Ebastine & IBS-D (where To Buy Online?)

Nick21

I have been reading some rather interesting studies noting that antihistamines could help with IBS-D. One of the drugs is called ebastine, and I am wondering if anyone has taken it, and if they could recommend an online site where it could be ordered without an rx.

Thanks.

SOMO

No experience with this compound, but a natural and still potent antihistamine is Quercetin, also found in the skins of onions.
Once in a while I will brew a tea of (organic and washed) onion skins I have left over from peeling onions for dinner. It actually tastes like hearty veggie broth and feels soothing to the digestive tract.

OP
N

Nick21

No experience with this compound, but a natural and still potent antihistamine is Quercetin, also found in the skins of onions.
Once in a while I will brew a tea of (organic and washed) onion skins I have left over from peeling onions for dinner. It actually tastes like hearty veggie broth and feels soothing to the digestive tract.

Thanks for the input. I have tried quercetin and was hopeful but it does not seem to work for me and may excaerbate some symptoms for reasons I do not understand. However, I may try reincluding it in this h1/h2 trial I am undertaking. My BMs seem formed, but the intense cramping and urgency remain right after eating. However, it seems ketotifen paired with an h2 (pepcid or zantac) may eliminate or minimize those issues. I will know for sure during today's trial when I use ketotifen for breakfest and supper. The interest in ebastine relative to other h1 I have experimented with (aerius, claritin, zyrtec) is because ebastine is specifically mentioned in a recent study.

SOMO

Thanks for the input. I have tried quercetin and was hopeful but it does not seem to work for me and may excaerbate some symptoms for reasons I do not understand. However, I may try reincluding it in this h1/h2 trial I am undertaking. My BMs seem formed, but the intense cramping and urgency remain right after eating. However, it seems ketotifen paired with an h2 (pepcid or zantac) may eliminate or minimize those issues. I will know for sure during today's trial when I use ketotifen for breakfest and supper. The interest in ebastine relative to other h1 I have experimented with (aerius, claritin, zyrtec) is because ebastine is specifically mentioned in a recent study.

I've experienced that stomach issues like GERD, heartburn are often the result of hypochloria (not enough stomach acid.) Do you get these issues if you eat a plain starch meal (white rice or potatoes?)
I think taking pepcid or zantac could be counteracting your stomach acid, and leading to poor digestion of proteins.
Poorly digested proteins leave the stomach largely intact and we know at least some of these proteins are active, like lactoferrins in whey which have immune system effects. But proteins are also antigens and allergens.

It might seem the complete opposite, but people often find relief with digestive issues/stomach issues from cabbage or sauerkraut juice or the liquid stuff that floats to the top of yogurt when it separates before meals. Raw cabbage juice is probably better than sauerkraut since it is possible the sauerkraut has histamine in it from the fermentation process. Also diluted vinegar with meals helps create a more acidic environment in the stomach.

Unless you have an ulcer, which you did not mention, I don't think pepcid/zantac is a long term solution.

Do you eat cheese? Cheese is both constipating and somewhat allergenic.

OP
N

Nick21

Thanks for the input. I have the MAO-A mutation, although I am now thinking that the impact on histamine may play a role in the serotonin problem, rather than directly. I never previously experienced GERD, but rather ibs-d, fatigue, headaches, frequent urination, and cold extremeties.