Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
will the product be more concentrated in the future ?

Why would you need it to be more concentrated? Most people seem to do fine on even half (20 drops) of the daily dose (40 drops). So, the bottle usually lasts more than a month as it is.

Baleia

Re: Energin - custom, liquid dietary supplement with B vitam

All of the water soluble vitamins have certain solubility in ethanol and water. So the dosages are as close to the maximum solubility for each vitamin as possible. For vitamin B6 we only dissolved what Ray considers a good dose (i.e. <10mg).
Also, keep in mind that the old study "j." posted in another thread showed topical absorption close to 90% and it avoids the liver, so if you use this vitamin topically the plasma concentrations would be comparable to an oral dosage 15-20 times higher, which puts the thiamine way into the safe range.

hi haidut, thanks for the great product! my bottle says the serving size is 2ml (40 drops). so, are you saying that the equivalent topical dosage would be about 2 drops?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
hi haidut, thanks for the great product! my bottle says the serving size is 2ml (40 drops). so, are you saying that the equivalent topical dosage would be about 2 drops?

In theory yes, but most people have reported best effects from 5-10 drops topically.

Fred

Sorry if this has been asked before... but shouldn't this product be in an opaque bottle? Ray has said that riboflavin is very sensitive to light.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sorry if this has been asked before... but shouldn't this product be in an opaque bottle? Ray has said that riboflavin is very sensitive to light.

We do put is in an opaque bottle when we can get them from the supplier. If you keep it in a cabinet it should be OK even in transparent bottle.

Black Ops

Can some explain to me the 15x20 potentiation factor for the topical route?

Does It mean that topical application is similar to oral however the dose needs to be 15 to 20 times higher?

raypeatclips

why should that be a problem?

I am not sure, fellow Christmas RPF browser. I was unsure if there were any interactions between vitamins A/D/E/K and the B vitamins, when mixed topically. I was also unsure if the ethanol from energin would interact from the saran wrap which will be next to my skin for hours, but considering its in a plastic bottle, I wouldn't have thought so.

B

Braveheart

ah, mixed topically...don't know that either...wonder? Happy Holly Daze!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Still interested in this @haidut not sure if you have missed it.

They can be used at the same time but one if fat soluble (EstroBan) and the other water soluble (Energin). So, I would not apply on the same spot.

Antonello

@haidut do you think time overtime regular use of Energin is able to replenish any b vit deficiencies?
If the liver stores the b vitamins this let me think I actually don’t need to supplement one extra b on top of Energin, some day it will catch up enough amount in the liver and replenish deficiency.
I’m asking because I’m trying to fight some rosacea but I just don’t do well with just riboflavin.
10 drops Energin it’s fine more than that gives me headache even after a big meal.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut do you think time overtime regular use of Energin is able to replenish any b vit deficiencies?
If the liver stores the b vitamins this let me think I actually don’t need to supplement one extra b on top of Energin, some day it will catch up enough amount in the liver and replenish deficiency.
I’m asking because I’m trying to fight some rosacea but I just don’t do well with just riboflavin.
10 drops Energin it’s fine more than that gives me headache even after a big meal.

It should, that is the main legally allowed purpose of any B complex product - replenish stores and alleviate deficiencies. Headaches are common with B complex vitamins as they can cause hypoglycemia. So, I would always use with meal or sugary drink.

tomisonbottom

I haven't checked that. I keep taking the big doses daily because I feel like my body is still healing everyday. I have 6 decades of deficiency for my body to rebuild. I don't think 3 months is enough yet.

Are you still doing this? What kind do you use?

tomisonbottom

I don't think there is true upper bound but if you want to follow Peat's recommendations the upper limit would 40 drops x 3 daily.

I now we're not supposed to have too much B6........is that just because of B6, or are B2 and B7 problematic at larger doses, too?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I now we're not supposed to have too much B6........is that just because of B6, or are B2 and B7 problematic at larger doses, too?

Peat said B2 in high doses can cause oxidative stress, especialy when combined with light. B6 in higher doses can cause too much sympathetic activity as it inhibits COMT in higher doses. Also, it is a co-factor for both serotonin and dopamine synthesis and if not enough protein is eaten then B6 may raise serotonin production in the brain.

Tom2.0

I've been in the market for a quality yet decent dosed B supplement. Taking 2ml while eating a plentiful diet can over exceed RDA. Can the dose be split into 1ml increments and not 2? What is the reason to exceed the Upper tolerable intake of B1 (25mg from what I've read), B3(below 100mg for niacamide)

Are you considering the removal of synthetic Thiamin HCL as well as the use between niacin vs niacinamide?