Foreign Object In Intestine, What Can I Do?

Gone Peating

I wear a nightguard at night due to tmj treatment, I'm ok now I just have to wear it out night to keep the teeth in place.

A month ago, after a few days of taking pansterone and a lot of pregnenelone my back molars which had not fully erupted at that time came in and clipped off a piece of the acrylic mouth guard in my sleep and I swallowed it upon waking. Normally it is smooth but because it was bitten off I imagine it was a little bit jagged.

My digestion which is normally fantastic has been poor ever since, been gassy and get the urge to poop often but not much if anything ever comes out. It was not a large piece of acrylic so it's only partially blocking the intestine or wherever it is.

A couple of weeks ago I felt a very sharp pain that felt like I was being stabbed in the anus for about 10 seconds and then it stopped. Before then I was pooping very often, almost diarrhea like. Now I have been pooping way less but still feel the need to so I assume it's in a smaller portion of the intestine or rectum.

What can I do besides surgery? Anyone been in a similar boat?

I can think of stuff that gels in the gut.

Psyllium fiber might work.

Start at a tablespoon and then work up to more. It may help encapsulate and carry it out.

OP
G

Gone Peating

Start at a tablespoon and then work up to more. It may help encapsulate and carry it out.

Thank you! I'll let you know if it helps I appreciate the suggestion

Nemo

The traditional remedy for this in very young children is mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, because very young children supposedly can't digest sauerkraut. The object gets tangled up in the mass of sauerkraut and safely carried out.

There's an account in a book titled Little Heathens by Mildred Armstrong Kalish of this method being safely used on a two-year-old who had swallowed pins, complete with fluoroscope images of the evacuation.

Since you're not a young child, I'd try a large amount of Dr. Peat's carrot salad, with the carrot grated lengthwise.

Aaron

Normally the intestine would produce extra mucous in response to the object to help move it out, but if it's a very sharp small object ingested without any other food, I can why you'd be thinking this way. A large amount of psyllium husk with lots of water, fiber and food should form a mass that will push it out if it really is stuck in there.

OP
G

Gone Peating

The traditional remedy for this in very young children is mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, because very young children supposedly can't digest sauerkraut. The object gets tangled up in the mass of sauerkraut and safely carried out.

There's an account in a book titled Little Heathens by Mildred Armstrong Kalish of this method being safely used on a two-year-old who had swallowed pins, complete with fluoroscope images of the evacuation.

Since you're not a young child, I'd try a large amount of Dr. Peat's carrot salad, with the carrot grated lengthwise.

Thank you for your suggestion I did not think to try the carrot salad

OP
G

Gone Peating

Would you take it on an empty stomach a couple hours away from meals like activated charcoal? Or would you take it with food?