Eat Your Gummy Bears: Fructose Very Healthy With Gelatin

OP
Crazycoco

Crazycoco

Ahah yes that's my problem too. I dont know how they do that

OP
Crazycoco

Crazycoco

May be they remove the micro omega 3 to have such a... Damn good saturation you cannot have at home;)

(friendly joke;)

L

lollipop

@Such_Saturation I have made pretty good gummies using 2 tablespoons gelatin and 1 cup of liquid (2/3 cup juice and 1/3 cup honey).

I have even made it using hot chocolate as the liquid. Cook liquid on low until it gets warm (not hot to touch), stir in slowly the gelatin until it totally dissolves. Then pour in container and put in fridge until cold and firm. Cut up. I keep in the fridge but also keeps fine outside of fridge in cool room.

@Such_Saturation I have made pretty good gummies using 2 tablespoons gelatin and 1 cup of liquid (2/3 cup juice and 1/3 cup honey).

I have even made it using hot chocolate as the liquid. Cook liquid on low until it gets warm (not hot to touch), stir in slowly the gelatin until it totally dissolves. Then pour in container and put in fridge until cold and firm. Cut up. I keep in the fridge but also keeps fine outside of fridge in cool room.
Mine are either slush or ballistic gel, never in between :ss

OP
Crazycoco

Crazycoco

In France i saw a brand of gummy bears with the following ingrdients : fruits, gelatin, coconut oil
May be coconut oil is great to avoid slushing gummy bear.

Wilfrid

In France i saw a brand of gummy bears with the following ingrdients : fruits, gelatin, coconut oil
May be coconut oil is great to avoid slushing gummy bear.
Please share the name of the brand!!!!
Thanks, coco.

OP
Crazycoco

Crazycoco

Yo Wilfrid,

Chez naturalia you have oganic gummy bears with organic gelatin and organic fruit juices. Chez G20 i found bears with coconut oil but i dont remember the brand. I'll Check it!

Barefootgirl555

It's not difficult to approximate the texture of commercial gummy bears if you dry them after the gelatin sets. After they set up and are relatively solid, place them in a bed of cornstarch over night. I use a shallow Rubbermaid container with a lid on it, put them in the fridge (as long they remain with a higher level of moisture, they will go bad more quickly at room temperature). After sleeping in the cornstarch bed overnight, I put them in a dehydrator on low *otherwise they turn into little puddles of liquid* for a few hours. Voila, firm, chewy bears that taste like commercial bears, except with healthier ingredients....also another tip, add a pinch of citric acid at the end of the liquid processing to intensify the flavor - concentrating flavor and drying the bears is what sets them apart from regular homemade bears.

To your health :)

L

lollipop

It's not difficult to approximate the texture of commercial gummy bears if you dry them after the gelatin sets. After they set up and are relatively solid, place them in a bed of cornstarch over night. I use a shallow Rubbermaid container with a lid on it, put them in the fridge (as long they remain with a higher level of moisture, they will go bad more quickly at room temperature). After sleeping in the cornstarch bed overnight, I put them in a dehydrator on low *otherwise they turn into little puddles of liquid* for a few hours. Voila, firm, chewy bears that taste like commercial bears, except with healthier ingredients....also another tip, add a pinch of citric acid at the end of the liquid processing to intensify the flavor - concentrating flavor and drying the bears is what sets them apart from regular homemade bears.

To your health :)
Great info. Thank you! Curious, does anything else work besides cornstarch?

Barefootgirl555

I have never tried anything else, so I don't know. It's what used by commercial manufacturers and it's very cheap.

Back
Top Bottom