Estrogen Dominance In Men

Iron Man

Has this topic been covered? I spent some time today searching for solutions on lowering estrogen dominance.
I did find a Ray Peat article about progesterone cream. Great, but is there anything else?
Thanks

cyclops

Are you planning on using progesterone as a man? If so, how much?

milk_lover

Ok I will boil down my experiments with different steroids in the last two years or so in the next few bullets.. most of them align with the man himself, Peat, and some don't..

• Pregnenolone alone, progesterone alone, or a combo of them by themselves can be great for negating too much stress and estrogen.. But they are very anti-masculine sorry to say. You lose interest in sex! Zero sex drive from them. Maybe your partner will be even sad thinking you don't find her attractive anymore. This feeling can be really bizarre for both of you
  • DHEA alone is good. But you don't wanna reach the threshold where you convert most of it to estrogen. Less than 5mg a day is plenty if you are young. DHEA really is good for libido. Little preg with it is fine, but it should always be less or equal to the amount of DHEA in mg to avoid the feminizing effect of preg/prog. I wish Pansterone gives us the option to choose the ratio we want from pre-selected set of ratios.
  • Andro might not be as dangerous as Peat suggests. It really increases my metabolism, opposite of what Peat says, but maybe he thinks it could be crashing metabolism in the long run. Still as long as it's kept low (e.g., 1 to 3 mg a day), it won't be as bad as one might think. If you think men get hostile toward you, make sure you clean the application spot before you go out.
  • I agree with Peat that nothing is worth applying those steroids on the scrotum for. Better be safe than sorry. And that includes shining red light on them too. @Makrosky would agree I think. Vary the route, topically on any skin or orally until you get it to work for you.

cyclops

Pregnenolone alone, progesterone alone, or a combo of them by themselves can be great for negating too much stress and estrogen.. But they are very anti-masculine sorry to say. You lose interest in sex! Zero sex drive from them. Maybe your partner will be even sad thinking you don't find her attractive anymore. This feeling can be really bizarre for both of you

Pregnenolone was anti masculine for you? How much were you using? Does that mean it was converting to estrogen?

Also how much progesterone were you using, where you found it anti masculine?

milk_lover

Pregnenolone was anti masculine for you? How much were you using? Does that mean it was converting to estrogen?

Unfortunately yes. But as long as I use DHEA with it in 1 to 1 ratio or more toward DHEA, then pregnenolone is not a big issue, meaning I get its anti-stress properties without sacrificing the sex drive and muscle definition. My arm muscles deflate if I take preg or prog alone. I am guessing it's converting to too much progesterone and my body doesn't like too much progesterone. I think my body is hungry for androgens like DHEA and andro. Wish one day I try DHT and see how it affects me. Too much progesterone removes estrogen, which you need to have sex drive. I already take too many things to negate estrogen like aspirin, caffeine, B-vitamins, and glycine... If I take progesterone orally or topically anywhere away from the testicles and in small doses (1-3 mg), I have no issue with it as long as I take DHEA or andro that day.

milk_lover

about 5 mg in one dose done two or three times a day.

aarfai

The right thyroid dose is probably the best thing for estrogen dominance

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sun, lots of sun and fresh air. Without burning yourself of course, that would be silly. :crazy:

cyclops

Unfortunately yes. But as long as I use DHEA with it in 1 to 1 ratio or more toward DHEA, then pregnenolone is not a big issue, meaning I get its anti-stress properties without sacrificing the sex drive and muscle definition. My arm muscles deflate if I take preg or prog alone. I am guessing it's converting to too much progesterone and my body doesn't like too much progesterone. I think my body is hungry for androgens like DHEA and andro. Wish one day I try DHT and see how it affects me. Too much progesterone removes estrogen, which you need to have sex drive. I already take too many things to negate estrogen like aspirin, caffeine, B-vitamins, and glycine... If I take progesterone orally or topically anywhere away from the testicles and in small doses (1-3 mg), I have no issue with it as long as I take DHEA or andro that day.

Interesting. So having too little estrogen is anti-masculine it seems.

Serotoninja

I am not sure about that... Progesterone lowers estrogen but it is also a 5ar inhibitor hence the anti-androgenic effects reported by milk_lover

cyclops

I am not sure about that... Progesterone lowers estrogen but it is also a 5ar inhibitor hence the anti-androgenic effects reported by milk_lover

I did not know that about Progesterone, but many people seem to say it is a more "female" hormone so that makes sense.

But milk_lover also said Pregnenolone has anti-masculine effects for him by itself. I am guess because it lowered his estrogen too much? He said it hurt his libido which is caused by too low estrogen.

theLaw

I think Ray was asked about this, and said that it didn't seem like an issue for men. Don't remember the exact quote, but I think he was saying that it's not something to worry about.

Haidut didn't appear to experience any of these issues either, even with his extreme High-T protocol.

Sexuality And Libido Through A Peat Prism

OP
I

Iron Man

Thanks everyone, this was a real help :thumbsup:
Thanks milk_lover for the review on your experience.
I think I will get back onto the natural progesterone cream and apply topically. I only go for the smaller doses. There seems to be a lot of positive reviews on it. I already take vitamin e, aspirin and niacinimide in the mornings and taurine and glycine at bed time, so it seems I am doing all I can there.
I just ordered Tyromax and Tyronene for my thyroid and am considering NDT as well, but not certain yet.
Based on my experience... I strongly believe I am hypothyroid with some estrogen dominance. When I research this, I seem to have multiple symptoms.

Makrosky

Ok I will boil down my experiments with different steroids in the last two years or so in the next few bullets.. most of them align with the man himself, Peat, and some don't..

• Pregnenolone alone, progesterone alone, or a combo of them by themselves can be great for negating too much stress and estrogen.. But they are very anti-masculine sorry to say. You lose interest in sex! Zero sex drive from them. Maybe your partner will be even sad thinking you don't find her attractive anymore. This feeling can be really bizarre for both of you
  • DHEA alone is good. But you don't wanna reach the threshold where you convert most of it to estrogen. Less than 5mg a day is plenty if you are young. DHEA really is good for libido. Little preg with it is fine, but it should always be less or equal to the amount of DHEA in mg to avoid the feminizing effect of preg/prog. I wish Pansterone gives us the option to choose the ratio we want from pre-selected set of ratios.
  • Andro might not be as dangerous as Peat suggests. It really increases my metabolism, opposite of what Peat says, but maybe he thinks it could be crashing metabolism in the long run. Still as long as it's kept low (e.g., 1 to 3 mg a day), it won't be as bad as one might think. If you think men get hostile toward you, make sure you clean the application spot before you go out.
  • I agree with Peat that nothing is worth applying those steroids on the scrotum for. Better be safe than sorry. And that includes shining red light on them too. @Makrosky would agree I think. Vary the route, topically on any skin or orally until you get it to work for you.
I agree with that part, yes. If you can only get androgenic benefits from steroids only if you put them in your balls that means your problem is anywhere else.

milk_lover

@cyclops and @Serotoninja I would advise trying those steroids and see for yourself. You might have a different experience and I might also have a different experience as well because our bodies are in constant change and things can affect you differently during different times, but if I have one recommendation, it would be not to apply anything on the scrotum. DMSO, sfa esters, ethanol, etc., can alter the delicate environment of our testicles, according to Peat.

milk_lover

I'm not sure, maybe products like this don't even exist?
It would be hard to find steroid products with only water; they might not be able to dissolve in water completely. You can apply steroids anywhere else in the body without losing the benefits I think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals