Gelatin Needs To Be Used As Religiously As Sugar

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

Prosper

Is there a significant heavy metal exposure when consuming so large amounts of gelatin?

benaoao

I’d trust the labels on that. Figured my tbsp are smaller than I thought (6 years lifting weights finally acquired a scale lol) and I’m “only” having 40g a day

biffbelvin

You should try collagen peptides. Try to find a brand which specifically lists the molecular weight; lower kDa is better. Gelatin absorption is meh IME

Unfortunately I get mine in Europe since my family is there and I travel back and forth; haven’t really searched for an alternative in North America

Is there a particular source that is preferable, i.e. from fish or beef? I've found a relatively cheap brand using fish (6kDA) but I'm not sure it would be best to go with a bovine source.

Wagner83

I remember seeing a product from fish which was expensive but the amino acid profile looked better.

ddjd

Gelatin seems to be under rated on this fourm.

The importance of protein cannot be understated, but nothing changed my metabolic rate/health like consuming copious amounts of beef gelatin.

This is after 18 months of peating, gelatin was the key all along.

2-3 Large table spoons with every meal and I eat 5 times a day. Alongside collagen in orange juice during/after working out.

Here's what happened.

1) I was able to cold turkey quit nicotine with zero effort. I mean without thinking about it. My habitual use was 2-5 nicotine products a day (dip/cig) to nothing. I noticed that gelatin kills the desire to consume nicotine after a protein heavy meal, which I assume has to do with tyrophan. And tobaccos effect on increasing T3.

2) Cortisol seems to dropping drastically as my hairline is begenning to grow back, those small venus hairs are popping up everywhere

3) Calcified/chrome temples where there is hair loss is starting break up and losen up

4) Metabolism is picking up, since I am not rely on stress hormones/nicotine. I am getting leaner

Gelatin is awesome and I believe people should experiment with much higher doses.
taurine can also be very useful

If cost is an issue.

NOW gelatin is 40% the price of Great lakes, and it mixes better and dissolves better without clumps.
how much different is collagen hydroslate compared to gelatine?

jet9

Gelatin seems to be under rated on this fourm.

The importance of protein cannot be understated, but nothing changed my metabolic rate/health like consuming copious amounts of beef gelatin.

This is after 18 months of peating, gelatin was the key all along.

2-3 Large table spoons with every meal and I eat 5 times a day. Alongside collagen in orange juice during/after working out.

Here's what happened.

1) I was able to cold turkey quit nicotine with zero effort. I mean without thinking about it. My habitual use was 2-5 nicotine products a day (dip/cig) to nothing. I noticed that gelatin kills the desire to consume nicotine after a protein heavy meal, which I assume has to do with tyrophan. And tobaccos effect on increasing T3.

2) Cortisol seems to dropping drastically as my hairline is begenning to grow back, those small venus hairs are popping up everywhere

3) Calcified/chrome temples where there is hair loss is starting break up and losen up

4) Metabolism is picking up, since I am not rely on stress hormones/nicotine. I am getting leaner

Gelatin is awesome and I believe people should experiment with much higher doses.
taurine can also be very useful

If cost is an issue.

NOW gelatin is 40% the price of Great lakes, and it mixes better and dissolves better without clumps.
Do you heat/cook it? Or eat raw?

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

how much different is collagen hydroslate compared to gelatine?

Inferior. Some say drastically.

Further processing breaks down the proteins in to peptides some being stimulating than others. Gelatin calms you, collagen stimulates you. In my experience

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Do you get headaches from the NOW foods brand?

Nope, it's provides relief to anxiety/ overstimulation I get from milk and other proteins.

Tho to much taken without other proteins can displace to much thytophan/ tyrosine from the blood and make you feel really weird.

Aaron

I have been buying generic gelatin. It's $7 for 32 packets with 7g protein each and I've been having a packet each day as juice jello. Am I putting myself at risk for contaminants with such a cheap gelatin? What is the best way to assess quality?

Peatfan69

Nope, it's provides relief to anxiety/ overstimulation I get from milk and other proteins.

Tho to much taken without other proteins can displace to much thytophan/ tyrosine from the blood and make you feel really weird.

Have you had issues with other gelatins before? How do you take yours now just mixed in cold water and drink it after meals?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Inferior. Some say drastically.

Further processing breaks down the proteins in to peptides some being stimulating than others. Gelatin calms you, collagen stimulates you. In my experience

I've never heard this take before. If the amino acid profile of collagen peptides is the same as gelatin would it not give similar results? As far as I understand it collagen peptides are just gelatin that is further broken down to make it easier to dissolve and digest. Perhaps the differing absorption rates have an effect but if anything I would think this is a positive one as it makes it easier for the body to utilize all the beneficial amino acids. Maybe the rapid absorption has a similar effect to a spike in blood sugar and that causes the "stimulating" effect.

Birdie

Is there a significant heavy metal exposure when consuming so large amounts of gelatin?
If I remember correctly, the heavy metals accumulate in the bone marrow.

managing

@Amarsh213 : can you describe how you prepare it and use it? You've said with meals, but also after workouts. Is that a meal after workouts? Do you boil it? how long hydrate? etc. Do you drink it as broth? In coffee? etc.

managing

If I remember correctly, the heavy metals accumulate in the bone marrow.
I am certain I recall a quote by RP to this effect somewhere. That heavy metals do not accumulate in skin, which is what gelatin is made from.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals