Bloated Belly

kyle

I look like this guy.

Interestingly B1 can bring down the bloated gut but not very long. I know Peat says sodium is essential in edema. I've always salted to taste but can popping some sodium pills be a possible solution? Maybe my taste buds don't know if I'm getting enough salt?

theLaw

I think that this is inflammation especially around the liver possibly due to high estrogen.

Joe Rogan has a similar concave stomach even though he works out every day.

theLaw

Herbie

This is called gut distention.

My opinion is that it is caused by inflamed organs from PUFA and estrogen, seems to be related to liver heath also hampered by PUFA. Laying off the PUFA and using cyproheptadine and aspirin can help. Also drinking beer can cause this from yeast and estrogen and hampering the liver.

Even when a persons abdominal muscles are visible they can have what is called gut distention when the core muscles (internal and external obliques, pelvic floor, transverse adominous and mutifidous) relax and let go to allow the inflamed organs space and these people become vulnerable to spinal injuries and hernia's due to loss of integrity of core muscle system. If estrogen is elevated it contributes to this relaxation.

Very common in today's times.

ddjd

I look like this guy.

Interestingly B1 can bring down the bloated gut but not very long. I know Peat says sodium is essential in edema. I've always salted to taste but can popping some sodium pills be a possible solution? Maybe my taste buds don't know if I'm getting enough salt?

everything that reduces cortisol and estrogen will reduce it in my experience

Cirion

Not to hijack the thread, but I have been having some major problems too. Still a little new to peat. I have exploded like 20 lbs in 3 weeks and now I have a huge gut (relative to my frame at least), while the rest of me is pretty lean. I'm uncomfortably bloated all the time and have been tempted to fast for a few days to bring the bloat down, but if I do that, all my work of reducing stress will be for naught... I have to eat a lot of food (5000+ calories) a day because I have a huge appetite, so it's hard to get my bloat under control.

Staple Foods:
Carrots, coconut oil, cheese, milk, OJ, fruits (grapes, oranges, some apples primarily), grass fed beef (used to do 16 oz a day, limiting to 8 oz now to limit iron intake), eggs (limiting to 2 a day now), lindt chocolate (no soy lecithin), gelatin 2x a day, BCAA 2x a day

Supplements
multivitamin (no iron), magnesium glycinate, zinc picolinate, vitamin D, thiamine

T

tca300

@kyle Have you tried eliminating different carbohydrates and fibers from your diet? Fructose blows me up like a balloon. All of my life I can remember making people laugh by relaxing my stomach and pushing it out literally making me look super pregnant. Since removing fructose/sucrose/fructans etc.. I cannot, for the first time in my life hardly push my stomach out. Removing all fiber made my stomach even flatter.

Cirion

@kyle Have you tried eliminating different carbohydrates and fibers from your diet? Fructose blows me up like a balloon. All of my life I can remember making people laugh by relaxing my stomach and pushing it out literally making me look super pregnant. Since removing fructose/sucrose/fructans etc.. I cannot, for the first time in my life hardly push my stomach out. Removing all fiber made my stomach even flatter.

From what I've read here, it seems like one of the possibilities is potentially too much tryptophan in the diet or just bad gut in general (maybe needs more carrot, vinegar) or maybe caffeine could help also (as that improves liver function)?

Just curious, how do you have a high carb diet still if you don't eat fructose/sucrose or fiber (starch)? Or do you eat non-fibrous starch like white rice?

theLaw

So where are you getting your sugar from? (if no fructose or sucrose)o_O

Also, strange question, but how many grams of high-quality protein are you getting per day?

Thanks!:D

T

tca300

@theLaw @Cirion Milk, 200-250 grams of protein per day.
giphy.gif

Kehaar

My bloat is from distended intestines, I think. Not sure if you have the same problem, but for me, betaine HCl and digestive enzymes completely resolved it. I thought I was doing better health-wise (fixed temps, replacing thyroid hormone, good diet) and went off the betaine hcl and digestive enzymes this week. Big mistake. My stomach blew up again and I looked pregnant up until I started back on the supplements yesterday. Even though I eat very Peaty!

TreasureVibe

My bloat is from distended intestines, I think. Not sure if you have the same problem, but for me, betaine HCl and digestive enzymes completely resolved it. I thought I was doing better health-wise (fixed temps, replacing thyroid hormone, good diet) and went off the betaine hcl and digestive enzymes this week. Big mistake. My stomach blew up again and I looked pregnant up until I started back on the supplements yesterday. Even though I eat very Peaty!
Did you take anything besides the betaine HCl and digestive enzymes for the distended intestines? And what brand of digestive enzymes did you use? Thank you!

Kehaar

Did you take anything besides the betaine HCl and digestive enzymes for the distended intestines? And what brand of digestive enzymes did you use? Thank you!
I use Enzymetica Digest Gold. I occasionally take minocycline, usually if I get a zit on my face, and I think this helps my guts. I also take cascara, almost every day.

KetoDiesel

Going strict carnivore, meat and water only, has worked wonders for me in this regard. Also intermittent fasting helps as well... I combine the two.

MrThyroid

bloated belly oh boi i hated those experience some times i thought my gut will explode what helped was Activated charcoal and warm/ hot bath

Sobieski

To add my experience, I can eat like over 1000 calories in one go from eggs, soft cheese, full cream milk and feel relatively empty with a flat stomach. No facial bloating either. They tend to go hand in hand. Low fat milk and grains = big belly and facial bloating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals