Diabetes Type 1. Can It Be Cured?

Lucenzo01

Hi, I'm asking because my girlfriend is suffering this illness since she was 14. I have seen a lot of evidence of some vitamins preventing the development of the illness, but no one about reversing it. Is there any way of cure it?

Tarmander

Not that I have found and I have been looking for awhile. Most claims of cure turn out to be some manipulation of the honey moon period. Long term I have never seen a verified claim. Maybe some kind of bone marrow transplant after radiation, but at that point the cure might be worse then the sickness.

OP
L

Lucenzo01

Not that I have found and I have been looking for awhile. Most claims of cure turn out to be some manipulation of the honey moon period. Long term I have never seen a verified claim. Maybe some kind of bone marrow transplant after radiation, but at that point the cure might be worse then the sickness.

Thanks for your answer. I have been giving her some vitamins and implementing some habits and she has reduced her insulin's dose at half. But I think it must be curable. Hell, you can even cure cancer, ffs.

Tarmander

Thanks for your answer. I have been giving her some vitamins and implementing some habits and she has reduced her insulin's dose at half. But I think it must be curable. Hell, you can even cure cancer, ffs.

Seems like it should be curable...yes...but there have been no spontaneous remissions as far as I have found, like in cancer. We must entertain the idea that something has gone so wrong in some part of the body to be incurable. You would think at this point, with the millions of cases, there would be at least some spontaneous cures, or turn arounds, or difference in pathology. But I have yet to see a credible case, nor a repeatable claim. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, doctors remarked that the sugar wasting disease resulted in death 100% of the time, and the earlier it was diagnosed, the sooner the death.

If you are on a desert island, type 1 diabetes will kill you a higher percentage of the time compared to almost every other disease state. It's 100%. Now, if you grew up on a desert island, do you even have a chance of getting type 1? That's another question.

TibRex

Texas Researchers Cure Diabetes in Mice

Researchers at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio have cured Type 1 diabetes in mice without side effects. The treatment would also allow people with Type 2 diabetes to stop insulin shots.

The new discovery increases the number of pancreatic cells that secrete insulin.

"It worked perfectly," said Bruno Doir, Ph.D, co-inventor of the technique. "We cured mice for one year without any side effects. That's never been seen. But it's a mouse model, so caution is needed. We want to bring this to large animals that are closer to humans in physiology of the endocrine system."

The therapy uses a technique called gene transfer. A virus is used as a vector, or carrier, to introduce selected genes into the pancreas. These genes become incorporated into the organ and cause digestive enzymes and other cell types to make insulin.

Gene transfer using a viral vector has been approved nearly 50 times by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration to treat various diseases, said DeFronzo, and is a proven treatment for rare childhood diseases.

The next step will be to test the new therapy on larger animals, and hopefully advance to large-scale human studies within three years.

Source: http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/cure-diabetes-mice-beta/2017/05/05/id/788352/

TibRex

Type 1 Diabetes: Molecule Identified to Regenerate Insulin-Producing Cells

There is yet another way to revive pancreatic beta cells, the ones that produce insulin. This involves introducing the neurotransmitter called G A B A into the system. According to researchers at the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM), GABA could induce the regeneration of insulin-producing cells. The b r e a k t h r o u g h was confirmed in mice and partially validated in humans, and it brings new hope to patients suffering from type 1 diabetes

In mice, GABA induces the continuous, yet controlled, regeneration of pancreatic alpha cells and their transformation into insulin-producing beta cells. The regenerated cells are functional and can cure chemically-induced diabetes multiple times.

In humans, the scientists found that the number of glucagon-producing alpha cells was reduced by 37% and the number of insulin-producing cells increased by 24% in pancreatic islets treated with GABA.

The team of researchers discovered that this effect could be induced without any genetic modification using GABA which is naturally present in the body and also available as a dietary supplement."

In the body, GABA is synthesized from an amino acid called glutamic acid. Dietary sources of glutamic acid include cod, soybeans, almonds, cheese (Parmesan, Gouda, Edam, Gruyère) and veal

"These results are truly encouraging for a putative application in humans. Accordingly, a pilot clinical trial will soon be initiated to determine whether GABA may effectively help patients with type 1 diabetes," the researchers conclude.

(GABA = acronym for Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)

Source: http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Diabetes/Type-1-diabetes-molecule-GABA/2016/12/05/id/762178/

Amazoniac

Natural Cures for Type 1 Diabetes: A Review of Phytochemicals, Biological Actions, and Clinical Potential

upload_2018-10-19_13-57-51.png

upload_2018-10-19_13-57-56.png

@Tarmander

rei

Fasting+progesterone will probably be most effective regeneration. Fasting alone is known to regenerate pancreatic cells among all other cells in the body.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Fasting+progesterone will probably be most effective regeneration. Fasting alone is known to regenerate pancreatic cells among all other cells in the body.

Could you be so kind as to share some evidence or studies demonstrating this. Many thanks.

poilochio

I'm a typ1 since 2013
The only thing that really helps me is very low fat around 30gramms a day plus low to no starch. Even cooked veggies shoots my BS sky high.
FRUITS are my best friends need little insulin for fruits.

Kartoffel

Seems like it should be curable...yes...but there have been no spontaneous remissions as far as I have found, like in cancer.

I think it is not surprising that no cases have been reported since all people that are diagnosed are immediately put on daily insulin injections. Ray has repeatedly talked about how doctors in the 19th century used large amounts of sugar to cure the so called sugar disease. He also said that his own father cured his diabetes by eating large amounts of brewer's yeast.

artemis

Ray has repeatedly talked about how doctors in the 19th century used large amounts of sugar to cure the so called sugar disease. He also said that his own father cured his diabetes by eating large amounts of brewer's yeast.

Yes, he did say that. Talk about things that sound "implausible." I tried it. I tried fasting, lots of sugar, lots of brewer's yeast, and some other things that haidut had posted about like high-dose aspirin, B1, etc. (not all at the same time, of course! I'm dumb, but not that dumb)...I ended up in the emergency room in DKA, near death. I fought taking insulin until I couldn't fight anymore.

Kartoffel

Yes, he did say that. Talk about things that sound "implausible." I tried it. I tried fasting, lots of sugar, lots of brewer's yeast, and some other things that haidut had posted about like high-dose aspirin, B1, etc. (not all at the same time, of course! I'm dumb, but not that dumb)...I ended up in the emergency room in DKA, near death. I fought taking insulin until I couldn't fight anymore.

I am really sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to suggest that you did anything wrong or that these approaches are neccessarily proven ways to cure diabetes. I just wanted to point that I don't believe diabetes to be an incurable disease, and that research suggesting potential curative factors exists.
What tests/results were used to make your diabetes diagnosis?

artemis

What tests/results were used to make your diabetes diagnosis?

hba1c (was 13.2 at time of diagnosis), C-peptide (showed I was making no insulin at all), and GAD antibodies (showed very high levels). This all happened at age 52, after trying the Peat WOE for around 5 months (and also stopping estrogen and starting progest-E, as I mentioned in the other post)

Soren

Forum Supporter
hba1c (was 13.2 at time of diagnosis), C-peptide (showed I was making no insulin at all), and GAD antibodies (showed very high levels). This all happened at age 52, after trying the Peat WOE for around 5 months (and also stopping estrogen and starting progest-E, as I mentioned in the other post)

Sorry I am slightly confused here. Did you become type 1 diabetic after doing the Peat WOE for 5 months or were you already type 1 diabetic?

EtienneAmelie

I once took progesterone for fracture healing (2 weeks, topical, 5-6mg), it ended up in severe hypoglycemia crisis whenever I ate carb, constant vertigo, scary panic attacks, which took three depressing weeks to stop.

Kartoffel

I once took progesterone for fracture healing (2 weeks, topical, 5-6mg), it ended up in severe hypoglycemia crisis whenever I ate carb, constant vertigo, scary panic attacks, which took three depressing weeks to stop.

So, progesterone causes both severe hyperglycemia with a lack of insulin, and severe hypoglycemia? Seems to me we have to settle for one of them or come up with a good theory of how progesterone just makes everything worse.
By the way, 5-6mg of progesterone is a very small dose, and you don't absorb terribly much when you apply it topically (probably less than 50%). Therefore, it seems a little far fetched to assume that 2-3mg of additional progesterone caused such a dramatic effect.