InChristAlone

I thought I covered the fact that the dose to get from food to prevent scurvy is far below the dose to be healthy? I don't just want to prevent scurvy. If you knew the place I was in before I started ascorbic acid therapy then you would understand why I'm such a proponent. Also sometimes the chelation of minerals is a good thing in this toxic world. I had pretty bad lead exposure in the last year. Studies show C is helpful for lead exposure. I'm glad I didn't believe any of the naysayers on this forum. When vitamin C is saturated through the whole body is when it works best.

Here is quote from someone who used to post here, but obviously got tired of the dogma:
Vitamin C's most important mode of action is its opposition to the oxidative burden of Iron. Without adequate levels of Vitamin C, it is impossible for the body to restrain the oxidative burden of Iron, which in turn oxidizes other sensitive vitamins, fats, and enzymes, preventing necessary systems from working as they are required and thus causing metabolic degeneration. Only animals who cannot synthesize their own Vitamin C (humans, primates, and guinea pigs) develop the specific type of heart disease that kills us, called atherosclerosis. Animals who make their own Vitamin C do not develop this disease. Scurvy seems to a lot of people to be an old-time disease related to pirates and sailors in wooden ships. But scurvy is merely the severe chronic deficiency of Vitamin C. Many diseases in humans caused by a moderate deficiency of Vitamin C is really just chronic, mild scurvy. What level of Vitamin C saturation is appropriate for you is relative to your own tissue Iron content. If you have a lot of stored Iron you will need a lot of Vitamin C. This is not mysterious. You will not be unaware of your own iron stores—The more severe your symptoms the greater your tissue levels of Iron. Anyone with excess weight problems has a Vitamin C deficiency. Young, healthy people have normal iron levels, so normal levels of Vitamin C obtained from foods high in it will suffice. For people in diseases states or advanced age, the severity of illness is a reflection of the saturation of tissues by Iron.
Vitamin C Therapy

Amazoniac

I thought I covered the fact that the dose to get from food to prevent scurvy is far below the dose to be healthy? I don't just want to prevent scurvy. If you knew the place I was in before I started ascorbic acid therapy then you would understand why I'm such a proponent. Also sometimes the chelation of minerals is a good thing in this toxic world. I had pretty bad lead exposure in the last year. Studies show C is helpful for lead exposure. I'm glad I didn't believe any of the naysayers on this forum. When vitamin C is saturated through the whole body is when it works best.

Here is quote from someone who used to post here, but obviously got tired of the dogma: Vitamin C Therapy
It has nothing to do with its therapeutic value. The point is: there are various ways of recycling vit C and there's sensationalism in claiming the we need as much as monkeys do to sustain, not recover, health. Also there are negative consequences in exceeding our needs and, assuming that we're talking about what's best for the average healthy guru, what's the point in doing so?
If you don't believe me, read supercentenarians' reports. They seem to eat some vit C of course, but not in equine doses. No offense, milk_lover.
But again, this has nothing to do with its therapeutic value in higher doses. I believe in your experience!

Nathan couldn't (?) donate blood, which is the easiest and most effective route for iron depletion, otherwise he would've chosen it first instead of vit C and other means, for example.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

It has nothing to do with its therapeutic value. The point is: there are various ways of recycling vit C and there's sensationalism in claiming the we need as much as monkeys do to sustain, not recover, health. Also there are negative consequences in exceeding our needs and, assuming that we're talking about what's best for the average healthy guru, what's the point in doing so?
If you don't believe me, read supercentenarians' reports. They seem to eat some vit C of course, but not in equine doses. No offense, milk_lover.
But again, this has nothing to do with its therapeutic value in higher doses. I believe in your experience!

Nathan couldn't (?) donate blood, which is the easiest and most effective route for iron depletion, otherwise he would've chosen it first instead of vit C and other means, for example.
I'm still wondering what negative effects would make me want to stop?
And considering Nathan's article on the benefits of ascorbate you think he wouldn't have used it?
I wouldn't want to be a supercentenarian. Linus Pauling lived quite a long time. Maybe he'd have lived longer if he didn't just do C. There's obviously more to health than C and maybe someone who wasn't eating crap diets for yrs and yrs and were raised on whole foods, maybe they wouldn't need near the amount of C us sick folks need. I'm not denying that.

managing

Here is quote from someone who used to post here, but obviously got tired of the dogma: Vitamin C Therapy
Have you written about this elsewhere? I'd be interested in reading about your experience if you provide a link.

InChristAlone

Have you written about this elsewhere? I'd be interested in reading about your experience if you provide a link.

I have written about my improvement here Janelle's Log

I didn't give enough credit to vit C in that post, but I think it was one of the major reasons I was able to get my life back. Cyproheptadine played a strong role as well. But it's a drug and has no disease reversal properties, thus I still have some issues if I don't take it. And I never expected vit C to cure me of everything I just wanted some energy back. I don't use caffeine at all still. I feel like vit C is a good substitute for caffeine. I should make another post there, I also don't have an annoying symptom of brain vibration which I felt was a symptom of high inflammation.

BrianF

Im with you on the whole VitC thing. I supp but would rather get it from food sources.

Suffered bad hay fever for twenty years until i tried megadosing vit c. Once i load up to saturation (serious diohreah) then i just take a maintenance dose rest of summer. It feels.great to know i now totally 'own' that horrible bastard. So many summers tainted by that ****er.

raypeatclips

Im with you on the whole VitC thing. I supp but would rather get it from food sources.

Suffered bad hay fever for twenty years until i tried megadosing vit c. Once i load up to saturation (serious diohreah) then i just take a maintenance dose rest of summer. It feels.great to know i now totally 'own' that horrible bastard. So many summers tainted by that ****er.

During hayfever season is this maintenance dose of vit c from food?

BrianF

During hayfever season is this maintenance dose of vit c from food?
No, tablets. 1000mg. Though im told that body can only absorb 500mg per 2 hours. But i got a good deal and bought twp huge jars from Holland & Barrett here in UK, so just chugg them down. Maintenance is 1 or two a day.

InChristAlone

Good stuff! Yes it can work well as an antihistamine at saturation.

InChristAlone

....or your lack of thinking
:joyful: three principles, won't solve all your physical problems, but will get you through life.

whit

Dogma?
Here I thought this was a thread about vit.D ;)

InChristAlone

Dogma?
Here I thought this was a thread about vit.D ;)
We took our vit C talk elsewhere. Sorry those comments should have been moved.

Amazoniac

Vitamin D and MS: Coimbra
"All patients should have periodic (at least annually) dexa scans. All those who remain sedentary will slowly lose bone mass. If they maintain a daily aerobic exercise (like 30-min brisk walking) they will steadily gain bone density.
Those high doses of vitamin D stimulate both osteoblastic and osteoclastic activities simultaneously as demonstrated by measuring P1NP and CTX respectively.
Aerobic exercise (initiated after the second medical appointment) will induce production of calcitonin and efficiently inhibit osteoclastic activity. Those disabled patients (due to neurologic disabilities or joint damage like in rheumatoid arthritis) who are therefore not capable of doing aerobic exercise should receive biphosphonates. We have used alendronate 70 mg per week. Vitamin K2 is useless under the doses of vitamin D we have employed. Aerobic exercise should start from the second medical appointment (when most fatigue is already gone). Disabling fatigue and intolerance to environmental heat affects around 80% of MS and seem to be reliable clinical index of disease activity. We always record the percentual improvement of fatigue and intolerance to heat. Patients usually start noticing reduction of fatigue around 1 month of treatment"

GAF

I have been applying 1 to 3 drops to my temples/forehead daily in the morning for about a week.

Results are no daytime sleepiness at all. No crashes after food. No fading out in the afternoon at office.

This is a major improvement and something that has never happened with my previous oral vitamin D supplementation attempts.

So, big thank you to haidut!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals