General Orange's - Decalcification Method

OP
General Orange
No problem
Liver + Calcium = Reduced heme-iron absorption
Calcium also had a direct dose-related inhibiting effect on iron absorption, noted by adding calcium to the rolls after they had been baked instead of to the dough. Iron absorption was reduced by 50-60% at doses of 300-600 mg Ca. Giving 165 mg Ca as milk, cheese, or calcium chloride reduced absorption by 50-60%. The same amount of calcium also significantly reduced heme-iron absorption, suggesting that the effect of calcium is related to the mucosal transfer of iron.
Calcium: effect of different amounts on nonheme- and heme-iron absorption in humans. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
General Orange
The following are the vitamin A/K ratio of some foods. Cron-o-meter must be worried for me because today that's all I ate.

bC/K1:
0008:1 - Broccolo
0010:1 - Kale
0013:1 - Turnip greens
0014:1 - Spinach

Rn/K2:
0020:1 - Eggs
0039:1 - Butter
9500:1 - Liver

These ratios vary, but the point is that supplementing K2 when there isn't enough vitamin A can be unusual for the body. 1 mg of MK-4 would require 65000 IU of retinol daily (egg ratio), which is brutal.
That analogy is not correct, and the dosage ration is neither. You can't compare the bioactivity of MK-4 with mk-7 for mk4 needs much higher quantity 1000x to be effective.
tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php

OP
General Orange
MK-4 is small molecular weight below 500 dalton, so can penetrate the skin barrier, and is preferred to apply topically and it accumulates in tissue.
MK-7 is to big and is more effective orally with his long half-life of days in contrast to MK-4 of hours.

Amazoniac

That analogy is not correct, and the dosage ration is neither. You can't compare the bioactivity of MK-4 with mk-7 for mk4 needs much higher quantity 1000x to be effective.
tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php
Repeating myself again: I was just exemplifying that if you were to get that amount of MK-4 from animal foods, it would require that much vitamin A to keep on natural proportions, therefore it is an unusual situation for the body to get a lot of K with barely any A.

Where there was a comparison between MK-4 and MK-7? Effective for what?

olive

Can you expand on the reasons for L-citruline? I'm having trouble justifying using it as it's a precuror for aginine and increases nitric oxide.

OP
General Orange
Can you expand on the reasons for L-citruline? I'm having trouble justifying using it as it's a precuror for aginine and increases nitric oxide.
L-citruline taken with food inhibits the uptake of the amino acid L-arginine (and l-glutamine) which could be useful to reduce Nitric Oxides. On the other hand taken in isolation it supports the Urea - Nitric Oxide cycle and thereby the cardiovascular system in addition helping to get rid of ammonia but only increasing NO by a marginally 6 %. Also supporting the kreb's cycle with effect of increased use of Growth hormone and less waste of ATP and CO2 especially in combination with exercise and the citruline-malate form and so speeding up repair of tissue.

OP
General Orange
D

Deleted member 5487

All you need is some sulfur veggies and Taurine.

CastorTroy

Do you recommend a good K2 product with proper mk4 and mk7 ratio? At HealthNatura they used to have a perfect product with 10% mk7, where you got 200mcg mk7 with two drops. Sadly they decided to go on cheap and there's no more original TrueK2 anymore, now the new product just have 11mcg per drop, which is ridiculous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom