Bodyfat And Testosterone

Max.

I have read that high bf can lower testosterone, how can i reduce my bf without losing too much weight? And exist any chance to inhibits this?
Anyone can share personal experiences ?

Iron Man

Intermittent fasting seems to be where it's at. Caveat... IF needs to be only done for short periods though.

swarrior

Higher fat percentage results in more estrogen.

Conversion to testosterone will therefore be less right.

Constatine

Light exposure is good for lowering body fat. Red light exposure and sun light exposure are both great.

OP
Max.

Max.

Intermittent fasting seems to be where it's at. Caveat... IF needs to be only done for short periods though.

But how short ? I will gonna lose much weight?

Light exposure is good for lowering body fat. Red light exposure and sun light exposure are both great.

Thank u, i going to try this.

@topic
My problem is i am trying to tighten up skin after losing weight i don't have money to surgery, i am gaining a bit of fat, and i am thinking i will gonna gain more so i am trying to avoid gain to much and harm my hormones

OP
Max.

Max.

But at same time u gain that fat you test goes lower even more..

Iron Man

I would probably do IF for a month, then take a break for a few weeks and then do another month with IF and then take another break. That is how I would do it.

tankasnowgod

Well, more bodyfat seems to go along with low Testosterone and DHT, and higher estrogen. I think it's probably more interrelated and complicated than just one causing the other.

I also think it probably has to do with unsaturation levels of stored bodyfat. If you had the same amount of bodyfat but it was more saturated, it probably wouldn't suppress androgens as much.

Iron Man

Agreed... I believe the general consensus is that higher body fat, increases estrogen and lowers testosterone. Being lean (not crazy 8% lean, where your body is in a catabolic state) is definitely the best way to go, based on my experience. You feel better, much better.
I think IF works and it should be done in stages, just to reach your goal weight.
Before you go there though, have you looked at your overall health? Are you hypothyroid or is there anything else going on? Probably a good idea to check first, or maybe the IF approach will compound an issue...

OP
Max.

Max.

hello , sorry for late response, i will try IF..

But it's possible i can i be at a high weight with low bf on rp diet? Or this is only possible with drugs?

I am currently at 6'3 and 242 lbs

While lower body fat might be associated with higher testosterone (and the inverse true also), higher body fat still might be protective in the short run.

If losing fat (i.e. exercising) isn't that difficult or stressful for you, it's probably a fine approach to fat loss. If you're "losing too much weight" couldn't you just eat more? Or am I missing something?

Stramonium

DJclI7CUEAIDvLk.jpg:large

J

James IV

Lowering bodyfat wil definitely decrease estrogen. There is a lot stored in there. Sometimes you will just cry for no reason during long fasts. True story.

Fasting works best in spurts as stated. The body responds MUCH better to acute stress rather than chronic stress. Traditional caloric restriction (i.e. dieting for months on end) is probably the worst way to lose weight.

The more fat you have to lose, the longer you can make fasting intervals. If you only have a few vanity pounds, one 24 hour fast a week should slowly bring the fat off. If you have a significant amount of fat, you could do 48 hours once a week. I would not do more than 48 hours weekly. If you have the ability to be inactive, then you could do long fasts 3+ days. But I would not fast more than 10 days a month unless you have been eating a very good diet for a long time. Detox symptoms are real, and the more junk you have stored, the harder they work your system.

Remeber to eat normally on non fasting days, and even overeat sometimes. The key is acute periods of stress. If you try to cut calories on your feeding days, you will not shut down stress hormones enough to be ready for your next fasting day. This wil obviously result in chronic stress, rather than acute.

Last edited by a moderator:

raypeatclips

Lowering bodyfat wil definitely decrease estrogen. There is a lot stored in there. Sometimes you will just cry for no reason during long fasts. True story.

Fasting works best in spurts as stated. The body responds MUCH better to acute stress rather than chronic stress. Traditional caloric restriction (i.e. dieting for months on end) is probably the worst way to lose weight.

The more fat you have to lose, the longer you can make fasting intervals. If you only have a few vanity pounds, one 24 hour fast a week should slowly bring the fat off. If you have a significant amount of fat, you could do 48 hours once a week. I would not do more than 48 hours weekly. If you have the ability to be inactive, then you could do long fasts 3+ days. But I would not fast more than 10 days a month unless you have been eating a very good diet for a long time. Detox symptoms are real, and the more junk you have stored, the harder they work your system.

Remeber to eat normally on non fasting days, and even overeat sometimes. The key is acute periods of stress. If you try to cut calories on your feeding days, you will not shut down stress hormones enough to be ready for your next fasting day. This wil obviously result in chronic stress, rather than acute.

When you talk about 24 fasts, is that a complete 0 calories fast, drinking water only? Salted water?

Are you concerned about low blood sugar episodes during the fast or is that just expected?

Constatine

Good advise. I agree with this. I think just a few long fasts can reduce body fat by a lot. Be sure not to do more than 2 48 hour fasts a month though. Even 2 is pushing it. I think 1 is a better number.