OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'd say that it does all of these things, with about the same effectiveness of caffeine. I haven't been logging biometrics, but temps and pulse seem to be consistent on caffeine days, cardenosine days, and thyroid days.

Great, thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Rat Experiment:

Gave Defibron 20 drops with Cardenosine 40 drops to rat subject orally.

30 minutes later. Rat became super calm, attentive and had a pleasant warm seastion and warm skin to touch.

Interesting combination.

Excellent! Have you tried Cardenosine on its own, especially before/after drinking alcohol? Alcohol very potently depletes ATP, so it would be interesting to see what effect it has in such a compromised state.

Epistrophy

Excellent! Have you tried Cardenosine on its own, especially before/after drinking alcohol? Alcohol very potently depletes ATP, so it would be interesting to see what effect it has in such a compromised state.

Yes I have tried Cardenosine on its own and have experienced amazing bowel movements twice a day. Bowels are earthy smelling!

I do not drink alcohol so I can not give any feedback on that. Maybe I will make an experiment for it. (wink, wink)

Wagner83

Do you think a deficiency of ATP could decrease the desire for drinking (with friends etc..)? Usually we say that stress and depression make people drink but curious about that angle as some (very few) friends look healthy and like some partying and drinking in a rather healthy way.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think a deficiency of ATP could decrease the desire for drinking (with friends etc..)? Usually we say that stress and depression make people drink but curious about that angle as some (very few) friends look healthy and like some partying and drinking in a rather healthy way.

Stress and depression make people drink initially but eventually anhedonia sets in due to high serotonin and low ATP, and drinking does not seem to help much. So, yes, low ATP can lead to not really liking anything including drinking. Succinic acid seems to be very good at giving an energy jolt, which makes alcohol more enjoyable for very stressed people.

Dhair

Stress and depression make people drink initially but eventually anhedonia sets in due to high serotonin and low ATP, and drinking does not seem to help much. So, yes, low ATP can lead to not really liking anything including drinking. Succinic acid seems to be very good at giving an energy jolt, which makes alcohol more enjoyable for very stressed people.
Theoretically, would there be any quantitative way to determine if this product would have a more powerful effect on ATP synthesis vs. 500mg of elemental magnesium taken daily?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Theoretically, would there be any quantitative way to determine if this product would have a more powerful effect on ATP synthesis vs. 500mg of elemental magnesium taken daily?

You can get a blood test for erythrocyte ATP and erythrocyte magnesium, after using each product on its own. A rise in both would be ideal.

mirc12354

Do you think taking this product (or succinic acid by itself) along with Adamantane (say 10 mg) an hour before dringing would be an overkill??

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think taking this product (or succinic acid by itself) along with Adamantane (say 10 mg) an hour before dringing would be an overkill??

It is probably OK, but I would try a lower dose adamantane first (5mg) if used in combination. If all goes well then 10mg can be tried in combination.

Texon

Don't know if it would prolong half life, but it makes it better as an ATP precursor because it avoids the hydrolysis of inosine to hypoxanthine and ribose (which occurs in the GI tract).
Haidut..happy Friday. I am desperately looking for something to detox acetaldehyde or just aldehyde generally. Would this help? I am having some pretty nasty symptoms lately from either this or a dietary sulphur issue...really hard to pin down. Anyway all the signs seem to implicate aldehyde even to the point of a symptom that looks similar to Asian Flush (the aldh2 deficiency), but I can't rule out sulphur either. I lean towards aldehydes simply because I've gotten to the point of poor tolerance of any fermented foods/drinks. Any ideas you might have are greatly appreciated.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut..happy Friday. I am desperately looking for something to detox acetaldehyde or just aldehyde generally. Would this help? I am having some pretty nasty symptoms lately from either this or a dietary sulphur issue...really hard to pin down. Anyway all the signs seem to implicate aldehyde even to the point of a symptom that looks similar to Asian Flush (the aldh2 deficiency), but I can't rule out sulphur either. I lean towards aldehydes simply because I've gotten to the point of poor tolerance of any fermented foods/drinks. Any ideas you might have are greatly appreciated.

It may help as Metadoxine, which is what this is partially based on, has been shown to increase activity of both ALD and ALDH. Adding some niacinamide could also help as NAD is a cofactor needed for detox of acetaldehyde. So is vitamin B2.

Texon

It may help as Metadoxine, which is what this is partially based on, has been shown to increase activity of both ALD and ALDH. Adding some niacinamide could also help as NAD is a cofactor needed for detox of acetaldehyde. So is vitamin B2.
Thanks very much. I have to be careful with things that promote dopamine increases, but other than that it seems it could be very useful.

managing

If ATP supplementation speeds transit time (and I think it does) what is the mechanism? It doesn't seem to be increased peristalsis.

managing

Also, I am reading that ATP supplementation increases NO production. Thought?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If ATP supplementation speeds transit time (and I think it does) what is the mechanism? It doesn't seem to be increased peristalsis.

I think most purines, including ATP are anti-serotonin and improve digestion efficiency. Inosine has been shown to do the same.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Endothelium-derived nitric oxide production is increased by ATP released from red blood cells incubated with hydroxyurea. - PubMed - NCBI

re-reading it doesn't seem causal or even direct. More like they are two different sources of vasodilation and often co-occur.

ATP should be in the cell. Extracellular ATP is a signal that cells are dying or becoming unstable enough to leak ATP in the bloodstream. That does not mean ATP itself is bad, just its "release" as the study says.

managing

ATP should be in the cell. Extracellular ATP is a signal that cells are dying or becoming unstable enough to leak ATP in the bloodstream. That does not mean ATP itself is bad, just its "release" as the study says.
And there is the context I needed to sort that out. Thanks @haidut !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals