Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

Mito

Nope...100 and 250....Vitacost
Yes I might be too cautious about the supplements I’ll buy? Ray convinced me that excipients and possible heavy metal contamination in supplements is not worth the risk. So I pretty much only use Pure Encapsulations for capsule supplements.

B

Braveheart

It's so easy to get these nutrients through foods that people tend to overdose. Vit K2 as mk-4 is another example. Opening the capsule isn't troubling at all and there's the advantage of avoiding ingesting a suspicious gelatin. Just my opinion.
Can you overdose k2 mk-4??

Tom2.0

No, you can't really overdose on mk4, but no need to take more than 0.5-2mg (from what I've read), to be honest. Unless you're treating a condition.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Anders86

Would putting Energin in my fresh OJ would alter the Vitamin C content in any way? Just curious, thinking about the ethanol.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would putting Energin in my fresh OJ would alter the Vitamin C content in any way? Just curious, thinking about the ethanol.

Probably not, as there is not enough ethanol even in multiple Energin doses to cause interaction.

ddjd

Have you seen Peat's quotes saying "10mg (B6) is a BIG dose"? Hence the dosing in our supplement. And last but not least - we use P5P which is about 10-fold more effective than pyridoxine. So, 5mg P5P is about the same as taking 50mg pyridoxine Hcl.
do you think there are some benefits to pyridoxine that p5p perhaps doesnt offer?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would the B-vitamin ratio in this product be suitable to give to a dog?

Don't see why not, they are approved for human use and most vets do not have an issue with using human-approved vitamins in pets.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
do you think there are some benefits to pyridoxine that p5p perhaps doesnt offer?

Not really, P5P is the "active" vitamin B6 and with aging the conversion of pyrodoxine into P5P becomes very inefficient. So, in older people pyridoxine can cause side effects even at low doses in the sub-25mg range.

denise

I'm still testing this to make sure I'm not confounding my results with other supplements, BUT it seems that Energin on the scalp is the way to go for me (I'm not willing to have a yellow forehead!). I rarely notice much from Energin when I take even the full dose orally, and I don't notice anything if I apply it topically to my stomach, but putting 5-10 drops on my scalp has been giving me a really nice energy all morning. The energy is gone by about lunchtime, and I haven't yet tried taking it to work with me and applying more after lunch (though I'm sure I'd start some interesting conversations that way), but the mornings sure do feel good. I'd like to find a delivery method that would prevent yellow fingers and keep the Energin on my skin rather than on my hair strands, but I don't know what that would be. (I'm imagining a bottle with a tiny sponge tip, kinda like shoe polish.)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm still testing this to make sure I'm not confounding my results with other supplements, BUT it seems that Energin on the scalp is the way to go for me (I'm not willing to have a yellow forehead!). I rarely notice much from Energin when I take even the full dose orally, and I don't notice anything if I apply it topically to my stomach, but putting 5-10 drops on my scalp has been giving me a really nice energy all morning. The energy is gone by about lunchtime, and I haven't yet tried taking it to work with me and applying more after lunch (though I'm sure I'd start some interesting conversations that way), but the mornings sure do feel good. I'd like to find a delivery method that would prevent yellow fingers and keep the Energin on my skin rather than on my hair strands, but I don't know what that would be. (I'm imagining a bottle with a tiny sponge tip, kinda like shoe polish.)

Great feedback, thanks!
You can just cut off a small piece of kitchen sponge and use that to apply on scalp. Small ball of cotton also seems to work well. There will be some liquid loss since it will absorb and stay in these applicators but it will be small amount and the more often you use the less will be able to stay inside that applicator due to saturation.

Hey haidut I'd like to make a suggestion - create a formula without nicianmide for those looking to combine with liver cleansing / enhancing caffeine / k2 , and drop any of the b's that prevent this process from furthering

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey haidut I'd like to make a suggestion - create a formula without nicianmide for those looking to combine with liver cleansing / enhancing caffeine / k2 , and drop any of the b's that prevent this process from furthering

At these doses niacinamide should actually help with liver cleansing. Doses of 3g or more are usually needed to see detrimental effects on the liver. Also, B3 synergizes with B1 and B2 in terms of helping the liver excrete estrogen, and that helps the liver even more.

Bart1

@haidut I have received my energin today, really quick without issues (live in the Netherlands), thank you for that.

I have a question though, I applied 20 drops topically in the afternoon, but afterwards felt really tired and dizzy with slow heartbeat. What could be the cause of this ? With a normal multivitamin complex of thorne I don't have issues.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I have received my energin today, really quick without issues (live in the Netherlands), thank you for that.

I have a question though, I applied 20 drops topically in the afternoon, but afterwards felt really tired and dizzy with slow heartbeat. What could be the cause of this ? With a normal multivitamin complex of thorne I don't have issues.

Hypoglycemia can cause such symptoms. I would only use Energin with food, best taken after a meal.