Foods And Their Effects On Facial Features

Sobieski

There are very strong effects on my facial features when eating certain foods. Today I ate a diet of eggs, cheese, full cream milk, dark chocolate and a small amount of orange juice. Overall, high saturated fat, some fructose and lactose from the milk, and lots of sugar in my coffees. In total, high fat, fairly low carb. These foods are all very very easy to digest for me, with minimal sensation of fullness. I also have a very high energy that almost feels manic.

My mood/ mental clarity was waning towards the evening, as is always the case without adequate carbs, so I decided to cook some white rice and eat a couple of bananas.

Now, up until this point, my cheekbones, jawline and overall facial structure was very tight and defined. Visible gonial angles on both sides, hollow cheeks etc. The side profile of my jaw becomes almost 90 degrees when in this state. Within around 20 minutes of eating these foods, my face predictably started to swell around my neck, cheeks and eyes. It transforms my appearance from defined, angular and youthful to round and aged. As if it is one mass of round continuity from my eye lids down to my neck. I instantly look about 4-5 years older, it's really quite astounding. I look like two different people. Before discovering Peat, this is how I looked all the time. The effect occurs noticeably from grains and starches in general, but also from low fat milk (though not necessarily all the time).

My question is; why is it that I can drink a lot of OJ, as well as eating whole oranges, consume sugar in whole milk and eat plenty of honey, add copious amounts of sugar to my coffee and yet my skin and face remains lean and defined; however pretty much all starchy foods and low fat dairy produces a rapid, bloated look that lasts for a long time. Is it insulin? The only reason I still eat some starch is because it makes me calm and allows me restful sleep. However, judging by how it affects my appearance, it is not good for me. Sugar and saturated fat, whilst allowing for a far more attractive appearance, produce a manic kind of energy that doesn't allow me to relax or sleep properly, and doesn't leave me feeling satiated or full. Almost like it's metabolised too quickly!

Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:

lampofred

If you are relatively insulin resistant, then starch will release much more insulin than sugar because fructose does not require insulin to be metabolized, and in particular, if you are drinking orange juice, then you will be using barely any insulin at all because the potassium with which the juice comes takes care of the glucose as well. With more insulin release comes more cortisol release and thus the facial puffiness.

As for the manic energy, how is your zinc intake relative to your copper intake and are you hyperventilating? You might be converting too much of your newfound dopamine into adrenaline and a high zinc/copper ratio and hypoventilation will reduce the activity of the dopamine beta hydroxylase enzyme.

OP
S

Sobieski

If you are relatively insulin resistant, then starch will release much more insulin than sugar because fructose does not require insulin to be metabolized, and in particular, if you are drinking orange juice, then you will be using barely any insulin at all because the potassium with which the juice comes takes care of the glucose as well. With more insulin release comes more cortisol release and thus the facial puffiness.

As for the manic energy, how is your zinc intake relative to your copper intake and are you hyperventilating? You might be converting too much of your newfound dopamine into adrenaline and a high zinc/copper ratio and hypoventilation will reduce the activity of the dopamine beta hydroxylase enzyme.

Thank you for the detailed reply. If it is indeed cortisol as you postulate, why is it that I feel so calm and content immediately after consumption? My zinc:copper ratio is usually 5-10:1 or so, on a mg per mg basis. No hyperventilation. The type of energy I feel with high fat, cholesterol and adequate sugar is almost like how I felt when I first supplemented pregnenolone (which also brought about a face lift effect). Very dopaminergenic, almost too much if that makes sense.

Edit: I don't think a high fat diet is optimal for health. It just so happens that many of the foods I digest the easiest are high fat/protein. Low carbs destroys my mental capacity and libido.

Last edited:

Lilac

[judging by how it affects my appearance, it is not good for me[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is a wrong conclusion. When I was at my thinnest, after low-carb dieting and then intermittent fasting, my overall look was closer to the current standards of attractiveness, but I was decidedly hypothyroid. Now I am probably 15 to 20 pounds heavier--and I hate that--but I am warm and sleep well.

It's logical to think that in general looking good indicates health, but in general doesn't mean always.

dreamcatcher

My experience is the opposite with starch and fat I look great whereas eating fruits and drinking liquids increase my hypothyroid symptoms. It also has to do with the weather, you wouldn't want to eat cold foods in a cold climate.

SOMO

I don't know about puffiness, but vegetable oil, high-PUFA nuts (cashews mainly) and wheat give me acne without fail.

Gut and skin are connected intimately.

Daft

There are very strong effects on my facial features when eating certain foods. Today I ate a diet of eggs, cheese, full cream milk, dark chocolate and a small amount of orange juice. Overall, high saturated fat, some fructose and lactose from the milk, and lots of sugar in my coffees. In total, high fat, fairly low carb. These foods are all very very easy to digest for me, with minimal sensation of fullness. I also have a very high energy that almost feels manic.

My mood/ mental clarity was waning towards the evening, as is always the case without adequate carbs, so I decided to cook some white rice and eat a couple of bananas.

Now, up until this point, my cheekbones, jawline and overall facial structure was very tight and defined. Visible gonial angles on both sides, hollow cheeks etc. The side profile of my jaw becomes almost 90 degrees when in this state. Within around 20 minutes of eating these foods, my face predictably started to swell around my neck, cheeks and eyes. It transforms my appearance from defined, angular and youthful to round and aged. As if it is one mass of round continuity from my eye lids down to my neck. I instantly look about 4-5 years older, it's really quite astounding. I look like two different people. Before discovering Peat, this is how I looked all the time. The effect occurs noticeably from grains and starches in general, but also from low fat milk (though not necessarily all the time).

My question is; why is it that I can drink a lot of OJ, as well as eating whole oranges, consume sugar in whole milk and eat plenty of honey, add copious amounts of sugar to my coffee and yet my skin and face remains lean and defined; however pretty much all starchy foods and low fat dairy produces a rapid, bloated look that lasts for a long time. Is it insulin? The only reason I still eat some starch is because it makes me calm and allows me restful sleep. However, judging by how it affects my appearance, it is not good for me. Sugar and saturated fat, whilst allowing for a far more attractive appearance, produce a manic kind of energy that doesn't allow me to relax or sleep properly, and doesn't leave me feeling satiated or full. Almost like it's metabolised too quickly!

Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Glycogen storage increases water weight, wild guess recalling but its something like we store about 3g water per gram glycogen I believe.

michael94

Glycogen storage increases water weight, wild guess recalling but its something like we store about 3g water per gram glycogen I believe.
thats not subcutaneous water that is in the musle

Daft

thats not subcutaneous water that is in the musle

Hmm good point
When I take creatine I notice its common marked full body water retention effect extends to the face, and others on other forums have spoken to this as well, I believe based on memory it was in areas that aren't just muscle. Would this would be water retention of a different kind then just in muscles? It does however obviously affect water retention in muscles similarly to glycogen.

michael94

Hmm good point
When I take creatine I notice its common marked full body water retention effect extends to the face, and others on other forums have spoken to this as well, I believe based on memory it was in areas that aren't just muscle. Would this would be water retention of a different kind then just in muscles? It does however obviously affect water retention in muscles similarly to glycogen.

I can not guarantee anything, but this sort of water retention I believe is a sign of metabolic stress and its very common ... unofrtunately.