Vinero

The dissociation is from NMDA antagonism, and magnesium and ketamine have the same effects. The NMDA antagonism seems to be the mechanism behind the rapid antidepressant effects of ketamine, magnesium and the adamantane derivatives.
Yes I know NMDA antagonists cause dissociation. I was just saying that high doses of Diamant do not give a pleasant feeling for me, too much dissociation.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes I know NMDA antagonists cause dissociation. I was just saying that high doses of Diamant do not give a pleasant feeling for me, too much dissociation.

Understood, thanks. I personally almost never use the full dose. The 10mg range seems optimal for every day use.

Vinero

Understood, thanks. I personally almost never use the full dose. The 10mg range seems optimal for every day use.
I agree. Up to 10 mg gives me a nice mood lift. Do you think that the anti-viral, anti-bacterial effects of Diamant are active at this low dose? Or are higher doses required? Amantadine comes in 100 mg tablets for the treatment of influenza (the flu). I can't seem to tolerate more than 10 mg.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I agree. Up to 10 mg gives me a nice mood lift. Do you think that the anti-viral, anti-bacterial effects of Diamant are active at this low dose? Or are higher doses required? Amantadine comes in 100 mg tablets for the treatment of influenza (the flu). I cant seem to tolerate doses higher than 10 mg.

Adamantane is the most lipid soluble of them all so much lower doses are usually needed. The other adamantane derivatives are usually designed to be more water soluble as to reduce half-life and avoid build up in tissues.

Diokine

Something interesting I noted, not related to use of diamant but to its smell. I sucked on some rosemary this morning (I love the smell and taste, and it's very calming) and a few hours later my breath smells exactly like diamant. Not at all surprising as it contains compounds that are very similar.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Something interesting I noted, not related to use of diamant but to its smell. I sucked on some rosemary this morning (I love the smell and taste, and it's very calming) and a few hours later my breath smells exactly like diamant. Not at all surprising as it contains compounds that are very similar.

Interesting. The smell of adamantane and its derivatives is described as camphor-like. I wonder is rosemary contains something similar to camphor...

Vinero

Diamant seems to go really well with BCAAs. I Have been experimenting with lowering serotonin with BCAAs lately again. It seems that the anti-serotonin effect is amplified by Diamant.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Diamant seems to go really well with BCAAs. I Have been experimenting with lowering serotonin with BCAAs lately again. It seems that the anti-serotonin effect is amplified by Diamant.

My experience as well. Diamant seems to be dopaminergic more than anything else and this lowers TPH activity and thus serotonin. The BCAA deplete brain tryptophan so there is even less to make serotonin from and the effects are thus additive.

denise

As I mentioned months ago, I found that taking either Gonadin or Diamant on their own didn't do much, but taking them together was amazing. Over the summer I stopped taking them to experiment with other things, but recently I started playing with them again and realized that it's not simply taking them both together that works—I have to already have Gonadin in my system for a couple days before I'll feel anything from taking Diamant.
@haidut can you think of why this would be?

Obi-wan

I get dissociation at 5 drops and don't want to speak with anyone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
As I mentioned months ago, I found that taking either Gonadin or Diamant on their own didn't do much, but taking them together was amazing. Over the summer I stopped taking them to experiment with other things, but recently I started playing with them again and realized that it's not simply taking them both together that works—I have to already have Gonadin in my system for a couple days before I'll feel anything from taking Diamant.
@haidut can you think of why this would be?

Maybe Diamant increases steroid synthesis, as many pro-dopamine substances can do. Not sure, have not seen any reports like that before or in the literature.

ddjd

@haidut fyi package arrived fine in cologne without any customs issues.

Took 20 drops of diamant today in 2 x 10 drops a few hours apart, and really noticed mood lift, I felt very positive, taking nothing too seriously, everything was kind of water off a ducks back. Very nice. Also I noticed the positive Serotonin reduction benefits- I always know because my hair sheds very easily when Serotonin is high and no hair out today at all.

Might try in combo with gonadin next.

Haidut any idea why high Serotonin causes my hair to shed?

ddjd

Given that it is extremely lipophillic it probably builds up, so you can get the same effects from multiple smaller doses over time as you'd from a single larger dose. But the single larger dose would probably produce more intense effects.
About 400 IU vitamin E per ml, which means about 20 IU per drop. We will try to reduce the vitamin E to no more than 10 IU per drop.
Do you use the same vitamin E as used in your tocovit supp haidut?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you use the same vitamin E as used in your tocovit supp haidut?

Nope, as that would jack up the price a lot and the tocopherol from wheat germ is really unique to mix with other chemicals.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut fyi package arrived fine in cologne without any customs issues.

Took 20 drops of diamant today in 2 x 10 drops a few hours apart, and really noticed mood lift, I felt very positive, taking nothing too seriously, everything was kind of water off a ducks back. Very nice. Also I noticed the positive Serotonin reduction benefits- I always know because my hair sheds very easily when Serotonin is high and no hair out today at all.

Might try in combo with gonadin next.

Haidut any idea why high Serotonin causes my hair to shed?

Serotonin suppresses metabolism, which affects hair growth first. People on SSRI drugs often experience hair shedding, so your experience matches the theory.

Wagner83

Serotonin suppresses metabolism, which affects hair growth first. People on SSRI drugs often experience hair shedding, so your experience matches the theory.
That's odd I felt a lot better the past weeks and I shedded hair like crazy at some point during this time, as far as I am concerned hair health has rarely correlated with my own health. Of course some people argue that hair shedding is not immediate but delayed, or that a new cycle of hair may be growing, but I have not seen much evidence proving Ray or your views on hair loss could be right. Of course I could be wrong and there could also be many different reasons to shed hair.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That's odd I felt a lot better the past weeks and I shedded hair like crazy at some point during this time, as far as I am concerned hair health has rarely correlated with my own health. Of course some people argue that hair shedding is not immediate but delayed, or that a new cycle of hair may be growing, but I have not seen much evidence proving Ray or your views on hair loss could be right. Of course I could be wrong and there could also be many different reasons to shed hair.

The part of SSRI causing hair shedding it pretty well known, so it is not my theory. Prozac (fluoxetine) is the most notorious one for that side effect.
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/crips/2015/703453/
"...Many medications can cause hair loss, although the mechanism has not been fully understood [1]. Psychotropic drugs are considered to cause hair loss by affecting particularly the telogen phase of the hair production [10]. Side effects of these drugs affecting hair are not only limited to the hair loss. They have been suggested to be changing the structure and the colour of the hair as well [11]. Drug-induced hair loss usually occurs within the first 3 months of the treatment [12]. In addition, other antidepressant medications may cause telogen hair loss too. Fluoxetine is the most common SSRI causing hair loss [13]. In a review on this issue, hair loss was found to be present after fluoxetine use in 725 cases and in 6, 7, and only 3 cases using fluvoxamine, paroxetine, and sertraline, respectively [10]."

Wagner83

The part of SSRI causing hair shedding it pretty well known, so it is not my theory. Prozac (fluoxetine) is the most notorious one for that side effect.
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/crips/2015/703453/
"...Many medications can cause hair loss, although the mechanism has not been fully understood [1]. Psychotropic drugs are considered to cause hair loss by affecting particularly the telogen phase of the hair production [10]. Side effects of these drugs affecting hair are not only limited to the hair loss. They have been suggested to be changing the structure and the colour of the hair as well [11]. Drug-induced hair loss usually occurs within the first 3 months of the treatment [12]. In addition, other antidepressant medications may cause telogen hair loss too. Fluoxetine is the most common SSRI causing hair loss [13]. In a review on this issue, hair loss was found to be present after fluoxetine use in 725 cases and in 6, 7, and only 3 cases using fluvoxamine, paroxetine, and sertraline, respectively [10]."
So if we understand how prozac works and how it differs form the other SSRIs perhaps this can give us a clue on what triggers the hair loss?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Wagner83

Well, SSRI like fluoxetin increase cortisol and prolactin levels, which Peat said are two of the main causes of hair loss.
Reversible galactorrhea and prolactin elevation related to fluoxetine use. - PubMed - NCBI
Pharmacological causes of hyperprolactinemia
Ok, but other SSRIs do not lead to hair loss or very little apparently, and as I said I've not seen my well bein correlate with shedding. There could be other causes than just serotonin and cortisol, otherwise Peat's substances would always stop hair loss, so far I don't think they have (not for all).