denise

Does this product also potentiate the effects of nicotine?
My guess would be yes, although in practice, I never noticed that it did. (I've used Diamant and then had a smoke within 30 minutes of taking it on a number of occasions, and don't recall consistently feeling an extra nicotine hit.)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok, but other SSRIs do not lead to hair loss or very little apparently, and as I said I've not seen my well bein correlate with shedding. There could be other causes than just serotonin and cortisol, otherwise Peat's substances would always stop hair loss, so far I don't think they have (not for all).

Yeah, I think the SSRI's have different effects depending on the drug. Even though they are all lumped into the SSRI group this is probably misleading as some of them are way more serotonergic than others and some are even serotonin antagonists. I think the most successful ones (and the safest) are the strongest antagonists at 5-HT2C and the strongest inducers of allopregnanolon synthesis.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does this product also potentiate the effects of nicotine?

I would say only if it is administered together - i.e. somehow the nicotine was dissolved in it and rubbed on the skin or ingested.

So here's my experience. I will narrate for my rat, who is in his little cage, and can't talk or write.

If Rat could write he would say this:

I started with maybe two or three drops orally per day and built up to maybe 10 or 12 drops.

I like the way I feel with this. But the higher dosages cause me to crash in the afternoon. I think it was adrenaline being too low. My temperature would fall and I would feel really cold and have to put on a jacket, as if I had had too much reverse thyroid in my body.

So I cut back the dose and that didn't happen today.

I also think I get more headaches. Headaches are always a problem for me, but I still think that I feel overall better with this. I may stop taking it for a while. Not sure where it fits in, in the scheme of things.

So ends my hypothetical Rat tail.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So here's my experience. I will narrate for my rat, who is in his little cage, and can't talk or write.

If Rat could write he would say this:

I started with maybe two or three drops orally per day and built up to maybe 10 or 12 drops.

I like the way I feel with this. But the higher dosages cause me to crash in the afternoon. I think it was adrenaline being too low. My temperature would fall and I would feel really cold and have to put on a jacket, as if I had had too much reverse thyroid in my body.

So I cut back the dose and that didn't happen today.

I also think I get more headaches. Headaches are always a problem for me, but I still think that I feel overall better with this. I may stop taking it for a while. Not sure where it fits in, in the scheme of things.

So ends my hypothetical Rat tail.

Thanks for the feedback. The feeling of cold is actually a sign body temps went up, not down. So, I would measure body temp when this happens. I think most rats feel best on around 10 drops split into 2 daily doses of 5 drops each. Have not seen reports yet that 10 drops did not work but 20 drops did. It seems powerful enough to have great effects even in low doses.

Thanks for the feedback. The feeling of cold is actually a sign body temps went up, not down. So, I would measure body temp when this happens. I think most rats feel best on around 10 drops split into 2 daily doses of 5 drops each. Have not seen reports yet that 10 drops did not work but 20 drops did. It seems powerful enough to have great effects even in low doses.

Thank you. I took my temperature during the day and I was definitely cold.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut which Serotonin receptor does amantadine antagonise?

The studies on amantadine and rimantadine showed antagonism of 5-HT2 but the the pro-dopamine effects of the adamantanes leads to inhibition of TPH and thus reduced overall serotonin synthesis systemically. I think that is more important than specific receptor antagonism.

Koveras

@haidut

Any thoughts on the pathogenesis of anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis and the benefits or risks of NMDA antagonism here?

Wagner83

Has anyone tried to combine diamant with the SFA ester version of e.g. pansterone or androsterone? If so what were the results and how does it compare to dmso in terms of potency?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Any thoughts on the pathogenesis of anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis and the benefits or risks of NMDA antagonism here?

I think this is a very rare condition and probably other factors than just NMDA are involved as well. Do you know of anybody who has had such encephalitis?

Koveras

I think this is a very rare condition and probably other factors than just NMDA are involved as well. Do you know of anybody who has had such encephalitis?

"There has been a rapid increase in the characterization of encephalitis associated with antibodies to cell surface or synaptic proteins, starting with the report of 4 patients with prominent psychiatric symptoms who rapidly progressed into hypoventilation and coma. The disorder was subsequently identified as anti-NMDA receptor (NMDAR) encephalitis, now the best characterized and most frequently recognized autoimmune encephalitis, demonstrating that “newly identified” does not always mean “infrequent” or “rare.”"

It seems to be a common feature of encephalitis now that they've been able to test for it / know what to look for. Possibly overlapping with multiple sclerosis, parkinsonism and other demyelinating diseases.

I may have answered my own questions a bit with further research - ovarian teratomas seem to be the most common cause, although other malignancies seem to predispose as well. Some evidence of viral involvement and speculation around vaccines. I would guess like other autoimmune conditions excesses of estrogen and stress and deficiencies of protective steroids are involved, and there was one case study that noted a possible benefit of Coenzyme Q10 further hinting at the metabolic/mitochondrial side.

Also found these comments:

"Catatonia resistant to benzodiazepine and electroconvulsive therapy has been treated with NMDA-antagonists (amantadine and memantine). Theoretically, however, these may exacerbate anti-NMDA-receptor encephalitis"

"Further evidence to suggest that antibodies are involved in the down regulation of NMDA receptors can be demonstrated by the use of NMDA-receptor antagonists such as ketamine and phencyclidine, which can cause symptoms similar to anti-NMDA-receptor encephalitis, including psychotic behaviour, signs of involvement of dopaminergic pathways (rigidity, dystonia, orofacial movements, tremor) and autonomic dysfunction.”

Steene

So I skimmed through the whole thread but I am still unsure how to use the Gonadin + Adamantane combo.

- orally 8 drops Gonadin + 8 drops Adamantane
- topically 8 drops Gonadin + 8 drops Adamantane

What would be best?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hold on is diamant a 5ht3 antagonist like memantine?

Possibly, but it has not been studies directly. All adamantane derivatives so far seem to increase dopamine synthesis and lower serum serotonin, through as of yet unidentified mechanism.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I skimmed through the whole thread but I am still unsure how to use the Gonadin + Adamantane combo.

- orally 8 drops Gonadin + 8 drops Adamantane
- topically 8 drops Gonadin + 8 drops Adamantane

What would be best?

They seem to have different effects when used through different routes. I would start with topical.

chimdp

@haidut I understand taking this a few hours away from large doses of k2 because of the vit e, but I wasn't sure if this avoidance also apply Lapodin? I guess this question would also apply to MitoLipin and Lapodin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I understand taking this a few hours away from large doses of k2 because of the vit e, but I wasn't sure if this avoidance also apply Lapodin? I guess this question would also apply to MitoLipin and Lapodin?

Yes, I would avoid taking any of the quinone products at the same time as vitamin E containing ones. A few hours of waiting is usually enough to avoid issues.

Ogilvie

Yes, I would avoid taking any of the quinone products at the same time as vitamin E containing ones. A few hours of waiting is usually enough to avoid issues.

This is interesting and new to me. One question and one idea come to mind.

Question - why avoid taking quinones and vitamin E too close together in time; what are potential negative side effects?

Idea - a chart that shows which of haidut's supplements can be taken together and which to take separately.

My lab rat uses several items from idealabs and I previously didn't realize that some shouldn't be used together. I've spent quite a bit of time reading this forum over the last two years, but as we all know, there's a lot to absorb. So a chart that helps easily show visually a daily timetable would be helpful.

My general idea - in the am before breakfast, it's safe to use a, b, c, d together. With breakfast, at least two hours later, e, f, g, h. And so on, but in visual chart form, perhaps Venn diagram could work, or perhaps more of a spreadsheet layout. This could be incredibly helpful for many of us who haven't had the time to absorb all of the information in each thread for every idealabs product. Thank you.