Does Red Light Affect Hair Colour Or Texture?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Depends. The heat of the light could dry out your hair I think it largely depends on that. I know for myself after about 6 months of use it greatly improved the texture and quality of my hair. My hair went from frizzy and unmanageable to wavy and smooth.

OP
M

Motif

Cool, thanks.

Does it help with other things too? Hair loss or skin issues ?

Soren

Forum Supporter
OP
M

Motif

Yeah, I was reading a lot about that, but I'm really interested in personal experiences when it comes to prevent or reverse wrinkles or skin diseases

Soren

Forum Supporter
Yeah, I was reading a lot about that, but I'm really interested in personal experiences when it comes to prevent or reverse wrinkles or skin diseases

My own personal experience is it has improved my skin health, thyroid health, overall metabolism and hair health. Not saying it has completely reversed hair loss or anything but my hair and scalp are a lot healthier. Also my mother who has parkinsons disease has seen a massive improvement in her mood, energy levels and symptoms overall from using a full body device daily.

Prosper

My beard gets a reddish tingle when it is exposed to the summer sun. This goes away after 1-2 weeks.

ddjd

Does anyone else feel like red light from LEDs offer nowhere near the same benefits as from incandescents. I've used a lot of LED devices and different wavelengths and I always go back to good old incandescents

biggirlkisss

uv can turn hair red by damaging it Im thinking happens to me couple years back. Blocking uv stoppped this.

OP
M

Motif

My own personal experience is it has improved my skin health, thyroid health, overall metabolism and hair health. Not saying it has completely reversed hair loss or anything but my hair and scalp are a lot healthier. Also my mother who has parkinsons disease has seen a massive improvement in her mood, energy levels and symptoms overall from using a full body device daily.

Sounds good!

I got a Philips infrared r95e 100 Volt lamp here. Is this useful ?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Does anyone else feel like red light from LEDs offer nowhere near the same benefits as from incandescents. I've used a lot of LED devices and different wavelengths and I always go back to good old incandescents

I've never used incandescents but I have had very good results from LEDs as long as they had sufficient power.

benaoao

This is absolutely awesome. Glad it’s helping you and your mom!

Soren

Forum Supporter
I think the blue light / red light topic is key nowadays. Especially with so much hypothyroidism around us.

Dr. Jack Kruse - EMF, sunlight and your mitochondria - Podcast #135

I’m glad I’m mostly interacting on the internet through my phone which has the orange filter option, I don’t even know how much good it does though. At least it’s not straight blue light / white screen.

If you want to be able to use your computer and block out the blue light there is a free program called f.lux. Basically does the same thing as a blue light filter on the phone.

f.lux

franc0

Maybe my acnes improved slightly, but that could just be naturally what was going to happen anyway,
in terms of hair, I can't see a difference, starting to lose faith in this forum unfortunately.

benaoao

@franc0 i tend to think red light is helpful but there’s more to sunlight than that? Plus think of how people supplement fish/algae oil in order to “balance out” omegas 6.

First mistake is not reducing what’s harmful (reduce omegas 6/blue light), second mistake would be spending money on a supplemental tool (fish oil/red light) instead of getting the real deal (cold water fish/sun).That said if your acne improves and the only variable added is the red light then it’s a sign of a better state of overall inflammation. Maybe your diet is different idk.

Like the neurosurgeon above says, think of a “sun break” kinda like people do cigarettes break. If it’s tolerated for them it’s good for you.

If you want to be able to use your computer and block out the blue light there is a free program called f.lux. Basically does the same thing as a blue light filter on the phone.

f.lux

Good one thank you

Soren

Forum Supporter
Maybe my acnes improved slightly, but that could just be naturally what was going to happen anyway,
in terms of hair, I can't see a difference, starting to lose faith in this forum unfortunately.

Health is complex and many health issues such as hair loss are the result of many years of underlying issues that will not be solved overnight. Everyone is looking for a quick fix but it often takes years of trial and error before one figures out what is right for you. No forum or resource has all the answers you have to assess and judge for yourself what works for you at the end of the day.

benaoao

@Soren this f.lux seems to be promising. I went full on “no blue light no green light” mode. Pretty weird red screen but who cares. Vision doesn’t seem to be impacted after hours of staring at excel and word documents. Maybe that’s a major game changer.

Soren

Forum Supporter
@Soren this f.lux seems to be promising. I went full on “no blue light no green light” mode. Pretty weird red screen but who cares. Vision doesn’t seem to be impacted after hours of staring at excel and word documents. Maybe that’s a major game changer.

Ha yea the the full red screen is pretty different like the view if you were a terminator. I stick with the candle or dim incandescent.