DAIRY FREE

iLoveSugar

I know this is anti-RP, but did anyone need to completely cut dairy, to lower inflammation, help with gut issues, and eliminate any other issues, before starting to feel well?

Stilgar

I guess it depends to what extent you feel you need to follow an idealised version of Peat style eating. I'm dairy free, but not really because of issues other than ethically. Essentially I am vegan, but have a couple of eggs a week, which works well for me. I add in egg shell powder, rice protein, some supplements and eat a diet based around fruit, starches (esp potatoes, masa harina and rice) and coconut. All in all, my health is so much better.

So, I am not really answering your question, other than to say that it is possible. If you can't digest milk well that could be another issue. Low thyroid function can exacerbate digestive problems with milk. Do you take thyroid meds?

Mittir

In Josh Rubin " Milk and calcium" interview RP mentioned that bacterial Infection and inflammation lower lactase enzyme. So if you are already inflamed,
milk probably is not a good idea. RP recommends thyroid or progesterone, these
two restores lactase production by lowering stress hormones.
It takes about 3 weeks for body to get used to milk .
It is a good idea to slowly increase milk if one is dairy intolerant.
RP recommends milk as an optimal food. But one can easily
follow RP's recommendations without milk or dairy.
Maintaining a good Calcium phosphors ratio is the
most important factor when you are avoiding dairy.
Low iron is another advantage of dairy.
Gelatin and most fish are low in iron.

tomisonbottom

In Josh Rubin " Milk and calcium" interview RP mentioned that bacterial Infection and inflammation lower lactase enzyme. So if you are already inflamed,
milk probably is not a good idea. RP recommends thyroid or progesterone, these
two restores lactase production by lowering stress hormones.
It takes about 3 weeks for body to get used to milk .
It is a good idea to slowly increase milk if one is dairy intolerant.
RP recommends milk as an optimal food. But one can easily
follow RP's recommendations without milk or dairy.
Maintaining a good Calcium phosphors ratio is the
most important factor when you are avoiding dairy.
Low iron is another advantage of dairy.
Gelatin and most fish are low in iron.

Would the body get used to milk on it's own without thryoid and progesterone?

postman

I eat zero dairy. I think the progesterone in it is strongly antagonistic to testosterone, therefore I think it's not a good food for men. Cows are artificially inseminated to be pregnant all the time, this means the hormone levels in the milk are way higher than what would otherwise be normal. Of course Ray thinks progesterone is something inherently positive for everyone, I disagree. Eating a high-fat dairy diet can double your blood progesterone levels in just a couple of days. It's sad because milk has almost perfect macros, great micros, cheap, and is very easy to consume.

I used to drink a gallon of milk a day, it can cause all kind of mood problems, libido problems, motivational problems etc.

kaybb

I eat zero dairy. I think the progesterone in it is strongly antagonistic to testosterone, therefore I think it's not a good food for men. Cows are artificially inseminated to be pregnant all the time, this means the hormone levels in the milk are way higher than what would otherwise be normal. Of course Ray thinks progesterone is something inherently positive for everyone, I disagree. Eating a high-fat dairy diet can double your blood progesterone levels in just a couple of days. It's sad because milk has almost perfect macros, great micros, cheap, and is very easy to consume.

I used to drink a gallon of milk a day, it can cause all kind of mood problems, libido problems, motivational problems etc.
Have you personally had your blood progesterone checked and saw it double ? Or was it in a study you could reference? I get my blood checked for progesterone levels so I am interested in this.

I'm starting to think there's something to this. I've experimented being dairy free and i feel a lot better. More manly, better energy level, less negativity, clear mind. I've been a lot nicer to my girlfriend too, I've been really moody in the past.
Tried dairy today and i feel tired and wimpy. Mind is foggy.
Dairy free seems to be the way to go for me! :blush:
Calcium carbonate supplement seems to work well for me. Maybe a little bit constipation, but other than that it makes me feel really calm and good. Maybe using a little less helps with the constipation? I've been using 1200mg.

schultz

I'm starting to think there's something to this. I've experimented being dairy free and i feel a lot better. More manly, better energy level, less negativity, clear mind. I've been a lot nicer to my girlfriend too, I've been really moody in the past.
Calcium carbonate supplement seems to work well for me. Maybe a little bit constipation, but other than that it makes me feel really calm and good. Maybe using a little less helps with the constipation? I've been using 1200mg.

Take 1 drop progesterone a day and see if you get the same symptoms as the milk.

Those symptoms seem like estrogenic symptoms to me or vitamin deficiency. I could be wrong but maybe someone else can chime in.

Take 1 drop progesterone a day and see if you get the same symptoms as the milk.

Those symptoms seem like estrogenic symptoms to me or vitamin deficiency. I could be wrong but maybe someone else can chime in.
I dunno man.. too lazy to get progesterone. :p I feel real good without the dairy and i enjoy other foods more so i'm cool without it. :)

Comparison of estrone and 17β-estradiol levels in commercial goat and cow milk. - PubMed - NCBI

A lower combined concentration of E(1) and E(2) was found in goat milk than in any of the cow milk products tested. The differences in E(1) and E(2) levels between regular and organic cow milks were not as significant as the differences between goat milk and any of the cow milk products. Goat milk represents a better dietary choice for individuals concerned with limiting their estrogen intake.

Parsifal

Same here, my temps and pulse were good but after stopping milk I felt a lot better.

tara

The symptoms I get from lots of milk are nothing like what I experience with progest-e (though i'm female, so i'd expect to respond differently to progesterone than you guys).

Comparison of estrone and 17β-estradiol levels in commercial goat and cow milk. - PubMed - NCBI

A lower combined concentration of E(1) and E(2) was found in goat milk than in any of the cow milk products tested. The differences in E(1) and E(2) levels between regular and organic cow milks were not as significant as the differences between goat milk and any of the cow milk products. Goat milk represents a better dietary choice for individuals concerned with limiting their estrogen intake.

I've tried using only skim milk to reduce the estrogen but it makes me feel just as shitty.
Raw goat milk is like 5 euros/quart. No way i can afford that. O__O

I've tried using only skim milk to reduce the estrogen but it makes me feel just as shitty.

I hear ya, the dairy where I'm getting my raw goat milk is charging $20.00 per gallon, it's INSANE!!! Luckily I'm only doing this as a short term experiment. I gotta say though, so far I feel A MILLION times better on goat milk than cow...

schultz

I hear ya, the dairy where I'm getting my raw goat milk is charging $20.00 per gallon, it's INSANE!!! Luckily I'm only doing this as a short term experiment. I gotta say though, so far I feel A MILLION times better on goat milk than cow...

Holy! You could buy your own goat in a few months of this. Grass is everywhere, turn it into milk!!!

postman

The fattier the dairy is, the worse i feel. Eating large quantities of butter is the worst. Anyways I don't think it's the estrogen as much as it is the progesterone.

Have you personally had your blood progesterone checked and saw it double ? Or was it in a study you could reference? I get my blood checked for progesterone levels so I am interested in this.
I haven't had blood tests but there are studies that show this. I can't find the specific study but here is some similar stuff.

DocGuide
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.sci-...ionid=3E545B076A67717717681A948BD681AF.f02t02