Wagner83

I think as others have suggested, people should know what they are getting, I'd say even adding camphor should be known beforehand.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think as others have suggested, people should know what they are getting, I'd say even adding camphor should be known beforehand.

We do update the threads and the label. The Gonadin thread is updated. I can't announce every change we make, it would turn into chaos. And some of the additions are experimental. If people do not like it, we revert to the original formula. Announcing every such temporary change would turn into chaos as everybody will have a different idea of what is in the product.
If the change if significant, like a change in solvent that affects all products then I agree that it should be announced. But changing temporarily one ingredient among 5 others in a single product probably does not call for a public announcement.

Douglas Ek

We do update the threads and the label. The Gonadin thread is updated. I can't announce every change we make, it would turn into chaos. And some of the additions are experimental. If people do not like it, we revert to the original formula. Announcing every such temporary change would turn into chaos as everybody will have a different idea of what is in the product.
If the change if significant, like a change in solvent that affects all products then I agree that it should be announced. But changing temporarily one ingredient among 5 others in a single product probably does not call for a public announcement.

Why is camphor added?
NEVERMIND found out the answer

Last edited:

Wagner83

Given the reaction of the customers I had not understood you had changed the labels and OP, so my bad for that. I'd expect very few customers to check the OP once they bought the formulation once, which is what happened to this member, and the picture on your website is with squalene, which may be confusing. Changing an ingredient with an other one is a big change imo. Perhaps it would be easy to add a message upon check-out? Something written in the cart?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Given the reaction of the customers I had not understood you had changed the labels and OP, so my bad for that. However I see the picture on your website is with squalene, this is confusing, I'd expect very few customers to check the OP once they bought the formulation once, which is what happened to this member. Changing an ingredient with an other one is a big change imo. Perhaps there could be a message popping up upon check-out? Or something similar to the solvent selection?

Fair enough, we will change the pictures on the website. But since 7-keto cholesterol is probably not going to stay beyound the current batch I will just update it with the new ingredient, which will be a type of SFA.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why is camphor added?
NEVERMIND found out the answer

It is not in Gonadin, only in the steroid products and the last batch of Kuinone. But going forward it will only be added to Pansterone, androsterone, and maybe StressNon. A few women commented that they cannot tolerate camphor so we cannot add it to Progestene and CortiNon, which women seem to favor more.

Douglas Ek

At least for me but I think I can speak for most of your customers is that my intention was not to complain. My intention is to help improve and inform my opinion as a customer. I really like you're products and I put a lot of trust in your brand. It's a great thing. It only means you really have set the bar high. Your products and your brand are at the top. But just as with 7-ketocholesterol or maybe camphor. If something is added without an explanation people will wonder and ask. If you make the changes clear as to why they happen you would never get questions in the first place. Transparency makes for a good relationship. Even if money is not the reason why you are doing this we want your products and you want our money to fund what you do and your research and the things you believe in. And we believe in you and have the same views as well that's why we're here buying your stuff. We're more like investors and partners than customers

ddjd

People have reported inhibiting NO too much (e.g. with niacinamide) led to less inflated erections so perhaps it could be an other issue, however I'm not sure if muscles would be pumped.
Do you think gonadin might be antagonising nitric oxide?

ddjd

I took 10 drops and my penis went into hiding for a few days. Could be that it converted to estrogen^ or raised progesterone too high
I seriously wonder if this temporary penis shrinking effect is related to a reduction in Nitric Oxide. I had the exact same thing happened to me.

I've noticed things that increase nitric oxide tend to increase flaccid penis size, which makes sense because they increase blood flow etc.

Another thing I've noticed from Gonadin is an insomnia effect. And I generally get this from everything that reduces nitric oxide- Methylene blue, coffee, niacinamide etc. etc.

If it is reducing nitric oxide I think that's another very good thing about gonadin!!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
At least for me but I think I can speak for most of your customers is that my intention was not to complain. My intention is to help improve and inform my opinion as a customer. I really like you're products and I put a lot of trust in your brand. It's a great thing. It only means you really have set the bar high. Your products and your brand are at the top. But just as with 7-ketocholesterol or maybe camphor. If something is added without an explanation people will wonder and ask. If you make the changes clear as to why they happen you would never get questions in the first place. Transparency makes for a good relationship. Even if money is not the reason why you are doing this we want your products and you want our money to fund what you do and your research and the things you believe in. And we believe in you and have the same views as well that's why we're here buying your stuff. We're more like investors and partners than customers

Thanks for the nice words! As I mentioned to Wagner as well in the response above - fair points. We will be changing the picture to reflect the current ingredients.

Wagner83

Fair enough, we will change the pictures on the website. But since 7-keto cholesterol is probably not going to stay beyound the current batch I will just update it with the new ingredient, which will be a type of SFA.
Thanks. Any news on a more potent SFA to enhance absorption? You had talked about potential new ideas in the dmso poll.
Do you think gonadin might be antagonising nitric oxide?
I know as much as you. I don't know the guy you quoted.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Any news on a more potent SFA to enhance absorption? You had talked about potential new ideas in the dmso poll.

I know as much as you. I don't know the guy you quoted.

There is a potential new additive that we are testing right now. Studies show greatly enhanced absorption. The ingredient is ethyl acetate, which is just a combination of ethanol and acetate. It smells like pears and a bit like acetone so it may spook people, but it is pretty safe.
Ethyl acetate - Wikipedia

jaakkima

Wondering why no more squalene. Just acne? With a mixed product like this it's hard to identify what's having what effect, but I can say that it's one of the most powerfully helpful supplements I've ever personally used (with squalene). I hope the new version is as effective when I repurchase. :)

vulture

Wondering why no more squalene. Just acne? With a mixed product like this it's hard to identify what's having what effect, but I can say that it's one of the most powerfully helpful supplements I've ever personally used (with squalene). I hope the new version is as effective when I repurchase. :)
Could you review it? dosage? effects? thanks

jaakkima

Could you review it? dosage? effects? thanks
Haven't used it a lot yet, but just a drop or two immediately makes me more smiley, flexible, clear in gut. Must be powerfully opposing estrogen. Feels like it affects me more than progesterone, personally. Changing many things right now but I plan to be using, experimenting with it for a while.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Yes, mostly the acne. But no worries, based on reports we have been getting so far the pentadecanoic acid had even better effects (and without the acne) :): The rate-limiting step in steroid synthesis is the transport of cholesterol into the mitochondria (StAR) and the side cleavage. The phytol helps with StAR but the cleavage depends vitally on ATP. Steroid synthesis is a very ATP-intensive process and this largely explains the decline in steroid synthesis with age as ATP levels decline. The pentadecanoic acid is apparently really good at raising ATP in the cell, and it is just another SFA with no known risks, so that's why we put it there instead of the the squalene. I will update the thread next week with the info on pentadecanoic acid.

Owen B

I looked over some of my old posts on this thread and I don't know why I stopped with this stuff.

As a option for people who can't get something like T in the system, it's great. But i don't think it has an action like T; it only feels like it. But that's not bad in itself. I feel great on it. I feel much stronger and conscious and capable on it. And it seems pretty low maintenance. I wonder what androgens it's increasing if it's not increasing T.

I'm going to try a few drops of pregnenolone with it.

My only concern is that it makes my heart pound. 3-4 drops a day and my heart is still pounding at 12 PM. If I take it two days in a row, my heart is still pounding the next AM. But this is one of the best supps I've tried.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I looked over some of my old posts on this thread and I don't know why I stopped with this stuff.

As a option for people who can't get something like T in the system, it's great. But i don't think it has an action like T; it only feels like it. But that's not bad in itself. I feel great on it. I feel much stronger and conscious and capable on it. And it seems pretty low maintenance. I wonder what androgens it's increasing if it's not increasing T.

I'm going to try a few drops of pregnenolone with it.

My only concern is that it makes my heart pound. 3-4 drops a day and my heart is still pounding at 12 PM. If I take it two days in a row, my heart is still pounding the next AM. But this is one of the best supps I've tried.

Excellent feedback, thanks! I think it may be increasing DHEA and the studies show it increases progesterone. The progesterone can certainly cause the strong heart beats. Also there are studies showing phytol lowers FFA and FAS, so it probably improves metabolism and that may also contribute to the strong heart beat.

ddjd

my gonadin is about 14 months old now. i dosed some today and barely noticed any of the effects i used to feel from it. is it possible that the product degrades?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals