Ginseng - Any Users Here At RP& Why?

DMF

It has a most profound effect - when used properly, wisely. For me, an open water swimmer in Lake Michigan when the water gets around 63 and below. Like it's putting "fire in my belly" I'm able to feel the cold, but can withstand it for indescribable reasons. Without it, my limbs become numb, stiff and I have to curtail my 3/4 mile swim to half.

CoolTweetPete

Dr. Peat has spoken favorably about ginseng on his monthly KMUD interviews.

I'm sure context matters.

Adaptogen - Wikipedia

paymanz

I like it for both mental and physical energy it gives to me.it improves dhea-s to cortisol ratio according to studies too.

Makrosky

I never liked it.

Speaking about adaptogens, I prefer much more : Rhodiola Rosae, Eleutherococus Senticosus and Schizandra Chinensis

I find them much easier to use than Ginseng.

Waynish

Very interesting... Especially the aged stuff that's like $100! I haven't tested it yet, but I'll have to bite the bullet and buy some someday!

OP
D

DMF

You have to be carefull with ginseng - just because it's "natural" doesn't mean it can't affect one unfavorably.
It has a way of making one "more than they are" - whatever condition they might be in. If you're having anxiety, and you take ginseng, it will give power to that anxiety - make it worse. If you take it while having the flu - it'll make you(it) worse.
If you're an athlete running (sweating) everyday, it can help to improve your running - endurance/stamina. Also, you might sweat more than usual.
It's GREAT for swimming as I've described.

TibRex

Chinese ginseng can spike your BP and can cause headaches, so beware. American ginseng is "cooler" in nature and not so extreme. Ginseng is generally for old folks and younger folks should stay clear of it unless they are very weak, sluggish, debilitated or lacking in energy.

DHT

Chinese ginseng can spike your BP and can cause headaches, so beware. American ginseng is "cooler" in nature and not so extreme. Ginseng is generally for old folks and younger folks should stay clear of it unless they are very weak, sluggish, debilitated or lacking in energy.
wtf re you talking about ... If there is one herb supplement which i ve felt a improvement which is worth to mention then its 6 year old red korean ginseng. This stuff has such an epic influence on me. Its even better stronger than coffe. It supresses so well your cortisol, it improves your digestion and the best of it its ****** amazing bloodflow which is unbelieveable. Also its improves your liver function or saves your lifer from free radicial or toxins. But you need ginseng with good quality a la 55+ euro for 3 months or less.
In my opinion it boosted my metabolisim so hard also i think it increased my thyroid size. I used to take ginseng 2 years best supplement i had in my life. I just got yesterday new 3 month charge haha.

Greg says

...in Mind and Tissue he says... 'increased resistance of cells and organisms to stress, can be achieved with eleutherococcus'. He also says the same about regular ginseng.

Quality

Asian/panax ginseng has a strong dose dependent relationship, also the ginsenosides undergo alot of structural transformations by gut bacteria and infact some ginsenosides are only formed after they are digest/converted, they also seem to be very active at very low doses.

With regards to spiking blood pressure, there was a study out there that panax ginseng only had the potential to raise BP at the lowest doses, where the medium and higher doses actually reduced BP, this has also been my experience, it has definatly a nitric oxide boosting aswell as mood boosting/anti-depressant effect without being dulling.

Quality

wtf re you talking about ... If there is one herb supplement which i ve felt a improvement which is worth to mention then its 6 year old red korean ginseng. This stuff has such an epic influence on me. Its even better stronger than coffe. It supresses so well your cortisol, it improves your digestion and the best of it its ****** amazing bloodflow which is unbelieveable. Also its improves your liver function or saves your lifer from free radicial or toxins. But you need ginseng with good quality a la 55+ euro for 3 months or less.
In my opinion it boosted my metabolisim so hard also i think it increased my thyroid size. I used to take ginseng 2 years best supplement i had in my life. I just got yesterday new 3 month charge haha.

Agreed it has a very healthy feeling to it aswell as mood boosting.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I abused Ginseng when I was younger. From the ages of 19-21.

I was literally always warm, energetic, but anxious.

I do recall being stimulated, and had good energy to run hard on the beach.

I wonder if it contributed to my epic metabolic rate I have nowadays.

Jing

I ordered some ginseng recently, arrived today, it's a very sticky substance that needs to be dissolved in water I thought it was powder when I order it lol, but I'll see how it goes for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom