"Elemental" Glycine In Trimethylglycine?

success23

Hello.

I wanted to try glycine for a long time thanks to this forum and i am also very interested in methylation.
I assume TMG is a "kill two rabbits with one stone" supplement. It is known that tmg releases its methyl groups and glycine is left. The question is how much glycine is left? How much glycine can i expect from 3 gram dose of TMG?

My google fu is getting rusty because i couldn;t find anything on the subject :D

If anyone tried tmg in the past please post your experience with it :) Thank you

Vesi

I was doing searches on glycine and noticed this one. I don't really have answer on your question, but wanted to mention that about 50-70% of methylation goes towards manufacturing creatine. I.e. if it was important, i would just use creatine monohydrate to top off reserves in muscles, and therefore lessen bodys need to methylate, instead of using expensive methylation supplements to drive process that would lead to manufacturing it.

ddjd

creatine is basically methionine. not a peaty option

Methylation isn't a peaty option either if you wanna play that game :emoji_thinking:

OP
S

success23

I have this curse that people reply to my threads couple of months after i post them :D

Just joking :)

Bought it. Tried it. Made me super sleepy everytime. Guess the glycine is doing its job as a cortisol suppressant. No other benefits/negative side effects.

BingDing

creatine is basically methionine. not a peaty option

Creatine is synthesized from glycine and arginine, none of them have any sulfur which is a big part of methionine's properties. Creatine is used to resynthesize ATP from ADP in muscle. ???

DNA methylation may not be peaty but dozens of other methylation reactions are entirely peaty
:emoji_musical_score:Love and marriage
Go together like a horse and carriage
This I tell you brother
You can't have one without the other
:emoji_musical_score:

ddjd

Creatine is synthesized from glycine and arginine, none of them have any sulfur which is a big part of methionine's properties. Creatine is used to resynthesize ATP from ADP in muscle. ???
As far as i knew it's glycine, methionine and arginine

ddjd

Arginine also bad idea re nitric oxide

Pet Peeve

tmg might shunt methionine from the other pathways and potentially leave you with deficiencies, e.g. taurine deficiency

AJA

I had too much stimulation from TMG. It seems like it built up and made it difficult to sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals