Clearing Histamine

LUH 3417

It appears to me that this is the original Roche process and manufacturing. RP liked it in the 50s, and then it changed (according to previous posts). So, is it good, or is it potentially contaminated w/ heavy metals?

Source:

" This particular Vitamin C is a brand of ascorbic acid made by DSM which is the last and only Western producer of vitamin C! All their vitamin C is produced in a world-class DSM-owned facility in Dalry, Scotland. In fact, DSM/Roche was the first company to synthesise vitamin C back in 1938, and has been a leading producer for over 75 years. Quali®-C is the world’s first branded vitamin C, and buying it guarantees you the peace of mind you can only get from the best supplier. If you want more in-depth information though about this particular product, visit this website:
DSM talks vitamin quality with Quali-C brand"

From an Amazon.com review.
How could one find out about heavy metals besides doing independent lab tests?

managing

googling . . .

not much other than "glucose" from "non-gmo" European sourced corn . . .
Traceability

Dr's Best website states "over 99% pure". But that's not terribly helpful.

It seems all you really get with this is the fact that its made and sourced in Europe.

Meanwhile, Rose Hips seem to irritate my bowel. Anybody have experience with Acerola and other fruit based VC?

DDK

googling . . .

Traceability

It seems all you really get with this is the fact that its made and sourced in Europe.

Meanwhile, Rose Hips seem to irritate my bowel. Anybody have experience with Acerola and other fruit based VC?

I tolerated camu camu when I last tried food based vitamin C

L

lollipop

googling . . .

Traceability

I have used Amla and liked it. No adverse effects, but not super high potency.

Broken man

I had success with nicotine and succinic acid. Succinic acid normalize histamine and mast cells. Nicotine is antagonist for histamine.

Repas du soir

I had success with nicotine and succinic acid. Succinic acid normalize histamine and mast cells. Nicotine is antagonist for histamine.
So nicotine lowers prolactin AND histamine? The more I learn about the benefits of nicotine, the more it seems like a good idea.

L0tIKDt.jpg

LUH 3417

So nicotine lowers prolactin AND histamine? The more I learn about the benefits of nicotine, the more it seems like a good idea.

L0tIKDt.jpg
But doesn’t the act of smoking anything irritate the lungs and cause histamine release?

Repas du soir

But doesn’t the act of smoking anything irritate the lungs and cause histamine release?
Yes, probably. I think snus is the superior way of getting nicotine. Thankfully it's very popular here in Scandinavia.

• Scandinavian snus is a moist form of smokeless tobacco which is usually placed under the upper lip, and which does not result in the need for spitting. It is sold either as a moist powder known as loose snus, or prepackaged into pouches known as portion snus. Snus is often mildly flavored with food-grade smoke aroma, bergamot, citrus, juniper berry, herbs and/or floral flavors. Most Scandinavian snus is produced in Sweden and regulated as food under the Swedish Food Act.[7]

Last edited:

golder

Yes, probably. I think snus is the superior way of getting nicotine. Thankfully it's very popular here in Scandinavia.

• Scandinavian snus is a moist form of smokeless tobacco which is usually placed under the upper lip, and which does not result in the need for spitting. It is sold either as a moist powder known as loose snus, or prepackaged into pouches known as portion snus. Snus is often mildly flavored with food-grade smoke aroma, bergamot, citrus, juniper berry, herbs and/or floral flavors. Most Scandinavian snus is produced in Sweden and regulated as food under the Swedish Food Act.[7]
This is amazing. I’m going to have to get searching for some weak snus based in the UK. Finding a good source without any weird additives might prove an issue.

I’m a non smoker and remember trying one of my friends strong ones and literally felt like I’d been poisoned (sick, vomiting, dizzy, confused). I wonder where the dosage sweet spot would be for getting the benefits of prolactin/histamine antagonism.

Vileplume

Bumping this thread particularly to piggy back on the Ray Peat quotations that @HDD quoted in the #3 post in this thread. Ray mentions Vitamin K, Vitamin D, thyroid, progesterone, calcium, and magnesium as effective histamine reducers. Has anybody used any of these things to successfully address a histamine issue? Thanks.

redsun

Histamine is deactivated by methylation (need SAM-e) but also depends on MAO/DAO. High histamine types need to focus on taking methyl donors (SAM/methionine/TMG) to deactivate histamine. MAO and DAO enzymes which are used in histamine degradation pathways are also dependent on riboflavin and/or copper.

After methylation, histamine needs to be metabolized by MAO-B (riboflavin and iron dependent) and aldehyde dehydrogenase. If its extracellular histamine, it needs DAO. Usually if you react strongly from foods high in histamine, you either have histamine overload or lack DAO (which is the main way ingested histamine is broken down).

Overall, because of genetic mutations in histamine and methylation related enzymes, high histamine individuals get a build up of histamine over time. SAM/methionine must be taken for quite a while usually to bring down levels. Anything that supports adrenal activity and methylation will also help.

Tansia

Histamine is deactivated by methylation (need SAM-e) but also depends on MAO/DAO. High histamine types need to focus on taking methyl donors (SAM/methionine/TMG) to deactivate histamine. MAO and DAO enzymes which are used in histamine degradation pathways are also dependent on riboflavin and/or copper.

After methylation, histamine needs to be metabolized by MAO-B (riboflavin and iron dependent) and aldehyde dehydrogenase. If its extracellular histamine, it needs DAO. Usually if you react strongly from foods high in histamine, you either have histamine overload or lack DAO (which is the main way ingested histamine is broken down).

Overall, because of genetic mutations in histamine and methylation related enzymes, high histamine individuals get a build up of histamine over time. SAM/methionine must be taken for quite a while usually to bring down levels. Anything that supports adrenal activity and methylation will also help.
Thanks @redsun for taking time to make this comment, that's really good to know

Hgreen56

Isn't msm also a methyl donor?
thats the only thing that i have in my kitchen for now.