Cheeseburgers!

marcar72

This should be like a Peat no brainer, only without the bun maybe or with sourdough bread.

Just heat up a skillet med high to high heat and put your desired cooking oil in (coconut oil/ghee/butter) for lean patties. I'd say 85% and up ground beef could use some cooking oil.

Let the oil get to sizzlin' then throw your beef patties in and get to cookin'! You can flip them just once or a few times during the cooking. I find that flipping a few times when cooking on a stove ideal.

Cook them up medium rare to medium well then throw a couple slices of cheese on each one and let it melt a bit then pull them.

Waaalaaaa, cheeseburgers!! Down them some carbohydrate (Coke, bun, fries, chips, etc.) and maybe some eggshell calcium or drink a pint of milk or so if ya need more calcium than what the cheese provides to balance out the phosphorus.

Mage

Do you really believe that's a healthy food choice?

Cheeseburguers with fries and coke..

It ain't all about the pufa man..

Mage

Thank you, it's a nice place around here, lots of good minds to debate with ;)

Well.. I think it is good as an cheat meal or occasional meal, whatever you want to call it. This combo would result in too much fat (even with lean patties) in a single meal (even though those are predomidantly high SFAs, when you eat high fat you eventually eat a decent amount of PUFAs) and most burguers have a pretty high amount of red meat, not the best protein source as it is too high in tryptophan and methionine. I'm not saying I wouldn't ever eat it, I eat burguers every now and then (maybe even too often :yum:) but it's not a staple in my daily diet.

I also have my reasoning beyond Peat guidelines, I don't like too much fat at all, pretty much like some others here (Tyw, Westside, etc..). I agree with Peat that SFAs have some good therapeutic effects on the body, but within reason. Even with Peat, Haidut, and a lot of people here stating there's no correlation of SFA consumption and heart disease, there's a lot of evidence out there stating otherwise and I like to be open minded.

My last point is that this single meal has way too much fat if you want to consume it often, leaving less room for carbs and all their awesomeness!

About the coke.. well.. I've never really looked into Peat's arguements for approving of its consumption, It doesn't seem like that much of a bad choice at all, but I seriously think OJ and most fruit juices would be way more nutritious.

OP
marcar72

marcar72

About the coke.. well.. I've never really looked into Peat's arguements for approving of its consumption, It doesn't seem like that much of a bad choice at all, but I seriously think OJ and most fruit juices would be way more nutritious.

I would just point out that you are the one that originally chose Coke as your carbohydrate. I so happened to use Coke as mine tonight mainly for the extra help in digesting all that protein from 1/2 pound of 93% lean beef (2 patties) with 2 slices of provolone cheese on each.

It's brilliant!! Muahahahaha....

Herbie

This reminds of when I went through the Mcdonalds menu to find the least worst options if in an emergency and have not other choice.

The cheeseburger has the one of the lower fat contents out of the burgers and a higher sfa to pufa ratio.

schultz

Throw some liver in those patties and the fat becomes useful. 25% liver to 75% beef has been working well for me.

schultz

I wouldn't want to encourage too much iron absorption with the OJ + red meat combo. Pop seems like a good fit here, or sweetened milk if you want the nutrients. Pop is just 3 tbsp of sugar. Not bad IMO except it could displace nutrients if consumed regularly. A meal of 1 pop and 1 serving of liver is more nutritious than what 99% of people eat.

Mage

Oh, you are right, forgot about the vitamin C interaction with iron.. hmm.. I guess I'd go with what I always go: coffee + skim milk!

Yea, and about the liver, I always make sure to eat it along with the fattiest meal of my day, it's a good strategy to optimize the retinol absorption

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Throw some liver in those patties and the fat becomes useful. 25% liver to 75% beef has been working well for me.
This is gold.

Although I prefer lamburgers. :drool

schultz

This is gold.

Although I prefer lamburgers. :drool

Oh yah lamb burgers are yummy! A friend of mine who has a herd of sheep dropped off a bunch of meat for me and I made lamb burgers from the ground. Amazing!

Why havent I been doing this more? Thanks for the reminder Charlie.

Sunny Jack

Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. The sourdough bun and lean beef with cheese and maybe liver as mentioned above should be a tasty and legitimate Peatarian summer treat.

Like how the young Americans of the 1950s ate hamburgers and stayed lean and energetic. I often think the 1950s were a generally Peat-friendly decade. All those milk bars, Coca-Cola, ice creams, etc., combined with a less deterministic approach to science and experiment, and a general sense of optimism. Admittedly, there was a lack of appreciation of the dangers of radiation, but otherwise pretty sound.

NathanK

Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. The sourdough bun and lean beef with cheese and maybe liver as mentioned above should be a tasty and legitimate Peatarian summer treat.

Like how the young Americans of the 1950s ate hamburgers and stayed lean and energetic. I often think the 1950s were a generally Peat-friendly decade. All those milk bars, Coca-Cola, ice creams, etc., combined with a less deterministic approach to science and experiment, and a general sense of optimism. Admittedly, there was a lack of appreciation of the dangers of radiation, but otherwise pretty sound.
Haha, meal portions in the 50s were the size of modern Happy Meals.

Burgers in general are great. I imagine loaded with glycine and connective tissue.

I'd stay away from just about all fries since they are guaranteed to be loaded with vegetable oil and calories. Personally, when it comes to potatoes, I try to go as unadulterated and organic as possible anyway.

Add a shake, milk, coke, or coffee and you're gtg

schultz

OJ has no effect on heme iron absorption.

Yes but red meat is not 100% heme iron.

But I suppose you have a good point as probably around 75% of the iron in cooked red meat is heme.

EDIT: Here is a chart for anybody interested showing the heme and non-heme of beef. The chart shows raw and cooked. Cooking can cause the release of iron from the heme complex.

Iron.jpg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals