ECA Stack

cyclops

Nothing has ever produced as much euphoria and goodfeelings as the ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack. Boundless energy and great mood. But, as far I understand it, it's not good and not recommended by Peat. Also what goes up must come down, and when you stop taking it, its not a good time.

Wondering if someone could explain the mechanism behind how ECA works? Would like to understand what produces the euphoria.

Or does anyone have any idea of a supplement that could produce the same effects? Thanks.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

What is it in ephedrine that creates the effect of feeling so good? Dopamine?

jitsmonkey

Ephedrine without ample fuel = Adrenaline
Adrenaline = feels good for many
It also has anti-histamine properties
it can also increase FFAs

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Ephedrine without ample fuel = Adrenaline
Adrenaline = feels good for many
It also has anti-histamine properties
it can also increase FFAs

Adrenaline (or too much, as in what ephedrine causes) is considered to be bad though right? Why does it feel good?

Anti-histamine is good though. Increasing FFAs is bad, trying to keep that down.

Is there any other mechanism ephedrine could cause that would lead to euphoria? Or is it just adrenaline?

jitsmonkey

Adrenaline (or too much, as in what ephedrine causes) is considered to be bad though right? Why does it feel good?

Anti histamine is good though. Increasing FFAs is bad, trying to keep that down.

Is there any other mechanism ephedrine could cause that would lead to euphoria? Or is it just adrenaline?

adrenaline feels awesome

... until it doesn't

You need to initiate a stress response to bring it up.
It feels good on the way up and at the top of the response
for many. For others it feels like anxiety.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I wish I could tell what these things feel like, like many people on this forum. Some are able to say that is the feeling of high or low adrenaline, high or low dopamine, high or low serotonin, etc...

jitsmonkey

I wish I could tell what these things feel like, like many people on this forum. Some are able to say that is the feeling of high or low adrenaline, high or low dopamine, high or low serotonin, etc...

Don't assume they're right.
Most are just talking Charlie Manson quality gibberish.
The ones who aren't, get it from lots of experience and experimentation.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Don't assume they're right.
Most are just talking Charlie Manson quality gibberish.
The ones who aren't, get it from lots of experience and experimentation.

Yea, I guess I have do more research on adrenaline. Do you think ephedrine could ever be beneficial or taken safely? Or the cons outweigh the pros?

You also said ephedrine without ample fuel, I wonder about ephedrine with ample fuel. It seems having lots of fuel is something needed when taking most any supplement.

jitsmonkey

The basis of everything that ray writes re: metabolism, stress, etc...
revolves around the minimization of the stress response via better metabolism
and stress cascade initiation.

I would anticipate the "euphoria" you're seeking from ephedrine would be undesirable and stress related.
its a stimulant like caffeine, speed, etc.... under fueled its problematic.

Fueled its unlikely to be problematic (at lease regarding this particular scenario) and I'd imagine it has some medicinal properties however in that scenario it likely would not offer the "feeling" you're looking for.

Other than it functioning with some anti-histamine properties like most stims
I don't know what else it offers that's different or similar to caffeine.

Cocaine is probably a far fetched comparison however it FEELS fantastic.
FAR better than ephedrine (a friend told me;-). But among other things, at its most basic
level its impossible to fuel enough for it not to be ridiculously stressful.
(among other problematic characteristics ;-)

OP
cyclops

cyclops

The basis of everything that ray writes re: metabolism, stress, etc...
revolves around the minimization of the stress response.
I would anticipate the "euphoria" you're seeking from ephedrine would be undesirable and stress related.
its a stimulant like caffeine, speed, etc.... under fueled its problematic.
Fueled its unlikely to be problematic and I'd imagine it has some medicinal properties
however in that scenario it likely would not offer the "feeling" you're looking for.
Other than it functioning with some anti-histamine properties like most stims
I don't know what else it offers that's different or similar to caffeine.

Cocaine is probably a far fetched comparison however it FEELS fantastic.
FAR better than ephedrine ;-). But among other things, at its most basic
level its impossible to fuel enough for it not to be ridiculously stressful.

This is interesting and helpful. Thanks. So it seems that all these stimulants produce euphoric feelings when you are under-fueled.

This actually holds true in regard to caffeine. Before eating a Peatish Diet (when I was always underfueled through fasting or low carb) coffee used to feel great. I would really look forward to it, especially on empty stomach. Now coffee does not produce nearly the same effect and I hardly look forward to drinking it.

Also when I used to fast, I'd feel really good and energetic at times, again probably adrenaline through being under-fueled.

I guess the body produces adrenaline when under-fueled or overstimulated, to get you through whatever you need to get through?

It would be great to produce the effect and feeling of adrenaline then without having to be underfueled. It really feels amazing. Like best feeling ever.

jitsmonkey

This is interesting and helpful. Thanks. So it seems that all these stimulants produce euphoric feelings when you are under-fueled.

This actually holds true in regard to caffeine. Before eating a Peatish Diet (when I was always underfueled through fasting or low carb) coffee used to feel great. I would really look forward to it, especially on empty stomach. Now coffee does not produce nearly the same effect and I hardly look forward to drinking it.

Also when I used to fast, I'd feel really good and energetic at times, again probably adrenaline through being under-fueled.

I guess the body produces adrenaline when under-fueled or overstimulated, to get you through whatever you need to get through?

It would be great to produce the effect and feeling of adrenaline then without having to be underfueled. It really feels amazing. Like best feeling ever.

I think loosely your caffeine parallel is accurate.
There are other things going on with caff as well
caffeine makes me sleepy
when I was a child I remember my grandparents and elder uncles and aunts drinking several
cups of coffee AFTER dinner and sleeping was never a concern.
for many when their liver doesn't work well or if they are underfueled or both
they get jittery or anxious.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I think loosely your caffeine parallel is accurate.
There are other things going on with caff as well
caffeine makes me sleepy
when I was a child I remember my grandparents and elder uncles and aunts drinking several
cups of coffee AFTER dinner and sleeping was never a concern.
for many when their liver doesn't work well or if they are underfueled or both
they get jittery or anxious.

Yes caffeine did have a bit of hit or miss component to it, there were sometimes it made me tired and I was confused as to why coffee was making me tired that day.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Sometimes I think a Peat diet and many of these supplements lower stress hormones too much. Too the point Im so not stressed out and just want to sleep all the time. Maybe some stress hormones are beneficial.

jitsmonkey

I think there are at least two potential aspects to that
a) you may in fact be being made "sleepy" by something you're taking that you don't need and or something you're lacking
b) many people do not know how to live life without stress hormones at the forefront. Its a new experience. Without the stim of stress
pushing them forward into action of some sort some people literally don't know how to live their lives.
c) this list could be 20 items long instead of two ;-)

Last edited:
OP
cyclops

cyclops

b) many people do not know how to live life without stress hormones at the forefront. Its a new experience. Without the stim of stress
pushing them forward into action of some sort some people literally don't know how to live their lives.

Maybe because many of us grow up in a certain culture thinking we have to achieve and gain so much and do do do and adrenaline and many "diets" support that. Then once you change and get less stressed you feel like you're not keeping up or you dont have the same attitude you once did and are more chill.

jitsmonkey

Maybe because many of us grow up thinking we have to achieve and gain so much and do do do and adrenaline and many "diets" support that. Then once you change and get less stressed you feel like you're not keeping up or you dont have the same attitude you once did and are more chill.

This has been my personal experience 100%.
I don't think it has to equate to "doing nothing", being uninspired or lazy.
It just equates to reprioritization and having your focus and attention on things without the need for having your hair on fire.
Sadly I think this would be VERY difficult with a conventional "chain of command" "boss/employee" type vocation.

tomisonbottom

I feel ya.

200 mg caffeine after a good meal of protein and sugar will sometimes give me a bit of that; maybe not euphoria, but really great energy (both physical and mental), focus, mood and motivation, so I think you can get at least some of that from a Peaty perspective

Risingfire

Nothing has ever produced as much euphoria and goodfeelings as the ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack. Boundless energy and great mood. But, as far I understand it, it's not good and not recommended by Peat. Also what goes up must come down, and when you stop taking it, its not a good time.

Wondering if someone could explain the mechanism behind how ECA works? Would like to understand what produces the euphoria.

Or does anyone have any idea of a supplement that could produce the same effects? Thanks.
Did you get off yet? Did you crash?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals