Exercise Increases Endotoxin Clearance By Increasing DHEA Levels

Hans

Forum Supporter
Exercise training enhances in vivo clearance of endotoxin and attenuates inflammatory responses by potentiating Kupffer cell phagocytosis
"In our model, endotoxaemia and the activated KC (kupffer cells) inflammatory response, both associated with the KCs dysfunction, led to chronic inflammation in the liver."

"Exercise training caused an increase in foreign-body phagocytic capacity of KCs (Fig. 2b). Endotoxin levels in portal vein blood did not change following 3-month exercise training"

"exercise training triggered an attenuation in endotoxin-induced inflammatory responses and thereby in inflammatory cytokine levels."

"Exercise training increased expression of these surface molecules on KCs, resulting in an increase in KC phagocytic capacity. We suggest that this may cause lower peak endotoxin levels in peripheral blood following endotoxin administration. One study reports that acute exercise greater than 30 min contributes to an increase in carbon clearance"

"The addition of DHEA to RAW264.7 cells, at a concentration close to the peripheral blood levels after 3-month exercise training (Fig. 4d), caused a dose-dependent increase in latex bead phagocytic capacity (Fig. 5a), and inhibition of endotoxin-induced phosphorylation of NFκB-p65"

ShotTrue

You’re not allowed to post this here. Exercise is bad for you and only allowable when your health is perfect. Heresy to think it can help you recover your health

@redsun amirite buddy

Does it mean that exogenous DHEA will work the same way?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does it mean that exogenous DHEA will work the same way?
Yes they did an in vitro study also using DHEA which indicated that it's the DHEA thats responsible, so taking some DHEA should have the same effect. DHEA is a TLR4 antagonist and potently lowers inflammation.

redsun

You’re not allowed to post this here. Exercise is bad for you and only allowable when your health is perfect. Heresy to think it can help you recover your health

@redsun amirite buddy

Way to paint yourself the idiot here. Exercise is not "bad" on its own. You overexaggerate what I and many others have said. If you have severe health issues that lead to chronic fatigue or even extreme fatigue, or have metabolic syndrome you have no business exercising, proper diet will alleviate those issues 100% of the time. Then you can begin exercising. I dont disagree with this study or think its bogus, exercise causes hormonal changes and adaptive changes that can be beneficial as well as increasing detoxification in general, but this is not the missing puzzle for most people. It will not fix one's health like you seem to think. And any benefits of exercise will be far outweighed by the increased stress response of noradrenaline, cortisol that unhealthy people will have from exercising that screw them up for days.

I used to be one of those, I would be fatigued for days after going to the gym even though on the outside I was lean, muscular and looked "healthy". Most well-built kid in my age group and I still am to this day and I also had the worst issues with fatigue.

lvysaur

I think going to the gym is a bad form of exercise, you do pointless repetitive tasks under blue light for hours

Better would just be walking outside, or even walking to the grocery store instead of using a car (if that's an option)

ShotTrue

Way to paint yourself the idiot here. Exercise is not "bad" on its own. You overexaggerate what I and many others have said. If you have severe health issues that lead to chronic fatigue or even extreme fatigue, or have metabolic syndrome you have no business exercising, proper diet will alleviate those issues 100% of the time. Then you can begin exercising. I dont disagree with this study or think its bogus, exercise causes hormonal changes and adaptive changes that can be beneficial as well as increasing detoxification in general, but this is not the missing puzzle for most people. It will not fix one's health like you seem to think. And any benefits of exercise will be far outweighed by the increased stress response of noradrenaline, cortisol that unhealthy people will have from exercising that screw them up for days.

I used to be one of those, I would be fatigued for days after going to the gym even though on the outside I was lean, muscular and looked "healthy". Most well-built kid in my age group and I still am to this day and I also had the worst issues with fatigue.
No I still disagree with you.

ShotTrue

I think going to the gym is a bad form of exercise, you do pointless repetitive tasks under blue light for hours

Better would just be walking outside, or even walking to the grocery store instead of using a car (if that's an option)
No words, you all are detached from reality, or just want to rationalize one's laziness

Cirion

+1

I know alot of stuff we don't see eye to eye on, but on this I am in perfect agreement.

Exercise is absolutely devastating to someone who is hypothyroid. I also will feel extremely bad for up to several days if I attempt to exercise in a hypothyroid state, or at least the whole rest of that day.

Also many people are kidding themselves and think they're healthy and can tolerate exercise when really they can't. Even in my early 20s, exercise destroyed me but I didn't know that was the direct cause until I started learning about health. There is also a young 20s guy at my work who is pretty much how I was when I was in my 20s, fit and exercises alot but doesn't eat enough, and has openly admitted to being fatigued and I can tell looking at him that his energy is sub-optimal.

Exercise can be helpful but frequently its not because of the state that people are in who attempt to undergo it.

ShotTrue

Are you going to walk outside a new path every single day? What time of day do you have available for sunlight? Isn't walking repetitive?
Do you live in a hut outside that blue hour is a big deal 1 hour a day? Not really worth my time parsing this

ShotTrue

+1

I know alot of stuff we don't see eye to eye on, but on this I am in perfect agreement.

Exercise is absolutely devastating to someone who is hypothyroid. I also will feel extremely bad for up to several days if I attempt to exercise in a hypothyroid state, or at least the whole rest of that day.

Also many people are kidding themselves and think they're healthy and can tolerate exercise when really they can't. Even in my early 20s, exercise destroyed me but I didn't know that was the direct cause until I started learning about health. There is also a young 20s guy at my work who is pretty much how I was when I was in my 20s, fit and exercises alot but doesn't eat enough, and has openly admitted to being fatigued and I can tell looking at him that his energy is sub-optimal.

Exercise can be helpful but frequently its not because of the state that people are in who attempt to undergo it.
I'm sure undereating while not exercising would make his health that much better

Cirion

I'm sure undereating while not exercising would make his health that much better

Actually, I think it would (assuming he continued the same caloric intake while not exercising, so would be in a lower calorie deficit).

But that's not my point I was trying to make. My point is, exercising when in a sub-optimal metabolic condition, is not going to be conducive to health. Even in an optimal metabolic condition, it's quite possible to over do it. Even when I was in the best health of my life, being honest with myself, I felt the lactic acid build up with longer than around 30 minutes of exercise.

Exercise does not restore health. Healthy people often do exercise, but that doesn't make it a healthy activity. People like to take what healthy people do and use it as causation, when usually what healthy people do are correlations at best.

Healthy people have better metabolisms, and thus more energy, and thus have the energy to do what I consider "Luxury" activities (activities that aren't required for survival) like exercising that hypothyroid people simply don't have.

It's like comparing a rich person to a poor person. Telling a poor person they need to buy a Porsche to be rich is just as ridiculous as telling a hypothyroid person they need to weight lift 1 hr 3x a week to become healthy, yet we do it ALL THE TIME.

Funny enough, you also see a lot of poor people buying expensive things on loan to appear rich also. So actually, it's a good comparison. People look ripped and healthy when they're not. They are "taking a loan on health" just like the poor guy buying the Porsche is taking a loan from the bank to buy it. Sooner or later, the poor guy will have loan sharks on his back, just like the "healthy ripped guy" will soon have his health go down the toilet from abusing it.

Last edited:

lvysaur

Isn't walking repetitive?
Yeah it is, you could also try one of the other infinitely many ways to engage in physical activity. Instead of running on a treadmill and lifting things up and down for an hour.

Personally I've never understood the obsession some people have with big muscles to begin with. Most girls don't even want ripped dudes; at best some of them have a mild preference for it.

ShotTrue

Actually, I think it would (assuming he continued the same caloric intake while not exercising, so would be in a lower calorie deficit).

But that's not my point I was trying to make. My point is, exercising when in a sub-optimal metabolic condition, is not going to be conducive to health. Even in an optimal metabolic condition, it's quite possible to over do it. Even when I was in the best health of my life, being honest with myself, I felt the lactic acid build up with longer than around 30 minutes of exercise.

Exercise does not restore health. Healthy people often do exercise, but that doesn't make it a healthy activity. People like to take what healthy people do and use it as causation, when usually what healthy people do are correlations at best.

Healthy people have better metabolisms, and thus more energy, and thus have the energy to do what I consider "Luxury" activities (activities that aren't required for survival) like exercising that hypothyroid people simply don't have.

It's like comparing a rich person to a poor person. Telling a poor person they need to buy a Porsche to be rich is just as ridiculous as telling a hypothyroid person they need to weight lift 1 hr 3x a week to become healthy, yet we do it ALL THE TIME.

Funny enough, you also see a lot of poor people buying expensive things on loan to appear rich also. So actually, it's a good comparison. People look ripped and healthy when they're not. They are "taking a loan on health" just like the poor guy buying the Porsche is taking a loan from the bank to buy it. Sooner or later, the poor guy will have loan sharks on his back, just like the "healthy ripped guy" will soon have his health go down the toilet from abusing it.
So you are completely ignoring the fact that exercise helps the body reduce inflammation and stress hormones. You are also ignoring the fact that the greater the androgens and muscle mass the more efficient the body is at using the same amount of nutrients and also the greater the metabolism.

I had a TSH of 10 and even while undereating, I managed to gain 10lbs of muscle mass a year and my body became healthier and healthier. Nothing consistently made me feel better than exercising, and there are plenty of hypothyroid men that lift weights.
I've had plenty of hormone imbalances and other issues at this point, and doing a weight training routine to the best of my ability massively helps my recovery, far more than just eating enough. Exercise is definitely a recovery tool imo, your hypothetical healthy ripped guy is likely someone that just abused anabolic steroids

Cirion

Exercise Increases Endotoxin Clearance By Increasing DHEA Levels - Title of this thread

I'm aware of that, but it hasn't been my experience.

powerlifter

@redsun amirite buddy

Are you being sarcastic? Ray peat has said many times concentric resistance training is good for you.

Yeah it is, you could also try one of the other infinitely many ways to engage in physical activity. Instead of running on a treadmill and lifting things up and down for an hour.

Personally I've never understood the obsession some people have with big muscles to begin with. Most girls don't even want ripped dudes; at best some of them have a mild preference for it.

He also pointed out muscles use fatty acids at rest, so the more muscle the better.

ShotTrue

Maybe because it's a sign of many positive health factors and passively increases androgens, metabolism, and pufa elimination. Most girls don't want a ripped guy who will cheat on them, as most women are happiest in a relationship where the man is less attractive.
Literally all forms of exercise can be repetitive, it would require traveling in a vehicle to find a new spot to rock climb, walk, swim, etc. You really just listed excuses

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals