Fascinating New Paper On Hair Loss

CLASH

@Travis
Would there be any local or systemic side effects from topical cyclosporin and/ or spirinolactone?
From what I remember cyclosporin required a specific carrier to get in the cell no?
If hairloss is a local blood flow issue leading to hypoxia in the scalp would these still work?

Philjay

@Travis
Would there be any local or systemic side effects from topical cyclosporin and/ or spirinolactone?
From what I remember cyclosporin required a specific carrier to get in the cell no?
If hairloss is a local blood flow issue leading to hypoxia in the scalp would these still work?

I know im not travis, but hair loss can be caused by a variety of things, those treat some symptoms of mpb or Aa, but wont cure it. The cure is out there, ru58441 works pretty much as a very effective androgen blocker, without the hideous sides of low igf , or lowered free testosterone etc. But again its only a treatment, and it works better in Aa sufferers.

In Mpb sufferers everyone responds in a different way based on genes.

Philjay

@Travis

Just apologising as I dont profess to be as knowledgable as @Travis.

CLASH

@Philjay
No need to apologize man, anyone could have answered, I just directed it at travis because he is the one who brought them up. Thanks for your response.

Pablo Cruise

Has anyone anywhere considered blocking the DHT receptors with non toxic chemicals? I read constantly we need to block PGD2 and increase PGE2 but nothing about blocking DHT receptors or did I miss something?

Pablo Cruise

I know im not travis, but hair loss can be caused by a variety of things, those treat some symptoms of mpb or Aa, but wont cure it. The cure is out there, ru58441 works pretty much as a very effective androgen blocker, without the hideous sides of low igf , or lowered free testosterone etc. But again its only a treatment, and it works better in Aa sufferers.

In Mpb sufferers everyone responds in a different way based on genes.

Unfortunately, RU58441 has serious long terms effects and does not work for all. A pure guess, a small percentage get results and some are temporary. Personally I would not recommend this drug.

Hairfedup

Unfortunately, RU58441 has serious long terms effects and does not work for all. A pure guess, a small percentage get results and some are temporary. Personally I would not recommend this drug.

I believe that cyclosporine does not have any systematic side-effects and is proven to regrow hair.

Mauritio

I just wanted to chime in and and give my two cents on this topic.
I did regrow a lot of hair with a method similar to the one from the guy from perfecthairhealth . i also emailed him and he said what i ( and a lot of others )do is just another why of scalp massage. i just do it through musucular contraction . im even doing as im typing right now. i just alternatly contract the frontalis and then the occipilis muscle ,which creates a movement of the gales which in turn creates more blood flow , more nutrients etc.
my problem is just the following : it seems like my old hair is still prone to falling out soo im balding and regrowing at the same time. it takes alot of time though but its worth it. why ? because it works. i have regrown hundreds of new hairs and already can see at least 100-200 new ones coming ... i know it doesnt tackle the root cause ,but why not regrow hair while you work on zhe root cause and support the regrowth through that ?
im as sure as i can be that this is new hair since it has a different structure ,grows more straight, is darker ,cant be pulled out as easily,...
i ve been wanting to write this post for a long time ,but never knew who would be most appreciative ,because you how people are at hairlossforums and the forum of the men who invented this method (75 or older with full head of hair) is way too small with just a few posts a week ,but he is a genuine nice guy ( hope he is still alive!) who even shares his technique for free (you only have to pay if you want the dvd)
anyway if someones interested im pleased to talk more about that... you should be aware that it takes a long time and a lot of persistence ...
and i also havent figured out how to stop the ongoing hairloss or if the old hair just has to fall out in order to be replaced by new ones
greetings!

Mauritio

Also:
Shouldnt @haidut 5a-dhp be anti balding ,since it lowers prolactin and estrogen? But im not aware of anyone mentioning decreased hair shedding from that. Actually i remember one person saying it got worse ...
Maybe prolactin /estrogen just isnt enough and it would have to lower cortisol ,prostaglandin d2 , and other molecules as well ?

Last edited:

Pablo Cruise

XA4T27F6

Would combining Swiss' technique "save" the old hair while the new grows in?
By the way what do you call a "long time" for the new hair to grow? 3-6 months?
Glad to hear of some success. Hope you post more on your results :)

Mauritio

XA4T27F6

Would combining Swiss' technique "save" the old hair while the new grows in?
By the way what do you call a "long time" for the new hair to grow? 3-6 months?
Glad to hear of some success. Hope you post more on your results :)

what do you mena by swiss thechnique ? im new to the forum so i might not know who that is ...
Longer than that actually it took me 8 months to see the first little hair on my hairline ,but from then on the hair growth got faster and faster ,as up to this point there is probably a hundred new hairs at the same time coming in (of course all in different growth stages) but you can tell they are here to stay.
i am now using this technique for about 2,5 years. ill search for the old mans website but its quite hard to find ^^

Also, i started taking about 3 grams of taurine for hair growth and other benefits today, since some people of this forum have reported great results with it . and could keep and even regrow a substantial amount of hair .

Pablo Cruise

what do you mena by swiss thechnique ? im new to the forum so i might not know who that is ...
Longer than that actually it took me 8 months to see the first little hair on my hairline ,but from then on the hair growth got faster and faster ,as up to this point there is probably a hundred new hairs at the same time coming in (of course all in different growth stages) but you can tell they are here to stay.
i am now using this technique for about 2,5 years. ill search for the old mans website but its quite hard to find ^^

Also, i started taking about 3 grams of taurine for hair growth and other benefits today, since some people of this forum have reported great results with it . and could keep and even regrow a substantial amount of hair .

Go to swisstemples.com and you will see.

dreamcatcher

Ramatroban is also an inhibitor of the prostaglandin D₂ receptor GPR44. There are three receptors for this prostaglandin, and two specifically for PGD₂ alone. Louis Garza's studies had suggested that GPR44 was the target, but I don't think this is 100% conclusive. But what is certain is that prostaglandin D₂ inhibits hair growth when applied directly to the skin, and so can basically anything which creates prostaglandins. So even if Garza is wrong about the specific target, it would still have to cause hair loss somewhere.

Ramatroban and Setipiprant work specifically on the GPR44 receptor.

Prostaglandin D₂ also becomes prostaglandin J₂ spontaneously upon loss of a molecule of water, and prostaglandin J₂ has two unique functions: it binds the strongest out of any prostaglandin to PPARγ, and it also is the only one which releases p53. The first function—binding to PPARγ—should actually stimulate growth, but the second function causes apoptosis of the cell. This is an alternate pathway that could have some relevance, and the ability of prostaglandin D₂ to cause hair loss is indisputable whether or not Setipiprant works or not. But you'd think it ought to, since indomethacin has been shown to cause hair loss—paradoxically—despite being an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase‐2. A little known fact is that indomethacin is actually the classic ligand for this prostaglandin D₂ receptor, and its molecular structure—along with Ramatroban—was actually used to design Setipiprant. Indomethacin doesn't bind nearly as strongly as prostaglandin D₂, Ramatroban, or Setipiprant, but it does bind and is actually known for this.

Ramatroban has been used to inhibit prostaglandin D₂ in asthma patients in Japan—for decades. This is available online and could perhaps work, although you won't find any studies on this. It wasn't until 2012 that Garza had published his first article, and new drugs are also more profitable than generic ones.. .
Turmeric also inhibits the production of prostaglandins.

Travis

Turmeric also inhibits the production of prostaglandins.
And they make the assumption that it is doing so by binding directly to cyclooxgyenase—similar to aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.—but since it had poor bioavailability and low membrane permeability I think it could work by adducting with reactive nitrogen species, as it's been shown to do.⁽¹⁾

Peroxynitrite (ONOO⁻) is what forms the endoperoxide bridge of prostaglandin H. This ephemeral reactive nitrogen species is formed by the spontaneous association of superoxide (Ȯ₂⁻) and nitric oxide (ṄO). Peroxynitrite exists in equilibrium and damages proteins through binding tyrosine's ring, forming nitrotyrosine.

prostaglandin H.png

Small molecules that nonenzymatically release nitric oxide increase prostaglandin production;⁽²⁾ conversely, molecules that adduct with reactive nitrogen species will lower them.⁽³⁾ The ability to complex & safely neutralize reactive nitrogen species is likely why γ-tocopherol, and not α-tocopherol, strongly inhibits prostaglandin formation.⁽⁴⁾

[1] Johnston, B. "Suppression of nitric oxide oxidation to nitrite by curcumin is due to the sequestration of the intermediate nitrogen dioxide, not nitric oxide." Nitric Oxide (2003)
[2] Landino, L. "Peroxynitrite, the coupling product of nitric oxide and superoxide, activates prostaglandin biosynthesis." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (1996)
[3] Cooney, R. "Gamma-tocopherol detoxification of nitrogen dioxide: superiority to alpha-tocopherol." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (1993)
[4] Jiang, Q. "γ-Tocopherol, but not α-tocopherol, decreases proinflammatory eicosanoids and inflammation damage in rats." The FASEB Journal (2003)

dreamcatcher

And they make the assumption that it is doing so by binding directly to cyclooxgyenase—similar to aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.—but since it had poor bioavailability and low membrane permeability I think it could work by adducting with reactive nitrogen species, as it's been shown to do.⁽¹⁾

Peroxynitrite (ONOO⁻) is what forms the endoperoxide bridge of prostaglandin H. This ephemeral reactive nitrogen species is formed by the spontaneous association of superoxide (Ȯ₂⁻) and nitric oxide (ṄO). Peroxynitrite exists in equilibrium and damages proteins through binding tyrosine's ring, forming nitrotyrosine.

View attachment 9520

Small molecules that nonenzymatically release nitric oxide increase prostaglandin production;⁽²⁾ conversely, molecules that adduct with reactive nitrogen species will lower them.⁽³⁾ The ability to complex & safely neutralize reactive nitrogen species is likely why γ-tocopherol, and not α-tocopherol, strongly inhibits prostaglandin formation.⁽⁴⁾

[1] Johnston, B. "Suppression of nitric oxide oxidation to nitrite by curcumin is due to the sequestration of the intermediate nitrogen dioxide, not nitric oxide." Nitric Oxide (2003)
[2] Landino, L. "Peroxynitrite, the coupling product of nitric oxide and superoxide, activates prostaglandin biosynthesis." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (1996)
[3] Cooney, R. "Gamma-tocopherol detoxification of nitrogen dioxide: superiority to alpha-tocopherol." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (1993)
[4] Jiang, Q. "γ-Tocopherol, but not α-tocopherol, decreases proinflammatory eicosanoids and inflammation damage in rats." The FASEB Journal (2003)
Thank you @Travis re turmeric.
I'm dealing with diffuse thinning inlc. eyebrows. As far as I understand, Rob at PHH isn't really encouraging dairy.
I'm following RP's guidelines since 2013 and he recommended me adequate dairy consumption to insure optimal calcium levels; and vitamin D ( to lower PTH which interferes with hair development).

Travis

Thank you @Travis re turmeric.
I'm dealing with diffuse thinning inlc. eyebrows. As far as I understand, Rob at PHH isn't really encouraging dairy.
I'm following RP's guidelines since 2013 and he recommended me adequate dairy consumption to insure optimal calcium levels; and vitamin D ( to lower PTH which interferes with hair development).
There are a few problems with cow's milk, yet goat milk—and its derivatives—are almost entirely free of those objections. The two main issues are the unusually-high potency of bovine β-casomorphin, as compared to other species, and the potential to form folate receptor autoantibodies in response to the soluble folate receptor preset in cow's milk—a protein roughly 88% similar to our own. Folate receptor autoantibodies are a complex issue, and we are presenting information on the topic here.

LeeLemonoil

There are a few recent publications on Cedrol being more effective than minoxidil and cyclosporine to treat aa/hairloss. It’s cheap and should be rather easy to applicante since it’s a small lipophilic molecule

LeeLemonoil

How about lipophil, liquid salicylate-esters applied on scalp? Should penetrate better than aspirin dissolved, or confound the effect of dissolved aspirin.

Methylsalicylate, Benzylsalicylate and so forth ...

Also Cedrol seems to work similar to cyclosporin, but is probably much safer:

Preventive effects of cedrol against alopecia in cyclophosphamide-treated mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Topical application of cyclosporin A induces rapid-remodeling of damaged anagen hair follicles produced in cyclophosphamide administered mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Hair growth promoting activity of cedrol isolated from the leaves of Platycladus orientalis. - PubMed - NCBI

Seems like EO of Virginian Cedar and similar species are useful n many ways, not only hairloss becuase of it's cedrol content, but possibly also anabolic:
Alpha-cedrene, a completely new kind of anabolic from cedar oil

Alpha-cedrene, a completely new kind of anabolic from cedar oil

Human beings can smell alpha-cedrene, a substance present in cedar oil, thanks to the presence of receptors in our noses. Muscle cells have the same receptor - and as strange as it sounds, this receptor, when triggered by alpha-cedrene, can make muscle tissue bigger and stronger

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom