FreeLee Banana Girl Diet

raypeatclips

Have you only just found out about her? Her and durian rider make a lot of youtube videos about their diet if you want to investigate further. Probably better than the SAD but they both seem blinkered by information on things such as saturated fat, which is surprising considering they have rebelled against the "sugar war."

BobbyDukes

Aren't keto acids just there to make use of excess nitrogen? Promoting protein synthesis through recycling of nitrogen waste, and thus reducing ammonia? So if her diet is loaded with keto acids, and she doesn't have much nitrogen byproducts, are those keto acids not very useful? I wouldn't even know what causes nitrogen byproducts other than protein.

Her body is thin as a rake. She looks like someone who has anorexia (not being rude). So to me, it looks like she isn't thriving on those keto acids.

Durianrider has acknowledged that the body chooses to produce saturated fat, but he still believes in the low fat/low protein lifestyle. 801010 baby.

tankasnowgod

I find it interesting that she overloads on fruit and potatoes; she could be low in protein but her mindset may not be quite so misguided? Ketoacids from fruit, potato protein, combined with low fat and high sugar/minerals.

Just found it interesting.

The main attraction of that diet seems to be gimmick induced weight loss. In other words, eat as much fruit as you like, and you'll lose weight! Yet, many followers of that diet gain a fair amount of weight. Just google "weight gain 30 bananas a day" to check out people having issues, and you can find many on their official forum.

On top of that, there are a host of other issues that can pop up on a fruitarian diet- muscle fatigue and weakness, anemia, B12 deficiency, pancreatic issues, hair loss, tooth decay, loss of libido, and more. While a 30 day fruit and/or juice fast is probably fine for most people, I'd be very wary of it myself.

milk_lover

Have you watched her latest video in which she was without makeup at the end saying 'inspirational' stuff? Her skin quality was pretty bad. Also, her arms are so thin, almost zero muscle.

Dopamine

Freelee often wears gloves and toques in her videos. I would guess her hands are ice cold but i'm not sure how cold Australia is in the winter and early morning/evening so it may not necessarily be indicative of hypo and may be justified. I might just be over-analyzing. She looks naked half the time so she cant be that cold.

I have heard of women on fruit based vegan diets losing their periods and men losing their sex drives. This is probaly in large part due to the excessive water drinking/salt restriction and endurance exercise that is such a fetish in the vegan community though. Ray says high estrogen can cause a sort of sex mania probaly because sexual release is a way to deal with the stress. It may not be a bad thing to have a more tamed and steady sex drive as long as all your parts still work:cool:

People who diet are also probaly more likely to have hypothyroidism in the first place and people transitioning to these diets often have eating disordered backgrounds and may not eat enough calories. That doesn't condemn a fruit based diet though.

A lot of vegan women look very attractive. The ones eating high carb anyway. I would consider going vegan just for the women. ;) Though if they are all infertile and have no sex drive maybe this would be a bad idea lol

Also I see many high carb vegans with full heads of hair so that is a good sign. Can't say the same thing about high fat low carb gurus. They all for the most part look fat, sick, and balding. Dave Asprey takes testosterone shots, metformin, and amphetamines. Jack Kruse and Jimmy Moore look like hell just to name 2 more people. The ones who look decent (Mark Sisson) often eat more carbs then people think or at least refeed on carbs often and don't stay in ketosis.

Last edited:

Dopamine

Have you watched her latest video in which she was without makeup at the end saying 'inspirational' stuff? Her skin quality was pretty bad. Also, her arms are so thin, almost zero muscle.

Anyone who does lots of endurance exercise will have low muscle mass. She looks pretty good for being 34 in my opinion.

Dopamine

The main attraction of that diet seems to be gimmick induced weight loss. In other words, eat as much fruit as you like, and you'll lose weight! Yet, many followers of that diet gain a fair amount of weight. Just google "weight gain 30 bananas a day" to check out people having issues, and you can find many on their official forum.

On top of that, there are a host of other issues that can pop up on a fruitarian diet- muscle fatigue and weakness, anemia, B12 deficiency, pancreatic issues, hair loss, tooth decay, loss of libido, and more. While a 30 day fruit and/or juice fast is probably fine for most people, I'd be very wary of it myself.

I think a lot of the weight gain stories are probaly edema not fat gain. Low salt diets with gallons of water will tend to do that to you.

Tarmander

Do not be fooled by all that glitters. Do some digging into her background along with durian rider and then ask if what they are offering has much value. Not very satisfied or honest people from what I have heard.

milk_lover

Anyone who does lots of endurance exercise will have low muscle mass. She looks pretty good for being 34 in my opinion.
Don't give me wrong, she is an attractive lady and her body is smoking hot. But she could look better at age 34 skin-wise.

I think Freelee is 36 years old.
Freelee's ex partner Durianrider talking about her using botox(or something like it) recently, as they have split up.

squanch

I'm just going to quote myself here because the same thing came up in another thread a few days ago:
I actually did the whole fruitarian 80/10/10 thing for around 6 month. Mainly dates and bananas + some lettuce and whatever other fruit was available.
I lost weight despite eating 3000-4000kcal every day, was freezing cold most of the time, skin looked horrible, libido was nonexistent...

I think the main problems eating like that would be:
- high liquids (mainly because of the extra water in your shakes, without shakes it's almost impossible to eat that many fruits)
- low fat soluble vitamins
- very low zinc (which together with the low fat intake, I think leads to the somewhat feminine way a lot of longterm raw vegan men look and act. My libido was pretty much completely gone and I felt very weak and "unmanly" for a lack of better words)
- low protein (sure, you might be able to survive on <50g protein per day, but there's a reason why most raw vegans look like they just escaped from auschwitz)

I guess you could make it work with ridiculously high calories, supplements, a warm climate etc. if you really want to, but I don't really see the point

DaveFoster

It's dogmatic. "Let's eat nothing but green vegetables; killing animals is evil, but killing plants is fine. Fat is bad." "Let's eat nothing but fruit; killing animals is evil and fat is bad."

Raw carnivore: "Let's eat nothing but meat and animal products; carbs are evil."

Paleo: "Let's eat what our ancestors ate; variety is best."

Standard American Dieter: "Cheetos taste good. I like things that taste good. I'm going to eat some cheetos; they taste good so they must be bad for me. I'll have a salad with soybean oil; that's the key to good health."

Etc. etc.

The fact is, most of these people don't have a clue why the diet works for them; they just know they feel good while on it. Ketosis is one example of this fallacy in reasoning.

Jayfish

When you find someone on the internet promoting a certain way of eating and they look really good, dont believe that you can look the same way following that diet. They wouldnt be on the internet if they looked bad.

PeatThemAll

When you find someone on the internet promoting a certain way of eating and they look really good, dont believe that you can look the same way following that diet. They wouldnt be on the internet if they looked bad.
:+1

+ Forum post filtering ("content control", "community standards", etc.) + poster (survivorship) bias = a forum and YouTube channel that lasts a long, long time.

Last edited:

paymanz

in some of their videos i seen they actually talk about 90/5/5 diet.

good things about that diet is that its low on pufa and high on carb, just like the rice diet.and is a high cal diet...

and i know durian rider is not strictly fruit/raw eater , he eats lot of rice , sugar ....

with diet she described in the link she gets very large amount of potassium which helps sugar metabolism.

Last edited:
OP
Velve921

Velve921

I do not feel what she is doing is correct with its entirety; I just found it interesting that there is someone out there preaching high fruit and potatoes which all can serve as powerful energetic benefits. Until I came across Dr. Peat I've never heard the emphasization of fruit having such powerful benefits to over all health, not to mention potatoes (If someone does not have endotoxin issues of course). In one of her blogs she talked about not doing intense activity or exercise...but spending time outdoors and doing light activity in nature, i.e. swimming in the ocean for example. It appears shes attempting to find a stress free lifestyle. Once again I am not saying people should be doing the same as her, but I always find interesting to see niche correlations with certain peoples lifestyles that have been discussed by Peat. Say another example, I have many Scandavian athletes I coach; all have better strength, mass, endurance, and critical thinking skills then most of my North American athletes; many of my Scandavian players focus on fish, potatoes, coffee, dairy.

Dopamine

I'm just going to quote myself here because the same thing came up in another thread a few days ago:

I tried a similar diet as you but starch based vegan with lots of grains for about a week. My libido and dental health also decreased. I think I lost some enamel and developed lots of tension in my body. I got bad TMJ in my jaw and my jaw became shifted and offset to one side slightly. One morning it even dislocated and went numb for a few minutes. My ears were full of fluid as well maybe from the jaw problems. Muscle mass decreased slightly.

I was surprised how quickly these problems resolved when I started eating dairy and meat again with less grains. 2 Days later and my teeth were aligned so much better it was astonishing. My muscles were bigger and looked pumped up.

It's dogmatic. "Let's eat nothing but green vegetables; killing animals is evil, but killing plants is fine. Fat is bad." "Let's eat nothing but fruit; killing animals is evil and fat is bad."

Raw carnivore: "Let's eat nothing but meat and animal products; carbs are evil."

Paleo: "Let's eat what our ancestors ate; variety is best."

Standard American Dieter: "Cheetos taste good. I like things that taste good. I'm going to eat some cheetos; they taste good so they must be bad for me. I'll have a salad with soybean oil; that's the key to good health."

Etc. etc.

The fact is, most of these people don't have a clue why the diet works for them; they just know they feel good while on it. Ketosis is one example of this fallacy in reasoning.

Yep exactly.

Stupid dogmatic rules like "Eat Raw Food till 4PM fam", drink gallon of water per day brah, meat rots in the body dude blah blah blah Most don't question it or look for logic and objective evidence.

Last edited:

Dopamine

bmyBQBE-224x300.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals