DHT Vs Testosterone Safety

cyclops

I know that DHT is androgenic and Testosterone is anabolic.

I think Peat has said that a couple milligrams of either per day is a safe and possibly beneficial thing. I think he told someone he would like to try DHT and that it is actually safer then DHEA.

Does anyone have an opinion on a when a man in his 30s may want to experiment with these? More interested in the DHT as there seems to be conflicting info on the internet.

If a man wanted to feel more masculine, but not necessarily more muscular, would DHT be a smart thing to try out?

Jsaute21

I know that DHT is androgenic and Testosterone is anabolic.

I think Peat has said that a couple milligrams of either per day is a safe and possibly beneficial thing. I think he told someone he would like to try DHT and that it is actually safer then DHEA.

Does anyone have an opinion on a when a man in his 30s may want to experiment with these? More interested in the DHT as there seems to be conflicting info on the internet.

If a man wanted to feel more masculine, but not necessarily more muscular, would DHT be a smart thing to try out?

Good questions and i would estimate you will get different answers from different people on this. I think after the age of 24 or 25, your age should be irrelevant if you are thinking about using these products. What i mean by that is there are 60 year old men with more favorable androgen profiles and genetics than 30 year olds. Not many, but there are cases where this is true. It all depends on how you are feeling. I was deathly afraid of trying any of Haidut's "steroids" until i decided to, and not one negative side effect occurred. My metabolism is still on its way to recovery but i am a fairly healthy guy and experienced no "shutdown" or anything severe. I think i have driven my cortisol too low a couple of times, but nothing long term detrimental. Haidut has posted many studies that generally prove a positive feedback loop from conservative administration.

I would recommend using androsterone in moderate doses for an androgenic boost a couple of days a week. You will feel leaner, stronger, calmer etc. I barely notice the difference on days i do take it and days that i don't. Unless using in unphysilogical doses, there seems to be really no harm in experimenting with these "Steroids." I also recommend taking breaks just for peace of mind. An old member, natedawggOut of the ones i have experimented with I would rank them as follows:
  • androsterone
  • kdht
  • tyromax
  • dhea
  • Preg (truly don't notice a difference besides getting tired)
  • 5adhp

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Yea, but enough about those "steroids," what about the REAL DHT?

Jsaute21

Yea, but enough about those "steroids," what about the REAL DHT?

There have been quite a bit of posts on this topic and even quotes from RP saying that yes it's safe.

Has anyone had positive effects from proviron? No shutdown, etc.

Madato

Let me give you my first hand experience with DHT:

29 year old, healthy, hormone blood values top of normal range except for DHT which is in lower tier of range.
Disatisfied with this value, I decided to experiment with DHT.

I have bought Proviron (pharma grade from Bayer) + Andractim + Androhard gel (androsterone).

I started with 25mg proviron twice a day, 3 applications of Andractim a day and 2 applications of Androhard.

Results:
slight mood uplift for 1,5 days, lost a lot of subq water and was peeing all day.
All after that have been negative effects: loss of libido and penile size, joints hurting, and overall symptoms of low testosterone.
I stopped after 4 days and took some Clomid to make sure I recovered.

I knew this would happen but I wanted to be positive about it. DHT supplementation obviously shut me down and drove my Estrogens way too low, so in it can't be ran as a standalone, you have to throw Testosterone or at least HCG in the equation.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

29 year old, healthy, hormone blood values top of normal range except for DHT which is in lower tier of range.

I have bought Proviron (pharma grade from Bayer) + Andractim + Androhard gel (androsterone).

I started with 25mg proviron twice a day, 3 applications of Andractim a day and 2 applications of Androhard.

Results:
slight mood uplift for 1,5 days, lost a lot of subq water and was peeing all day.
All after that have been negative effects: loss of libido and penile size, joints hurting, and overall symptoms of low testosterone.

I knew this would happen but I wanted to be positive about it. DHT supplementation obviously shut me down and drove my Estrogens way too low, so in it can't be ran as a standalone, you have to throw Testosterone or at least HCG in the equation.

I think Peat recommends like 2-3mg of DHT a day max though. I was wondering about that amount. I think if you take 50mg a day it's too much.

Madato

I think Peat recommends like 2-3mg of DHT a day max though. I was wondering about that amount. I think if you take 50mg a day it's too much.

3mg a day is far less than the amount you have naturally, while shutting you down, so it would overall lower your DHT levels.

There is no other way to look at it than either you totally replace it along with testosterone, or you don't do it.
There is no half-assing it, it doesn't make any endocrinological sense.

Wagner83

Results:

You took way too much (not saying you should take any).

Wagner83

There have been quite a bit of posts on this topic and even quotes from RP saying that yes it's safe.

Has anyone had positive effects from proviron? No shutdown, etc.
I think @Nick Ireland had a post on this but he's been away for a while, god knows what happens to these guys whose lives are changed but you don't hear about anymore.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

3mg a day is far less than the amount you have naturally, while shutting you down, so it would overall lower your DHT levels.

There is no other way to look at it than either you totally replace it along with testosterone, or you don't do it.

So why do Peat and people on this site recommend that amount. If someone took that amount everyday for a week, you think they'd stop producing their own?

You took way too much (not saying you should take any).

How much would you recommend?

Madato

So why do Peat and people on this site recommend that amount. If someone took that amount everyday for a week, you think they'd stop producing their own?

Because the endocrinology mechanisms knowledge on this board is rather limited.
As much as the dietary knowledge when I see that milk and coke are recommended.

I don't know what your health/aesthetic goals are though

OP
cyclops

cyclops

What's wrong with milk? I think a coke once in a while is similar to sugar which Peat advocates.

My health goal is perfect health. My aesthetic goal is greek god.

Wagner83

I don't recommend anything, but proviron twice a day is already 50 mg of dht like steroids then you add two more products on top of that.

Jsaute21

Milk is healthy for hormones. I used to be obsessed with lifting & was involved with the chicken and broccoli fitness advice, with almond milk protein shakes. Why is milk and mexican coke unhealthy in your view?

Also, you should probably check @haidut's various posts on hormones. If that guys views on endocrinology are limited, then Tom Brady sucks at throwing footballs.

Jsaute21

I think @Nick Ireland had a post on this but he's been away for a while, god knows what happens to these guys whose lives are changed but you don't hear about anymore.

There lives probably get exponentially better. I love this forum and have learned a great deal but there is nothing healthy about spending a lot of time on an online forum. Very Low T activity TBH. When i am busy with work, socially, and metabolism is firing on all cylinders, i don't have a whole lot of time to browse online forums.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I don't recommend anything, but proviron twice a day is already 50 mg of dht like steroids then you add two more products on top of that.

Well do you think its true what Madato said?

Jsaute21

What's wrong with milk? I think a coke once in a while is similar to sugar which Peat advocates.

My health goal is perfect health. My aesthetic goal is greek god.

Personally, i would say that nothing is wrong with milk. I would suggest taking tyromax or tyromix, androsterone & K2 for DHT increase personally.

Ron J

Have any members done blood tests while on low dose of DHT? I think haidut has done blood tests with positive results.

Risingfire

You were taking a ridiculous amount. I've taken 10 mgs of Keto DHT for a week and there was no shutdown. Not sure where you're getting that info

OP
cyclops

cyclops

You were taking a ridiculous amount. I've taken 10 mgs of Keto DHT for a week and there was no shutdown. Not sure where you're getting that info

Madato looks like you got some splaining to do.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals