Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I want to increase my B1 and B2 intake, but I'm not sure if the b6 would negate any benefits I could get while megadosis Energin. Have you think about making an Energin supplement without the b6 for crazy people like me who like to megadose?

Well, I try to make a supplement that would meet daily needs. For crazy megadosing, individual vitamins will probably have to be bought as that is not something most people are interested in.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Memorable,
After reading about it, I decided to confirm if b-vits can potentiate any problem by being growth-factors for bacteria. I ate gelatin, which happens to give me some reactions, followed by Energin: it was a mess, it took 3 days to clear the overall congestion.
I have no doubt that topical is safer in this regard.

Thanks, noted. If you feel like being brave again, I would repeat that experiment and only use B2 as it is supposed to antagonize endotoxin.

Lucenzo01

Well, I try to make a supplement that would meet daily needs. For crazy megadosing, individual vitamins will probably have to be bought as that is not something most people are interested in.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm interested in megadose B1 and B2. Not too crazy but looking at the studies you posted higher doses are maybe needed.

TeslaFan

supercoolguy said:
So little Boitin? Ive understood it to benefit hair growth, is it too expensive an ingredient? (most multi vits skimp on biotin for that reason ive read, long time ago) Ok Tnx

That is A LOT of Biotin. In fact, it is over 30 times the RDA, which is 0.03 mg. Biotin is a wonderful thing, but it is needed in trace, microgram amounts. Any more than RDA is just anti-androgen. Biotin is used to treat Androgenic Alopecia because it is anti-DHT in high amounts.
I think 1 mg is good for MS and Diabetes patients. Also, as @haidut pointed out Biotin is one of the B vitamins that has a tendency to accumulate, so taking 1 mg daily for months is probably more anti-androgen than anything else. @haidut, is it even possible to have an amount smaller than 1 mg in a supplement? 1 mg is the smallest amount I have seen among supplements. Something like 0.20 mg would be awesome.

paracelsus

Personal anecdote - my morning commute always feels a little stressful, and I'm easily agitated. I noticed energin in the morning with coffee, milk and sugar (sometimes gelatin) has helped with this. I generally feel less anxious at work too. I come from a habit of undereating though, probably has something to do with that. I think energin with meals helps me take in more calories effectively.

Amazoniac

@haidut - why do you think that in all of the vitamins tested the animals fared better with oral supplementation? Wasn't the dose enough to match the oral? Liver stores and distributes better? Good thing is that oral and topical were from supplements, so it's not a matter of foods being compared to purified nutrients.

Last edited:

johnwester130

why not use NADH ?

"This is a naturally occurring molecule found throughout the human body. It is a coenzyme involved in the manufacture of energy in the Krebs or citric acid cycle. NADH is an important electron carrier. Niacin (nicotinic acid) is converted to niacinamide, which is converted in the body to NAD. When NAD+ picks up 2 hydrogen electrons it makes NADH. NADH has a special role generating ATP (energy) through the oxidation of food molecules."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
why not use NADH ?

"This is a naturally occurring molecule found throughout the human body. It is a coenzyme involved in the manufacture of energy in the Krebs or citric acid cycle. NADH is an important electron carrier. Niacin (nicotinic acid) is converted to niacinamide, which is converted in the body to NAD. When NAD+ picks up 2 hydrogen electrons it makes NADH. NADH has a special role generating ATP (energy) through the oxidation of food molecules."

Because NADH is the reduced version. Every person with a health issue (except pellagra) has too much NADH and not enough NAD. We have mentioned the NAD/NADH ration as a health indicator quite a few times on this forum. It is NAD that we need and not NADH. But NAD is unstable in solution so a precursor like niacinamide is needed. Another option would be take methylene blue whith reoxidizes NADH back to NAD.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut - why do you think that in all of the vitamins tested the animals fared better with oral supplementation? Wasn't the dose enough to match the oral? Liver stores and distributes better? Good thing is that oral and topical were from supplements, so it's not a matter of foods being compared to purified nutrients.

It was probably from improved liver function. Oral vitamins preferentially target the liver.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Personal anecdote - my morning commute always feels a little stressful, and I'm easily agitated. I noticed energin in the morning with coffee, milk and sugar (sometimes gelatin) has helped with this. I generally feel less anxious at work too. I come from a habit of undereating though, probably has something to do with that. I think energin with meals helps me take in more calories effectively.

Excellent, thanks for sharing!

Hans

Forum Supporter
How much of each ingredient is in Energin? Should I look at the photo on the website, or at the description info on page 1?

milk_lover

Hi @haidut,

I go a lot outside and I would like to take some Energin when I eat food. I tried putting some drops in gelatin capsule but the water in Energin dissolves the capsule. DMSO products also dissolve the gelatin capsule due to water in the DMSO solution. SFA esters and ethanol seem to be ok with that regard. Would you have any easy way to take Energin on the go in a pocket or a wallet without taking the whole big bottle and making a scene in front of my friends?

I tried to dissolve it in Coke but carrying the plastic bottle with me all day long is impractical..

Waynish

Hi @haidut,

I go a lot outside and I would like to take some Energin when I eat food. I tried putting some drops in gelatin capsule but the water in Energin dissolves the capsule. DMSO products also dissolve the gelatin capsule due to water in the DMSO solution. SFA esters and ethanol seem to be ok with that regard. Would you have any easy way to take Energin on the go in a pocket or a wallet without taking the whole big bottle and making a scene in front of my friends?

I tried to dissolve it in Coke but carrying the plastic bottle with me all day long is impractical..

This is more of an issue for me with substances like cypro (that can be absorbed in the stomach/have desired action directly in small intestine) - why not drip energin into the mouth?

milk_lover

This is more of an issue for me with substances like cypro (that can be absorbed in the stomach/have desired action directly in small intestine) - why not drip energin into the mouth?
I take it in the mouth (not sexual!) but I was asking how I can have the substance (Energin) with me in the first place when I go outside.