don't even exercise very intensely and my arms and legs are pretty muscular.

They don’t say beefed up for nothing.

Never heard anyone saying they’re porked up or chickened up.

What more proof does one need?

They don’t say beefed up for nothing.

Never heard anyone saying they’re porked up or chickened up.

What more proof does one need?
Haha, yup, that's more than enough evidence.

LiveWire

No. No. No.

It increases work capacity with illicits a greater response but untrained/nontraining people taking creatine do not increase their DHT. Please for the love of this forum do not reference a study in response to this that doesnt have a control group of non training people taking this.

So what you’re saying, if I read you correctly, and I believe I do, is that creatine increases DHT...hmm interesting

ShotTrue

No. No. No.

There is actually several studies saying it increases DHT. Regardless, it doesn’t matter since everyone who takes it exercises thus increased DHt

ShotTrue

No. No. No.

Do you have a control study where untrained people used creatine and had no effects? Or is this just your assumption

Luckytype

There is actually several studies saying it increases DHT. Regardless, it doesn’t matter since everyone who takes it exercises thus increased DHt

Can you post one with significant resukts? I have absolutely no problem changing my mind. The point of studies is to reference against a control to isolate out thinfa.

If you know the pattern the forum theres a ton mass following when someone posts "X does this" then its the flavor thats replicated. If you scroll and read youll see a lot of people ultra focused on X with the expectation that it absolutely without a doubt will do what it says

ShotTrue

Can you post one with significant resukts? I have absolutely no problem changing my mind. The point of studies is to reference against a control to isolate out thinfa.

If you know the pattern the forum theres a ton mass following when someone posts "X does this" then its the flavor thats replicated. If you scroll and read youll see a lot of people ultra focused on X with the expectation that it absolutely without a doubt will do what it says
There are multiple studies done where people trained with and without creatine and those with creatine had an increase in DHT. I don't think I've ever met someone who took creatine without training, and like I said I haven't seen anything disproving it raising DHT without congruent training

redsun

No. No. No.

So because the study for creatine increasing DHT uses only rugby players and not sedentary men then you are assuming it only works for trained athlete-level men. I see your point but many men already exercise regularly to begin with and have been doing so for awhile.

Of course there could be no increase in DHT in sedentary men since no study has proven it specifically but to say it does not increase DHT outright in sedentary men just because the study did not specifically test that is not convincing either. It does use human men, college-aged, we arent talking about rats here. Creatine supplementation probably does not decrease DHT in nontrained men. There would not likely be such a profound difference between trained and nontrained to the point where a rugby player would see an increase and a sedentary man would see a decrease.

ShotTrue

I can't find it right now but I know a previous user listed multiple studies, like swimmers taking creatine for a year, and studies done of people doing weight training (not the rugby player one) and compared to a placebo group the creatine group had increased DHT

ShotTrue

So because the study for creatine increasing DHT uses only rugby players and not sedentary men then you are assuming it only works for trained athlete-level men. I see your point but many men already exercise regularly to begin with and have been doing so for awhile.

Of course there could be no increase in DHT in sedentary men since no study has proven it specifically but to say it does not increase DHT outright in sedentary men just because the study did not specifically test that is not convincing either. It does use human men, college-aged, we arent talking about rats here. Creatine supplementation probably does not decrease DHT in nontrained men. There would not likely be such a profound difference between trained and nontrained to the point where a rugby player would see an increase and a sedentary man would see a decrease.
There is literally a study done with non-athletes that did exercise with/without creatine and the creatine group had higher measured levels of DHT.