Scenes

Anyone who's tried them able to compare DeFibron with metergoline or lisuride or oxidal?

They're all designed to have similar effects it seems...

Nokoni

Scar on forehead now pretty much imperceptible. (Friend: "What happened to the bump on your forehead. It's gone now.")

(Been there 50+ years, collision on pop-up, doc couldn't find bleeder squirting on the wall beside me so just stitched it close, cyst forms around remaining pieces of teammate's teeth, surgery to remove cyst, remove stitches and wound opens right back up, more stitches to close again, so fair amount of scar tissue.)

Not sure if credit goes to Defibron or niacinamide, both of which topical on face daily.

Fractality

Scar on forehead now pretty much imperceptible. (Friend: "What happened to the bump on your forehead. It's gone now.")

(Been there 50+ years, collision on pop-up, doc couldn't find bleeder squirting on the wall beside me so just stitched it close, cyst forms around remaining pieces of teammate's teeth, surgery to remove cyst, remove stitches and wound opens right back up, more stitches to close again, so fair amount of scar tissue.)

Not sure if credit goes to Defibron or niacinamide, both of which topical on face daily.

How much did you apply and for how long?

Nokoni

How much did you apply and for how long?
Defibron -- few drops. Niacinamide -- 1/8 tsp, but applied elsewhere too. Both for a couple months.

Nokoni

Hasn't DeFibron only been out a few weeks?
Time dilation be real. So maybe credit goes more to niacinamide, use of which goes back many moons. Or Defibron is fast. Whichever. I wasn't using either to address scar. (One doesn't even notice stuff after 50 years.) "Where's your scar?" Look in mirror. No scar. Cool. Nice side effect of something.

Nokoni

Time dilation be real. So maybe credit goes more to niacinamide, use of which goes back many moons. Or Defibron is fast. Whichever. I wasn't using either to address scar. (One doesn't even notice stuff after 50 years.) "Where's your scar?" Look in mirror. No scar. Cool. Nice side effect of something.
Just remembered. More evidence possibly supporting niacinamide. Got a yellow jacket buried in my right arm for 45 years or so where I missed. (Lesson there, boys and girls -- don't shoot left-handed.) Never varied in size. Starting splashing niacinamide on skin however many months ago (never trust a junkie, current or former, with time estimates, apparently). It's now <25% of size from few months back. Quite amazing.

biffbelvin

I've been a long time lurker but felt the need to register to share my results.

I've been taking 5 drops in oj and another 5 with dinner (alongside 4drops estroban)

After 5 days i feel much more calm but in a more 'stoic' way. By that i mean that when i do feel negative i feel much more conscious of where it's coming from and i can let it go instead of dwelling on it stubbornly.

I also feel more 'present' and aware/appreciative of my surroundings, which is interesting as I've been content to just be in my own head talking to myself for the longest time. It's only these past few days that I've realized this might not have been entirely harmless.

Tooth sensitivity is an issue but It's encouraging me to get more calcium/k2 and i hope for it to subside.

I have experienced the positive effects above before, but in a more acute/ephemeral way. Now it feels like I'm making a more tactile shift in a better direction.

Blood sugar control is definitely better by the way. I usually feel mildly faint on the train from work. This has subsided somewhat, but interestingly this faintness can be completely overcome with underbreathing exercises. I feel like before that would have made me pass out.

managing

I've been a long time lurker but felt the need to register to share my results.

I've been taking 5 drops in oj and another 5 with dinner (alongside 4drops estroban)

After 5 days i feel much more calm but in a more 'stoic' way. By that i mean that when i do feel negative i feel much more conscious of where it's coming from and i can let it go instead of dwelling on it stubbornly.

I also feel more 'present' and aware/appreciative of my surroundings, which is interesting as I've been content to just be in my own head talking to myself for the longest time. It's only these past few days that I've realized this might not have been entirely harmless.

Tooth sensitivity is an issue but It's encouraging me to get more calcium/k2 and i hope for it to subside.

I have experienced the positive effects above before, but in a more acute/ephemeral way. Now it feels like I'm making a more tactile shift in a better direction.

Blood sugar control is definitely better by the way. I usually feel mildly faint on the train from work. This has subsided somewhat, but interestingly this faintness can be completely overcome with underbreathing exercises. I feel like before that would have made me pass out.
Welcome.

Cool feedback.

What are "underbreathing exercises? Holding breath after exhale to slow respiration?

biffbelvin

Welcome.

Cool feedback.

What are "underbreathing exercises? Holding breath after exhale to slow respiration?

That's the one, it's the principal of Buteyko Breathing. Pausing after exhalation so that there's a slight feeling of air hunger. Increases circulating CO2 and improves oxygenation of cells.

It's helped me with shortness of breath (obviously), warming the extremeties, dry mouth and pain relief. I was never vigilant enough to get any long term benefits though.

LukeL

@haidut any studies on these fatty acids preventing lipid peroxidation? Sorry if I missed them in the post...

CoolTweetPete

This product really seems to produce an incredible sense of well-being when used in conjunction with a great deal of caffeine. I think maybe it allows for administration of large amounts of caffeine without any stress reaction. Incredible stuff.

Is this a concern? Inhibition of macrophages seems to be either a feature benefit or perhaps harm.

Depression of phagocytic activity and immune response by methyl palmitate | AJP Legacy

Intravenous administration of methyl palmitate produced a marked depression of the phagocytic activity of the RES. Histological evidence indicates that the RE-depressant effect exerted by methyl palmitate is not due to destruction of RE cellular elements but rather to an interference with the phagocytic activity of Kupffer cells. The functional activity of parenchymal cells was unaltered in RE hypofunctional mice. A depressed functional state of the RES, existing at the time of antigenic challenge with sheep erythrocytes, was associated with a profound inhibition of antibody formation during the primary and secondary immune response. This reduced antibody formation was not associated with alterations in the total circulating leukocyte level nor in the percentage of lymphocytes in peripheral blood. The employment of methyl palm

Last edited:

aguilaroja

Is this a concern? Inhibition of macrophages seems to be either a feature benefit or perhaps harm.
Depression of phagocytic activity and immune response by methyl palmitate | AJP Legacy
Intravenous administration of methyl palmitate produced a marked depression of the phagocytic activity of the RES. Histological evidence indicates that the RE-depressant effect exerted by methyl palmitate is not due to destruction of RE cellular elements but rather to an interference with the phagocytic activity of Kupffer cells. The functional activity of parenchymal cells was unaltered in RE hypofunctional mice. A depressed functional state of the RES, existing at the time of antigenic challenge with sheep erythrocytes, was associated with a profound inhibition of antibody formation during the primary and secondary immune response. This reduced antibody formation was not associated with alterations in the total circulating leukocyte level nor in the percentage of lymphocytes in peripheral blood. The employment of methyl palm

Interesting find!

There is one of a small series of articles by DiLuzio, Wooles, Saba, etc. on methyl palmitate and the reticulo-endothelial system that seemed to have ended about 50 years ago.

They seemed to have used methyl palmitate in an IV emulsion made by sonification.
Evaluation of humoral and cellular mechanisms of methyl palmitate induced reticuloendothelial depression. - PubMed - NCBI
This study used 200 mg of methyl palmitate per 100 gm of body weight in rat subjects. That is 2 gm per kg of weight, or over 100 grams intravenously in a human equivalent.

It’s not clear what started this research strand, or how the researchers chose to move on.
- -
“Blickens and Di Luzio reported that the methyl palmitate depression of RE function was neither related to a saturation of macrophages with the injected lipid nor to the formation of methanol following methyl palmitate hydrolysis. These observations, coupled with the absence of any hepatic macrophage morphological and/or cell number alterations following methyl palmitate administration, has further obscured the mechanism of methyl palmitate depression of the RES.”

Raytoo

I've been applying to my shoulder that had a tear to rotator cuff due to motorcycle crash 20 years ago that I never fixed, I've had bad pain in my shoulder, I applied it for two day and the pain started the next day. Should I keep going ? I don't know how much I can take.

Interesting find!

There is one of a small series of articles by DiLuzio, Wooles, Saba, etc. on methyl palmitate and the reticulo-endothelial system that seemed to have ended about 50 years ago.

They seemed to have used methyl palmitate in an IV emulsion made by sonification.
Evaluation of humoral and cellular mechanisms of methyl palmitate induced reticuloendothelial depression. - PubMed - NCBI
This study used 200 mg of methyl palmitate per 100 gm of body weight in rat subjects. That is 2 gm per kg of weight, or over 100 grams intravenously in a human equivalent.

It’s not clear what started this research strand, or how the researchers chose to move on.
- -
“Blickens and Di Luzio reported that the methyl palmitate depression of RE function was neither related to a saturation of macrophages with the injected lipid nor to the formation of methanol following methyl palmitate hydrolysis. These observations, coupled with the absence of any hepatic macrophage morphological and/or cell number alterations following methyl palmitate administration, has further obscured the mechanism of methyl palmitate depression of the RES.”

There are a number of studies showing suppression of macrophages. It could be a good thing in some cases.

managing

This product really seems to produce an incredible sense of well-being when used in conjunction with a great deal of caffeine. I think maybe it allows for administration of large amounts of caffeine without any stress reaction. Incredible stuff.
Last week I ordered a 20 oz coffee. Half way through I thought "oh crap, did I say decaf?" Sure enough, I did not. No worries though because I felt great. Never had the slightest hint of stress response from it which is very unusual for me. It had to be defibron or niacinamide, or the combo.

managing

I've been applying to my shoulder that had a tear to rotator cuff due to motorcycle crash 20 years ago that I never fixed, I've had bad pain in my shoulder, I applied it for two day and the pain started the next day. Should I keep going ? I don't know how much I can take.
I say let pain be your guide. I've had pain crop up in old injuries from time to time since using it. Lasts a few days to a few weeks. Feels better later maybe. At least returns to same place.

A torn rotator cuff is potentially a very large injury. If it is in fact degrading fibrotic tissue it is possible that your body has to heal again as it goes along. Ultimately this should be a good thing, right? But it does suggest that slow and steady wins the race.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals