Dopamine Raising (list)

YourUniverse

I’m undecided on MP myself. I can feel the dopamine effect from them, but sometimes I can get delayed strange effects from them—that leave me feeling like something is off and imbalanced. And, they can make my liver hurt; though, Inread that your liver can’t hurt, technicality. So, maybe something close by it.

Have you experienced nothing but good from them?
I feel Mucuna helps me. The only downside is the beany taste, but it works. I also notice it deepens my voice for a while after...

Mossy

I feel Mucuna helps me. The only downside is the beany taste, but it works. I also notice it deepens my voice for a while after...
Ok. I’ll keep it on my try again list.

paymanz

Saffron is also interesting.

And manganese doesn't necessarily lower dopamine!

Light

I feel Mucuna helps me. The only downside is the beany taste, but it works.
How about habituation? Do you need more and more to feel the same?
And btw, what do you feel?
How does it effect your motivation? Cognition?
And also (one last also...) does it create highs and lows when you take it or does it have a steady effect that can last throughout the day?

LeeLemonoil

Rapid Antidepressant Action and Restoration of Excitatory Synaptic Strength After Chronic Stress by Negative Modulators of Alpha5-Containing GABA<sub>A</sub> Receptors
https://www.biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(14)00299-6/fulltext

If motivation and a refreshed, clear mental state and desire to be productive is the goal then dopamine is not the end-all.
Recent research into affective disorders has shown that depressive, lethargic patients bebefit greatly from negative allosteric modulators of GABAa.
The a5-Subunit type is the target for alot of novel medicines, but I have coincidentaly used Androsterone-Sulfate which has broadly the same effects.
I used is as a pheromone but its self-effects as a mental refresher and motivater, thought and speech-enhancer is imprssive. And I talk about miniscule dosages of ~50 microgramm applied as an ethaolic-watery solution somwhere close to the mouth/nose to inhalat a few molecules, just like a perfume.
Androsterone-Sulftae is an NMDA-Antagonist and GABAa-negative modulator, as are the research compounds used in the referenced studies, and Ketamie is as well.

Depressive patients that are extremely immobile, dismotivated and lethargic suffer among other things from overactive GABAa-activity, so negatively modulating thse without antagonisizing them makes you a lot more motivated and fresher.

YourUniverse

How about habituation? Do you need more and more to feel the same?
And btw, what do you feel?
How does it effect your motivation? Cognition?
And also (one last also...) does it create highs and lows when you take it or does it have a steady effect that can last throughout the day?
I dont know, I havent exceeded a teaspoon in a day. Ive also heard its tolerance forming, but I havent really felt that. I feel like it improves motivation, probably decreases stress a little. Aids in task completion.

Wagner83

Rapid Antidepressant Action and Restoration of Excitatory Synaptic Strength After Chronic Stress by Negative Modulators of Alpha5-Containing GABA<sub>A</sub> Receptors
https://www.biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(14)00299-6/fulltext

If motivation and a refreshed, clear mental state and desire to be productive is the goal then dopamine is not the end-all.
Recent research into affective disorders has shown that depressive, lethargic patients bebefit greatly from negative allosteric modulators of GABAa.
The a5-Subunit type is the target for alot of novel medicines, but I have coincidentaly used Androsterone-Sulfate which has broadly the same effects.
I used is as a pheromone but its self-effects as a mental refresher and motivater, thought and speech-enhancer is imprssive. And I talk about miniscule dosages of ~50 microgramm applied as an ethaolic-watery solution somwhere close to the mouth/nose to inhalat a few molecules, just like a perfume.
Androsterone-Sulftae is an NMDA-Antagonist and GABAa-negative modulator, as are the research compounds used in the referenced studies, and Ketamie is as well.

Depressive patients that are extremely immobile, dismotivated and lethargic suffer among other things from overactive GABAa-activity, so negatively modulating thse without antagonisizing them makes you a lot more motivated and fresher.
Thanks, what other substances would have those effects?

LeeLemonoil

Thanks, what other substances would have those effects?

I know only of DHEA-Sulfate as another substance with the same effects, but I remember reading some study that it differs in some MoA-detail to Rone-Sulfate.
The adavantage of both is that one can actually passively inhale them instead of taking systemic supps. It’s much cheaper and probably a lot less side-effect prone. I‘d never thought that sulfated steroids act on the cns so quickly and in so tiny doses, but they do

Light

Thanks @jamies33, how long have you been taking a tsp/day with good results?

@LeeLemonoil that's really interesting stuff and completely new for me.
Do you actually mean that just smelling DHEA-sulfate/Androsterone-Sulfate would have those anti-depressive effects?
That would be amazing.

Andman

auto-effects of some pheromone products can indeed be very strong, ive experimented with them in the past

Curiousman

KyleKingsly

I think this is absolutely fascinating and highly groundbreaking, but as someone that suffers from bad social anxiety, wouldn't even a microdose worsen my anxiety? If it does, would doing this while on something that works on GABA B like phenibut reverse the anxiety? The thing is that I'm not depressed in the slightest, I'm incredibly happy but I do tend to procrastinate and lack motivation for long term tasks that I can't see the importance of right now. I'm not very disciplined (I may have some form of ADHD, prob PI) and I'm always looking for a way to improve that thru biohacking beyond the obvious meditation and willpower answers.

managing

I think this is absolutely fascinating and highly groundbreaking, but as someone that suffers from bad social anxiety, wouldn't even a microdose worsen my anxiety? If it does, would doing this while on something that works on GABA B like phenibut reverse the anxiety? The thing is that I'm not depressed in the slightest, I'm incredibly happy but I do tend to procrastinate and lack motivation for long term tasks that I can't see the importance of right now. I'm not very disciplined (I may have some form of ADHD, prob PI) and I'm always looking for a way to improve that thru biohacking beyond the obvious meditation and willpower answers.
For me, testosterone impacts procrastination more than anything else. One drop of gonadin at bedtime and a) I sleep like a baby and b) th enext day I am productive AF. Now, there may be a secondary GABA effect. Above my pay grade. But this is the best route for me.

lampofred

I think a lot of mucuna sold now isn't purely the seed. Includes the stem/other parts of the plant, which has loads of serotonin.

LeeLemonoil

Allosteric modulation is not the same thing as blocking/antagonizing I assume.
I can’t tell for certain, but I don’t think that negative allosteric Modulation would worsen your anxiety. It really seem to help depressed people, and anxiety is surely a comorbidity for many affected people.
I‘m not depressed and generally would say don’t experience social anxiety more than a normal nervousness in some situations.
Androsterone-Sulfate usage as described in my post has done nothing but increasing self-assurance and confidence but in a calm and natural-feeling way.
You think quicker and calmer and verbal fluency and intelligence is increased or you can better access your abilities in this areas.
GABA-A and B seem to be very different in effects, but maybe using phenibut alongside those sulfates is a good combo, I have no experiences with nootropics though.
Shoot me a pm if you‘d like to try androsterone-Sulfate aerosol. It’s cheap and the vendor is reliable.

not

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom