Cyproheptadine Exacerbates Fatty Liver And Can Increase Estrogen

yoshiesque

I'm so confused. Chris masterjohns article is. Implying choline is low in average diet today. Ray peat is then promoting anticholine theories. At same time in that article by Chris it said a study in rats found babies of rats who were fed 3x choline amount were much more intelligent and had very remarkable brain improvements.

miki14

I'm so confused. Chris masterjohns article is. Implying choline is low in average diet today. Ray peat is then promoting anticholine theories. At same time in that article by Chris it said a study in rats found babies of rats who were fed 3x choline amount were much more intelligent and had very remarkable brain improvements.

To much choline in your nerve system, as acetylcholine, is bad.

Choline in your liver and cell membranes, as phosphatylcholine or lecithin, is good.

Elephanto

Peat advices it as a temporary crutch, something like a few weeks of use if I remember correctly. Can be helpful to push you out of a scary pit of serotonin but then you have to learn to keep that mindstate and breaking through fears will bring plenty of positive changes mentally (that are probably observable with brain activity imaging). Things that trigger/inhibit receptors potently always result in concomitant receptor sentisization. Like habitual coffee consumption increases adenosine receptors sensitivity, and coffee withdrawals are associated with reduced blood flow to the brain for up to 24 hours. Low choline activity correlating with intelligence never seemed to fit my experience, I felt slow on cyproheptadine. High choline may be neurotoxic but I think that balance is optimal.

And you're right that methylating agents are essential to reduce estrogen, betaine works just as well as choline though.

LeeRoyJenkins

Curious on this, was the idea to keep taking Cypro while you add in choline? I had this exact experience with Cypro (greatly improved some symptoms, but packed on the pounds and believe it was estrogen related - and labs showed markers of a fatty liver).

milk

I thought cyproheptadine aided in liver regeneration?

I've been taking it regularly. It makes me lose some belly fat, gives me a more defined shape in the region. It does tend to promote overall weight gain, probably because of increased appetite. The muscular increase aspect may be due in part to the cobamamide that is coupled with my cypro pills (each pill is 4mg cypro + 1mg cobamamide).

milk

Anyway, my hair looks incredibly good when I take cypro, whether orally or applied on scalp. Curly, shiny, soft, no oiliness, like the hair of a healthy child. Instead of straight, oily, opaque, which is what happens to my hair when I eat gluten or something like peanut butter. It becomes an ugly mess.

Wouldn't that be an indicator that cypro is beneficial for the liver?

InChristAlone

Cypro was a huge beneficial crutch for me. I literally have zero IBS now. Even months off of it. My weight has stabilized at a good number and I look muscular without ever working out. Not lean but more bulky. Always wanted that look. It's a seriously good drug for types like me.

brix

Anyway, my hair looks incredibly good when I take cypro, whether orally or applied on scalp. Curly, shiny, soft, no oiliness, like the hair of a healthy child. Instead of straight, oily, opaque, which is what happens to my hair when I eat gluten or something like peanut butter. It becomes an ugly mess.

Wouldn't that be an indicator that cypro is beneficial for the liver?

Thinking of adding it to my shampoo. Do you think it will have systemic effects like oral use?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Cypro was a huge beneficial crutch for me. I literally have zero IBS now. Even months off of it. My weight has stabilized at a good number and I look muscular without ever working out. Not lean but more bulky. Always wanted that look. It's a seriously good drug for types like me.
Hey Janelle yeah i saw your photos, very impressive progress you've made. Did you ever get your 23andme done and if so what was your PEMT status?

Luk3

I’ve been on Cypro for about five days now. The dosage has been 1.25mg before bed. My experiences thus far:

- The sedative effect, that so many others have mentioned, has been very noticeable.
- No effect on my histamine issues
- Hair shedding has dramatically decreased
- Body door has dramically decreased
- Caffeine no longer makes me need a bowel movement straight after ingestion.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Curious on this, was the idea to keep taking Cypro while you add in choline? I had this exact experience with Cypro (greatly improved some symptoms, but packed on the pounds and believe it was estrogen related - and labs showed markers of a fatty liver).
Did you ever get your 23andme done? You probably have the PEMT dysfunction based on your symptoms. I am quite sure the people who respond best to cyproheptadine don't have low choline levels and probably have a fully functioning PEMT enzyme.

brix

I’ve been on Cypro for about five days now. The dosage has been 1.25mg before bed. My experiences thus far:

- The sedative effect, that so many others have mentioned, has been very noticeable.
- No effect on my histamine issues
- Hair shedding has dramatically decreased
- Body door has dramically decreased
- Caffeine no longer makes me need a bowel movement straight after ingestion.

Any effect on libido or sexual function?

milk

Thinking of adding it to my shampoo. Do you think it will have systemic effects like oral use?

Well, I don't think I notice any effects when I apply it topically other than better-looking hair and softer, less shiny scalp. But I only use 1mg at a time on my scalp, while my oral doses lately are large, usually 12mg once a day.

brix

Well, I don't think I notice any effects when I apply it topically other than better-looking hair and softer, less shiny scalp. But I only use 1mg at a time on my scalp, while my oral doses lately are large, usually 12mg once a day.

Interesting. I’ve only used small doses orally. Have you taken low doses too? What do you notice from small vs big doses? Thanks!

milk

Interesting. I’ve only used small doses orally. Have you taken low doses too? What do you notice from small vs big doses? Thanks!

Well, I started out with small doses, 2mg or 4mg, and they would knock me out. Very strong sedative effect. But now, after months of taking cypro, the sedative effect is very mild. I can take 4mg in the morning without a problem.

It also used to make me very hungry at first, and that has subsided too. But I think I do eat more while on cypro, particularly sugar. As everyone here knows, cypro speeds up the metabolism and makes you hungry for carbs.

Cypro usually makes me feel "lighter", kind of hard to describe. It makes me feel calmer and moderately lowers my blood pressure. Sometimes a mild euphoric, grounded feeling.

A small dose (4mg) before bed doesn't have significant impact on hair. But a 12mg dose usually means good-looking hair in the morning.

Topical application on scalp seems to be generating a little bit of regrowth in the hairline. Nothing spectacular, just a bit. But it does seem to be related to cypro, I haven't seen the same degree of effectiveness with other substances.

InChristAlone

Hey Janelle yeah i saw your photos, very impressive progress you've made. Did you ever get your 23andme done and if so what was your PEMT status?
Thanks, no I've never done 23andme although it's be really interesting! I'm quite sure I was reacting negatively to cholinergic substances so could be why I was doing so well.

walker_in_aus

Thanks for sharing this. I have IBS problems, been over a month on cypro, and have noticed flat mood, belly fat increase (ESPECIALLY THESE WEIRD FAT PADS AROUND RIBS), absolutely ZERO sex drive and delay in menstruation and no improvement in digestion. I checked my 23andme results, which I have but do not understand, and I have those same SNPs but I haven't done self decode or anything for analysis.
Given most people report such wonder from cypro, perhaps this is why I am not having success.
Thanks for re-engaging my interest in my expensive DNA tests haha. I definitely have low methylation, had that bad boy checked ages ago, but I'm too scared to mess around with methylation supps, seems difficult and potentially very harmful.

Completely unrelated, I had some good responses to phosphaditylserine, made from sunflower lecithin.