Do B Vitamins Deplete Any Other Vitamins Or Minerals?

nostalgic

I took a complex B vitamin pill today and 7 hours later I feel like crap, so bad I'm omw to the ER. Any ideas?

Lurker

There are some ingredients in b-complex that are not good for long term good health. Probably something else going on though and I hope you can get it sorted quickly.

InChristAlone

I used to feel that way after certain b vitamins but I'm now taking low doses of all the B's and doing good! It also depends on the form especially folate/folic acid and B12, and B3. The other ones should be pretty safe no matter the dose, though could make you feel panicky if your blood glucose drops.

Vinero

Most vitamin B complex products I have tried give me allergic reactions and gut irritation.
I think Ray is right when he says that it's best to avoid most supplements because of allergic reactions and contamination.

"Because the quality of commercial nutritional supplements is dangerously low, the only supplement I generally advocate is vitamin E, and that should be used sparingly. Occasionally, I will suggest limited use of other supplements, but it is far safer in general to use real foods, and to exclude foods which are poor in nutrients"

Energin from Idealabs is an exception though, nothing but good results from that :)

Last edited:
OP
N

nostalgic

What did ER say? What were your symptoms? Do you still think it was related to b vitamins?
The doctor just sent me home with anxiety relieving pills. Honestly I have no idea what it is but I feel almost deadly sick, dunno if my poor nutrition for the last 8 months is the culprit or not. I'm even worse today so I'll go visit them again soon. Wish me luck.

Frankdee20

I take a B complex by Pure Encapsulations and love it. Although I could just supplement Thiamine for the alcohol abuse

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals