DNP: 2,4-Dinitrophenol

DaveFoster

Considering a conservative dose, let's say 50-100 mg per day, does DNP possess toxic effects?

Namely, issues with cataracts and rashes exist, which indicates some kind of oxidative damage/histamine release.

What causes this and will this be present with low-doses of the compound over the span of one's entire lifetime?

Drareg

Sign of missing vitamins and minerals maybe, sky high metabolism will cause it.
First guess would vitamin A but don't forget vitamin E here. B bits.

Vitamin E deficiency is rare but it has symptoms you are mentioning in particular the eye,the pufa in the eyes are easily oxidised.
Any nerve issues or anaemia
Vitamin E deficiency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Sign of missing vitamins and minerals maybe, sky high metabolism will cause it.
First guess would vitamin A but don't forget vitamin E here. B bits.

Vitamin E deficiency is rare but it has symptoms you are mentioning in particular the eye,the pufa in the eyes are easily oxidised.
Any nerve issues or anaemia
Vitamin E deficiency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Very insightful Drareg.

It makes one think that the body lowers metabolism in order to prevent damage from PUFA oxidation; it's a necessary adaptation.

Drareg

Ray Peat does mention somewhere that dnp can directly cause cataracts itself.
I think he mentioned DMSO can reverse it.

michael94

I took it back in the day, 500mg
made me lose weight like crazy and I took rectal temps before every dose
anything over 99.8 or so and I didn't take a dose ( that's the recommended safe practice in fitness circles ), I doubt you'd need those precautions at such a low dose however
didn't have any ill effects but it was only for 3 weeks

"It makes one think that the body lowers metabolism in order to prevent damage from PUFA oxidation; it's a necessary adaptation."

Yup yup and not just pufa but heavy metals, endotoxin, etc

tomisonbottom

Considering a conservative dose, let's say 50-100 mg per day, does DNP possess toxic effects?

Namely, issues with cataracts and rashes exist, which indicates some kind of oxidative damage/histamine release.

What causes this and will this be present with low-doses of the compound over the span of one's entire lifetime?

Did you ever try it?

Lowdose69

The guy from enhanced athlete posted studies showing people losing weight using dnp and t3 together. Most of his internet content is down but the studies should be somewhere online. Something like 50 mcg t3 daily and 100 mg dnp EOD for a year .

I've run it for a few weeks at 200 daily . Feel like crap on it and retain lots of water but it does work .I did get some peripheral neuropathy in my feet last time I tried it .

does anyone have experience with this compound. i want to take take 100 mg/day for a 3 week period to shred 10-15 pounds. i think its safe at doses under 250/day. i guess it all depends on if your source doses it right.

you can actually do a burn test to see if your DNP is real, im just worried about if the seller misdoses the DNP i could get ****88.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-6a6VkEzIo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GSn3roMSco

IMG_2456.jpg

currently trying the high dose aspirin uncoupling method with coffee and gelatin, but the results are lackluster.

took 1 gram 3 times a day for a week straight but stopped after seeing no weight loss, my temps increased significantly and i felt great. but i also started getting some ringing in my ears after a few days, so i stopped.

GorillaHead

took 1 gram 3 times a day for a week straight but stopped after seeing no weight loss, my temps increased significantly and i felt great. but i also started getting some ringing in my ears after a few days, so i stopped.
So your temps went up but u still didnt lose weight. Did u every try dnp? I just ordered some.

I am curious how we can increase uncoupling naturally

GorillaHead

So guys I hopped on DNP today 150mg. Wow i am warm. Like the perfect kind of warm. My biggest biggest concern is cataracts. I will be doing nac eye drops daily as prevention and vitamin c and vitamin E and vitamin A and a B complex especially b2

I am still very concerned about cataracts as I have read 5 cases online about guys who got cataracts and they were all using anti oxidants they didnt use nac eye drops tho or b complexes.

If hall have any additional advice to help mitigate damage let me know. Besides dont do dnp. Thanks.

Murtaza

So guys I hopped on DNP today 150mg. Wow i am warm. Like the perfect kind of warm. My biggest biggest concern is cataracts. I will be doing nac eye drops daily as prevention and vitamin c and vitamin E and vitamin A and a B complex especially b2

I am still very concerned about cataracts as I have read 5 cases online about guys who got cataracts and they were all using anti oxidants they didnt use nac eye drops tho or b complexes.

If hall have any additional advice to help mitigate damage let me know. Besides dont do dnp. Thanks.
Keep us updated. ive always wanted to try it but reports online about it are very mixed.

AspiringSage

DNP is a really fascinating mitochondrial decoupler. I suspect that it will eventually reappear in anti aging circles and or as a pulsed micro/low dosed weightless aid. I suspect that pairing with asprin would improve results. But I don’t have any direct personal experience with DNP. The quality of record keeping by self experimenters varies wildly as does their reporting to open forums. So, your contribution to open research is appreciated.

You are probably aware; but, this is seriously enough that it bears repeating. DNP has a fairly long and disputed half-life (3 hours to 14 days in various sources). I think most researchers figured that it was a little over a week. If you take 150mg every day or every third day you might be gradually accumulating a dangerous dose.

My lab ferret thinks you should be very careful with your research subject. It’s easy to think you are doing okay on a low fixed dose that is actually gradually accumulating. Please track your heart rate and temp, avoid pairing with other stimulates. Consider keeping a bag of ice in your freezer you may need to make an ice bath to cool down. Consider charting your dose on a paper spread sheet and keep it handy if you have to call emergency services. Consider adding DNP to any med alert displayable from your smart phones lock screen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals