EstroBan - Liquid Vitamin (K, A, D, E) Mix

Would you buy custom, liquid suplement with the 4 fat-soluble vitamins (K2, A, D, E)?

• No

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Only if it costs less than $50 for 30 days supply

Votes: 36 9.5%
  • Only if it costs less than $40 for 30 days supply

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • Only if it costs less than $30 for 30 days supply

Votes: 106 28.0%
  • Only if it costs less than $20 for 30 days supply

Votes: 111 29.3%
  • Only if it costs less than $10 for 30 days supply

Votes: 81 21.4%

• Total voters
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,

Here's the printout he was given. Cipro was in bold, as shown. Note that it shows to be the lowest value, with
Trimeth/Sulfameth the next closest. Someone (doctor or other personnel who reviewed this with us, made the scratch mark). This suggests Trimeth/Sulfameth is next-best. Is this the class of drugs Bactrim is in? Bactrim was discussed as a possible option for the last 2 weeks of treatment- 2 wks on Cipro, 2 wks on Bactrim. Yesterday's doctor didn't recommend switching because of possible side effects of Bactrim, and another drug being introduced, possible resistance situation down the road. Don't know if this is accepted position among doctors. That was his opinion, in spite of our hesitancy about Cipro.

What class does Ampicillin belong to? Is it part of those listed? He did get IV for 4 days between ER and inpatient, which was Rocephin (Ancef). They said it was a pencillin relative.

CULTURE >100,000 Col/ml Escherichia coli
SUSCEPTIBILITY
ORGANISM >100,000 Col/ml Escherichia coli
METHOD MIC

Ampicillin <=4 Susceptible
Ampicill/Sulbact. 4/2 Susceptible
Cefazolin <=1 Susceptible
Cefazolin results predict results for the oral agents cefaclor, cefdinir, cefpodoxime,
cefprozil, cefuroxime, cephalexin, and loracarbef.
Ceftriaxone <=1 Susceptible
Ciprofloxacin <=0.5 Susceptible
Gentamicin <=1 Susceptible
Levofloxacin <=1 Susceptible
Nitrofurantoin <=16 Susceptible
Tetracycline <=2 Susceptible
Organisms that are susceptible to tetracycline are considered susceptible
to doxycycline and minocycline.
Tobramycin <=2 Susceptible
Trimeth/Sulfameth <=0.5/9.5 Susceptible -
Ceftazidime <=2 Susceptible

Rocephin is not a penicillin relative. It belongs to this class of drugs:
Cephalosporin - Wikipedia

Amipicillin is similar to amoxycillin and penicillin, In fact, they are almost the same antibiotic.
Penicillin - Wikipedia
Given that the tetracyclines are listed as having a lower value than ampicillin maybe you can ask about those. I would bring up the possible side effects of cipro with the doctor. Taking it for 30 days is long enough to manifest the mitochondrial toxicity, cartilage damage or heart arrhythmia. If the doctor is OK with switching, maybe then you can ask about the tetracycline or a higher dose ampicillin.

Kray

Amipicillin is similar to amoxycillin and penicillin, In fact, they are almost the same antibiotic.
Penicillin - Wikipedia
Given that the tetracyclines are listed as having a lower value than ampicillin maybe you can ask about those. I would bring up the possible side effects of cipro with the doctor. Taking it for 30 days is long enough to manifest the mitochondrial toxicity, cartilage damage or heart arrhythmia. If the doctor is OK with switching, maybe then you can ask about the tetracycline or a higher dose ampicillin.

Penicillin - Wikipedia

But if the Trimeth/Sulfameth class shows the closest lowest value next to Cipro, wouldn't the doctor be more agreeable to switch to that than one of the others you mentioned that has a higher value? Do you know if this class of drugs (Trimeth) fares better than Cipro for serious side effects?

meatbag

But if the Trimeth/Sulfameth class shows the closest lowest value next to Cipro, wouldn't the doctor be more agreeable to switch to that than one of the others you mentioned that has a higher value? Do you know if this class of drugs (Trimeth) fares better than Cipro for serious side effects?

Interesting, the devil's priests recently gave a family member of mine Sulfa for a bad stomach problem :watching:

I sometimes wonder if resistance to antibiotics was overblown to make and sell new drugs....

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

The penicilin and tetracyline varieties are the safest as far as I am concerned. Sorry but I can't second-guess what the doctor would agree to or not. I am just stating what I know. It is up to you and your doctor to agree what makes sense in this situation. If the cipro side effects scare you enough then why not bring that up with the doctor and ask why safer antibiotics (potentially in higher doses due to the higher number on the chart) cannot be substituted??

Kray

The penicilin and tetracyline varieties are the safest as far as I am concerned. Sorry but I can't second-guess what the doctor would agree to or not. I am just stating what I know. It is up to you and your doctor to agree what makes sense in this situation. If the cipro side effects scare you enough then why not bring that up with the doctor and ask why safer antibiotics (potentially in higher doses due to the higher number on the chart) cannot be substituted??

I had read negative things about fluoroquinones, mostly from the few comments found here on the forum. We have persisted every step of the way in trying a different option. Everything in me wants to tell my husband not to take this drug, but with bacteria in the blood, I think this was a game-changer in terms of drug options and treatment duration. Hoping we can get by with 3 weeks, which is what the ID doc had recommended.

I confirmed that the lab report did indeed match E.coli best/closest to Cipro than any other of the drugs listed. We have to think that the benefits of treating the infection outweigh possible risks, and hope for the best.

Thanks so much for your insights and quick response, I really appreciate it.

Dhair

I had read negative things about fluoroquinones, mostly from the few comments found here on the forum. We have persisted every step of the way in trying a different option. Everything in me wants to tell my husband not to take this drug, but with bacteria in the blood, I think this was a game-changer in terms of drug options and treatment duration. Hoping we can get by with 3 weeks, which is what the ID doc had recommended.

I confirmed that the lab report did indeed match E.coli best/closest to Cipro than any other of the drugs listed. We have to think that the benefits of treating the infection outweigh possible risks, and hope for the best.

Flouroqinolones are not even that old. It isn't like E. Coli wasn't treatable before these drugs were brought to the market. Newer/stronger drugs are not always better. In fact, we can clearly see them becoming progressively more dangerous.
I am probably much younger than your husband, and I had my life taken from me because of these drugs. I was given about a week's worth of 500mg Levaquin (the type of quinolone does not matter BTW - they all do the same thing). I could not finish the course of antibiotics before I ended up in the ER. I was told that I was simply dehydrated, and the side effects would go away. A year and a half later, I can not hold down a job, I have pops/zaps in my vision like a benzo withdrawal, debilitating brain fog, testosterone levels that would basically indicate chemical castration, and I am sometimes suicidal. I am not being hyperbolic, and a simple Google search would be able to show you that I'm definitely not the only person who was damaged in this way.
I would not try to scare you unnecessarily. I'm telling you the reality of my situation. I hope none of these things happen to your husband, and of course I'm not saying that they will, but his doctors are truly throwing caution to the wind. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I think if the doctor is OK with it, I would ask to add vitamin K and methylene blue to the therapy as they can protect the mitochondria somewhat during treatment and have anti-bacterial effects of their own. So, hopefully the doctor is not against them.

Wagner83

I've tried fat soluble vitamins without the d3 for a few days, tocovit, kuinone and retinil, for now the effects feel less powerful than estroban. Have people noticed different effects from supplementing fat soluble vitamins with similar doses to estroban? What about A, E, K2 without d3? I'm also considering the possibility that oral tocovit triggers sinusitis in my case but not sure yet.

RobertJM

I've tried fat soluble vitamins without the d3 for a few days, tocovit, kuinone and retinil, for now the effects feel less powerful than estroban. Have people noticed different effects from supplementing fat soluble vitamins with similar doses to estroban? What about A, E, K2 without d3? I'm also considering the possibility that oral tocovit triggers sinusitis in my case but not sure yet.

I've been doing it (with retinil/liver, tocovit, kuinone). Sometime I take d3 (now foods with MCT oil) along with it, but never consistently as I am unsure as to the chronic effects of supplemtal d3 (and I say that without ongoing tests revealing my levels). I say that as I've read the threads by Haidut talking about how d3 can be good for the gut (lowers serotonin there), but can also conversely increase brain serotonin (and the negative effects that would come from that). I'm confused, as I've read about d3 being almost like a steroid (so good for guys to optimise?), but I've also read about chronic levels being bad for sleep and/or sex drive.

Kray

I think if the doctor is OK with it, I would ask to add vitamin K and methylene blue to the therapy as they can protect the mitochondria somewhat during treatment and have anti-bacterial effects of their own. So, hopefully the doctor is not against them.

I reached out to Dr. Peat; here is his response:

"Excessive use of any antibiotic can cause a vitamin K deficiency by killing intestinal bacteria. B12 might be affected too."

Thanks for the tips you provided. On a similar thread, "Got Prescribed Ciprofloxacin Today...", I posted updated comments from today's office visit, will be on Cipro total 14 days. Will supplement as per yours and Peat's recommendations.

Kray

I've been doing it (with retinil/liver, tocovit, kuinone). Sometime I take d3 (now foods with MCT oil) along with it, but never consistently as I am unsure as to the chronic effects of supplemtal d3 (and I say that without ongoing tests revealing my levels). I say that as I've read the threads by Haidut talking about how d3 can be good for the gut (lowers serotonin there), but can also conversely increase brain serotonin (and the negative effects that would come from that). I'm confused, as I've read about d3 being almost like a steroid (so good for guys to optimise?), but I've also read about chronic levels being bad for sleep and/or sex drive.

Oral or topical? Peat says he uses fat-solubles only topically, not orally.

Kibs

Haidut is it possible to pay extra for a a quicker (preferably 7 days) delivery to the uk? Thanks.

Lilly

Haidut, where can I order your product? Also, does it contain retinol palmitate or retinyl palmitate?

Lilly

Just request the desktop site in your options id you are using a browser on a phone and the cart will appear at the bottom

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals