Gelatin Needs To Be Used As Religiously As Sugar

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

Prosper

If I remember correctly, the heavy metals accumulate in the bone marrow.
Now that I think of it, it was not heavy metals but iron that was supposedly abundant in the skin gelatin is made of. Anyone got more info about this?

Andman

there was a thread a while ago where someone posted heavy metal content of great lakes if i remember correctly

Elize

Gelatin and glycine make me irritable. Any solutions?
I have the same issues with gelatin. Think it is high in histamine and I have low cortisol. Get bad. headache and a . coated tongue from it.

Elize

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

@Amarsh213 : can you describe how you prepare it and use it? You've said with meals, but also after workouts. Is that a meal after workouts? Do you boil it? how long hydrate? etc. Do you drink it as broth? In coffee? etc.

Merely 2-3 table spoons in hot water from the sink, its mixes well and dissolves completely after 2 minutes.

I have it after every meal, and after my workouts with a meal

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Have you had issues with other gelatins before? How do you take yours now just mixed in cold water and drink it after meals?

Hot sink water, stir it in till it disolves

No all gelatins work well for me.
All collagen products make me feel awful, I have tried 2-3.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Birdie

I'm using less gelatin these days. Got out of the habit.
I used to make oj jello, but my husband got sick of it after a few years.

We do make stock sometimes.
Found out that glycine (alone) triggers my IBS attacks. That was a surprise.
I used to use it in Orange Julias during the summer. Gelatin would work there too.
But I'm too weary of triggering an attack... for now.

Birdie

Now that I think of it, it was not heavy metals but iron that was supposedly abundant in the skin gelatin is made of. Anyone got more info about this?
No, but you would think that since Ray is so iron aware, that he wouldn't recommend gelatin if he'd found evidence of heavy iron content.

Mauritio

i got weird anxiety and flushes for days when i had gut issues (diarrhea and constipation) from taking pig gelatin. i think it was a histamin/glutamat issue or it fed the wrong gut bacteria .
now i use beef gelatin and dissolve it in hot water .so far completely oppsite reaction :feel calm and happy.

Spartan300

I've been having consistently low temps, insomnia/mood/libido issues for some time now. I've tried pretty much everything you see recommended here over the last couple of years & things remain the same.

However there was a brief period of 4 or 5 days where things came together around 18months ago where I slept much deeper, didn't wake during the night & I woke up refreshed with temps >35.5 & feeling 20years younger. Libido was amazing. I was tracking food/supplements/lifestyle at this time & could never pin down what the difference was.

Middle of last week I went at the problem from a different angle & I looked at email history for purchases leading up to that time. The only thing I had bought leading up to that point was beef gelatin!

Incidentally I have used pork gelatin at other times & didn't see the same effect.

I have some beef gelatin arriving this week and I'll report any findings.

Kray

I am certain I recall a quote by RP to this effect somewhere. That heavy metals do not accumulate in skin, which is what gelatin is made from.

Good reminder-- I remember him saying that, too!

Curious, just checked out Great Lakes website, and they have a (new?) "bone" gelatin that is advertised as from grassfed cows. The original (red can) gelatin advertises as "pasture raised". Not sure there is a difference, but would be interested in knowing if the original is safer than the new bone version. Why do they now offer a bone gelatin? Anyone have answers to this?

marcar72

Why do they now offer a bone gelatin? Anyone have answers to this?

The red can is from pasture raised cow hides. The new bone hydrolysate is from pasture raised cow bones. Bone broth powder is a new, booming market I guess is the reason Great Lakes is in the game now.

Kray

The red can is from pasture raised cow hides. The new bone hydrolysate is from pasture raised cow bones. Bone broth powder is a new, booming market I guess is the reason Great Lakes is in the game now.

I guess. Thanks for input. Think I'll stay with the tried-and-true red hide. Btw-- anyone have info on arginine-to-lysine ratio of gelatin being a no-no for cold sore sufferers (it's about 2:1)? Just curious because I recently had a cold sore. Hadn't had one for some years. Hadn't picked up on gelatin being an issue from any of the postings here, but just checking because I'm hoping to add a bit more gelatin to the diet than I've been doing, to balance other daily proteins. Prior to buying red can recently, had used Great Lakes green on a pretty regular but moderate level (about 1 Tb/day avg) when I had the most recent cold sore outbreak. I believe in the benefits of gelatin and decided to give the red can a go because it is less processed and less problematic from what I gather overall from reading here on various threads.

Kray

Unless I'm missing something, the red bone collagen doesn't give a listing of the individual amino acids, unlike the hide red or hydrolyzed green. Wonder why. Anyway, from the looks of it, the red bone label advertises as helpful for osteoporosis. Wonder if it's just a different selling point. I thought whether bone or hide the AA profile was essentially the same.

**NEW** Bone Collagen Hydrolysate - 1 lb. can - Free Shipping*

Arrade

I've never heard this take before. If the amino acid profile of collagen peptides is the same as gelatin would it not give similar results? As far as I understand it collagen peptides are just gelatin that is further broken down to make it easier to dissolve and digest. Perhaps the differing absorption rates have an effect but if anything I would think this is a positive one as it makes it easier for the body to utilize all the beneficial amino acids. Maybe the rapid absorption has a similar effect to a spike in blood sugar and that causes the "stimulating" effect.
+1 on this, I 'googled' for a while because i got a free hydrolyzed collagen sample, and was told on all sources it has the same benefits as gelatin, just broken down into easier to digest amino acids.
Hopefully we can get more evidence on this issue

johnwester130

I agree with this.

I used to take 5 grams taurine, 5 grams lysine and 5 grams glycine. I felt okay. It wasn't great.

I made the decision to use whole food gelatin, about 60 grams a day, and it feels much better. Even more, 75 grams a day if I feel like it.

My only worry is I may deplete b6, but I am not certain of this

johnwester130

I guess. Thanks for input. Think I'll stay with the tried-and-true red hide. Btw-- anyone have info on arginine-to-lysine ratio of gelatin being a no-no for cold sore sufferers (it's about 2:1)? Just curious because I recently had a cold sore. Hadn't had one for some years. Hadn't picked up on gelatin being an issue from any of the postings here, but just checking because I'm hoping to add a bit more gelatin to the diet than I've been doing, to balance other daily proteins. Prior to buying red can recently, had used Great Lakes green on a pretty regular but moderate level (about 1 Tb/day avg) when I had the most recent cold sore outbreak. I believe in the benefits of gelatin and decided to give the red can a go because it is less processed and less problematic from what I gather overall from reading here on various threads.

gelatine is
9.3 % arginine

5.0 % lysine

I do about 60 grams of gelatine a day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals