Best Supplements For Healing Muscle/Tendon Injuries

Gone Peating

I injured my shoulder neck and back area working out a few years back. And I've never fully resolved the issue. It's kind of a nagging issue and every so often I'll "reinjure" it.

Can anyone recommend any supplements or techniques that helped them heal chronic, nagging wounds?

tankasnowgod

Maybe more of a food than supplement, but how about gelatin? And at a significant amount, too. Maybe 30-50 grams a day. There are a few threads with people having success for similar injuries with those amounts (some find relief in short times frames, like a few weeks).

Vitamin C could also be good, as it is necessary in building new collagen. Some of the aminos in gelatin could be useful too, specifically, glycine, proline, and lysine.

Also, for wound healing, Urea might be useful.

Red Light directly on the area might also be helpful. And Inclined Bed Therapy can also accelerate and improve any type of healing.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Having a good diet is obviously key. Make sure to have a good intake of protein, sugar, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, vit C, K2, D, salt, etc. Basically all micro-nutrients. I'm not advising a bunch of supplements but rather a proper diet with lots of these nutrients. But high dose K2 as a supplement might aid in the recovery.

Boosting metabolism, body heat and carbon dioxide is essential for recovery and for bone and joint repair. Inhibiting or lowering nitric oxide is also key, as nitric oxide has been found to be elevated in deteriorating joints.

In order to lower NO and boost CO2, you'll have to keep estrogen, serotonin, histamine and cortisol in check. Optimizing glucose oxidation, improving mitochondrial function and lowering stress will be key.

Then warm baths with Epsom salt and bicarb, red light and incline bed therapy could help a bunch.

Edit: just saw @tankasnowgod suggest the same, so I'm just seconding :)

OP
G

Gone Peating

Maybe more of a food than supplement, but how about gelatin? And at a significant amount, too. Maybe 30-50 grams a day. There are a few threads with people having success for similar injuries with those amounts (some find relief in short times frames, like a few weeks).

Vitamin C could also be good, as it is necessary in building new collagen. Some of the aminos in gelatin could be useful too, specifically, glycine, proline, and lysine.

Also, for wound healing, Urea might be useful.

Red Light directly on the area might also be helpful. And Inclined Bed Therapy can also accelerate and improve any type of healing.

I have actually noticed gelatin helps, unfortunately it also gives me pretty bad headaches

I have some glycine I've been trying but it doesn't seem to have the same beneficial effect as the great lakes gelatin

OP
G

Gone Peating

Having a good diet is obviously key. Make sure to have a good intake of protein, sugar, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, vit C, K2, D, salt, etc. Basically all micro-nutrients. I'm not advising a bunch of supplements but rather a proper diet with lots of these nutrients. But high dose K2 as a supplement might aid in the recovery.

Boosting metabolism, body heat and carbon dioxide is essential for recovery and for bone and joint repair. Inhibiting or lowering nitric oxide is also key, as nitric oxide has been found to be elevated in deteriorating joints.

In order to lower NO and boost CO2, you'll have to keep estrogen, serotonin, histamine and cortisol in check. Optimizing glucose oxidation, improving mitochondrial function and lowering stress will be key.

Then warm baths with Epsom salt and bicarb, red light and incline bed therapy could help a bunch.

Edit: just saw @tankasnowgod suggest the same, so I'm just seconding :)

Nice. I have never really thought about NO, and I also know I'm pretty sensitive to histamine so I will look more into these. My CO2 levels are solid I think at 30mmol/L (the range was 20-32mmol/L) and my diet is not devoid of any macro or micro nutrients

Red light feels good when I do it but it doesn't really resolve the nagging aching. I also use Magnoil and it helps relax the muscles, but only temporarily.

I'll have to see what effects lowering NO does. Thank you

tankasnowgod

I have actually noticed gelatin helps, unfortunately it also gives me pretty bad headaches

I have some glycine I've been trying but it doesn't seem to have the same beneficial effect as the great lakes gelatin

Well, then how about Gelatin rich foods? Shanks, Oxtail, broth made from chicken feet or cows feet?

Hans

Forum Supporter
What about doing light concentric exercise, such as rowing, with resistance bands and do short isometric holds to stimulate blood flow and then supplement gelatin and vit C before and/or after to stimulate collagen regeneration.

Have you been to a Chiro to see if you have any knots, or misaligned spine or other joints?

I've heard TB-500 is great for regenerating injuries, but have never tried it or am advising it. Just mentioning.

GAF

Red light is the best answer. Nothing else comes close to repairing nagging injuries.

olive

TB-500 and BCP-157, nothing compares

Completely healed my nagging shoulder injuries in just a few weeks of daily injections

olive

But its nothing close to growth hormone...….
But with less side effects, growth hormone causes insulin resistance

I’m not suggesting you are conflating the three but BCP-157 and TB-500 aren’t growth hormone secretagogues - although they are often grouped with them

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals